Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

That he's scared of losing majority control of the Senate after his members are forced to vote on impeachment?
    That the deck is stacked against impeachment and they'll use failed attempts of the past as redirection and as misdirection. There needs to be a figurative firing squad of smoking guns to get this done. Republican power hinges on Trump surviving. They're stuck with him for now.

Comment

Yeah, we're still at the Personality Attack phase of the (potential) decline of Canadian democracy. We really are in a completely different place in terms of polarization and distrust of government/democratic institutions compared to the States.
      Kind of agree ... but I sense there is a leach of much of the corrosive extremist sensibilities floating over to us (inevitable I suppose) and polluting our collective sensibilities. This is one of the reasons why I have been railing against this criminal enterprise in the WH. This is unprecedented in US history. The guy is running amok and actually believes I feel that whatever he does is permissible.... because he is potus. Nixon tried that defense and lost because it is unconstitutional.
      That and I also have family in the US and of course support their well being.

Comment

• Mud slinging can only be made possible by political parties foolishly nominating the wrong leaders.

Comment

• Mitt is planning for the future:

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Kind of agree ... but I sense there is a leach of much of the corrosive extremist sensibilities floating over to us (inevitable I suppose) and polluting our collective sensibilities. This is one of the reasons why I have been railing against this criminal enterprise in the WH. This is unprecedented in US history. The guy is running amok and actually believes I feel that whatever he does is permissible.... because he is potus. Nixon tried that defense and lost because it is unconstitutional.
            Yeah, we get a glimpse of the polarization 'canary in the coal mine' with the number of Canadians with full-throated support for Trump through this debacle of a term. Social media magnifies perception of extremism - on both sides, sure - but I could easily see it becoming the norm if things break the wrong way.

I wonder if a minority government will help, or hurt...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That the deck is stacked against impeachment and they'll use failed attempts of the past as redirection and as misdirection. There needs to be a figurative firing squad of smoking guns to get this done. Republican power hinges on Trump surviving. They're blessed with him for now.
              fixed that for you. the gop would feel our ire if they turned on trump. trump has been fantastic.

Comment

• 50 year low unemployment despite every single thing he does is wrong, and illegal, and evidence.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

LOL. The left in 2019:

I hate how toxic and divisive our politics are becoming! It's just awful and ruinous for democracy.

That's why I call my political opponents criminals and engage in promulgating lunatic conspiracy theories against them.

Comment

• Can someone remind me the name of that Canadian Prime Minister who also had historically low levels of unemployment? It's on the tip of my tongue...

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

50 year low unemployment despite every single thing he does is wrong, and illegal, and evidence.
                      The comment section on that video is amazing ... the Incels are out in full force! Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

The comment section on that video is amazing ... the Incels are out in full force! Lol
                        tim's comment section is always a good read. one guy (sum faggot) is pretty funny.

Comment

• they have suggested soylent green to fight climate change, i have seen with my eyes a chinese man eat what i actually believe to be a human fetus. that said, ben thinks aoc's baby eating crazy is trolling.

Comment

• Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 4, 2019, 05:24 PM. Reason: Fixed twitter link.

Comment

• Oh Ben Shapiro, never stop making conservative posters look like whiney nutjobs.

Comment

Oh Ben Shapiro, never stop making conservative posters look like whiney nutjobs.

edit add: i can't find the screaming and lamentations of the women
                                Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Oct 4, 2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X