Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    LOL. You guys are really passive-aggressive today. I'm not threatened at all by a child. I find her situation quite sad and feel sorry for her for what her parents and the other parasites leeching off her have done to her. But she has no understanding of how complex the issues in play are and her 'facts' are absurd - unless Joey you believe the world is going to end in 12 years. See, I'm old enough to remember when they did this before with Suzuki's kid back in the 90s - paraded some poor teenager around as a human shield.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

You never did answer my question as to whether you think Alberta/Western Canada has a realistic shot at joining the US .. I'm sincerely curious as to your take on this, since you've already conceded it's the only feasible way for you to get out.
      Oh, I thought I did. I would say two things, yes, I think the US would be a viable option given the resources and wealth in play. Is it a sure thing? No, I wouldn't go that far but it is certainly viable.

Second, while I believe that would be the best option I don't discount leaving otherwise. Look, if we have no economy, no jobs, no future, no political power and no ability to pursue our livelihood then leaving and crossing our fingers isn't really worse than the alternative. Bear in mind there's also the possibility that it wouldn't just be AB but the entire prairies (AB,SK, MB) given that there really isn't any good reason for either province to stick around. I don't discount simply leaving because I don't know all the dynamics that would be in play - BC would also have to make some tough decisions given it would be surrounded by foreign countries. It may very well be viable as events unfolded.

Comment

LOL. You guys are really passive-aggressive today. I'm not threatened at all by a child. I find her situation quite sad and feel sorry for her for what her parents and the other parasites leeching off her have done to her. But she has no understanding of how complex the issues in play are and her 'facts' are absurd - unless Joey you believe the world is going to end in 12 years. See, I'm old enough to remember when they did this before with Suzuki's kid back in the 90s - paraded some poor teenager around as a human shield.
        First Bold: Lol Sorry, been a long day already.
        I'll concede I never heard the 2nd bolded, and no I don't believe that to be the case, and I also don't disagree that some of her latest moves to side with more extreme parties could backfire on her and the movement, but it's the simple message that shouldn't be lost .. that unless we act, there is a point of no return, and that Governments the world over are not doing enough. If there are facts to dispute anything that she is putting forward, then rather than just dismiss her a kid, your side should use this as an opportunity to educate everyone as to why you think Governments are doing enough, and that 99% of Scientists have misread the information. That's more where I'm coming from.
        Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 17th, 2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Look, if we have no economy, no jobs, no future, no political power and no ability to pursue our livelihood then leaving and crossing our fingers isn't really worse than the alternative.
          Albertans had an economy, jobs, a future, political power, and an ability to pursue their livelihood before you were born and before oil ever left the ground in that province, and Albertans will continue to have the same regardless of who wins the election or what the future of the oil industry turns out to be.

You sound like a 16-year-old who doesn't fully understand the situation and is being used as a puppet by an industry that has been funding an anti-climate change campaign for decades.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Mulroney should be in jail. Not sure what that has to do the concept of parliamentary responsible government in Canada but you do you big guy.

Now do Trudeau's obstruction of justice. Only sitting PM to break the law while in office. Twice.
            I was referring to your platitude of Scheer having 90 years of responsible govt. behind him ... and pointing to an indiscretion/felony by a predecessor of his own party. You do have the malady of tunnel vision so Mulroney was a little reminder. I do not discount indiscretions by members of other parties.

2nd bold: Sorry, haven't seen JT in the dock or orange jumpsuit. Musta been a seance.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

I was referring to your platitude of Scheer having 90 years of responsible govt. behind him ... and pointing to an indiscretion/felony by a predecessor of his own party. You do have the malady of tunnel vision so Mulroney was a little reminder. I do not discount indiscretions by members of other parties.

2nd bold: Sorry, haven't seen JT in the dock or orange jumpsuit. Musta been a seance.
              No, by responsible government I mean a cabinet supported by Parliament with the government being formed by the party with the most seats. We've done that for a long time here.

As for Mulroney, he should be in jail. Of course, so should Chretien for his role in AdScam but in Canada guys like that never suffer any consequences. Trudeau will be the same. He will never be held accountable for what he did to Norman or for SNC. Just the way it goes up here.

Comment

But she has no understanding of how complex the issues in play are and her 'facts' are absurd - unless Joey you believe the world is going to end in 12 years. See, I'm old enough to remember when they did this before with Suzuki's kid back in the 90s - paraded some poor teenager around as a human shield.
                And this is where they lose the battle. People who need to fend for themselves can't get on board with a much higher cost of living sold on the back of a sensational doomsday theory.

Comment

• https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2...-opening-game/

Some fans are planning to give away thousands of Pro-Hong kong shirts for the opening game of the NBA season while all eyes are on Toronto. We are about to get involved in this as long as the front office doesn't shut this down.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    And this is where they lose the battle. People who need to fend for themselves can't get on board with a much higher cost of living sold on the back of a sensational doomsday theory.
                    i always fall for propaganda disguised as horrid parenting. i am also telling my kid he is going to die everyday unless he forces everyone to do what he says, by any means necessary.

Comment

a sensational doomsday theory.
                      I'm really curious about this, since some of you seem like intelligent types in most ways. Do you honestly believe that climate change is something we can ignore in the interest of getting the most out of the oil sands, or that it is somehow being sensationalized? For what purpose can you imagine such a sensational story being cooked up by the world's scientists? I don't see the stake in it for these "enviro-terrorists" to make it worth the hassle and ridicule from the other side since the 70s. And how do you suggest they would pull off pulling the wool over the eyes of the rest of us, with their relatively limited resources and limited support (until the recent past), in the face of the massive resources and massive support (until the recent past) propping up the anti-climate change campaign by the oil industry? It just doesn't square, logically, which makes me believe emotion is outweighing rationality on the oilers' side.

Honest question.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        https://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2...-opening-game/

Some fans are planning to give away thousands of Pro-Hong kong shirts for the opening game of the NBA season while all eyes are on Toronto. We are about to get involved in this as long as the front office doesn't shut this down.
                        our guys love human rights so much they give terrorist murderers 10.5 million. pretty safe bet everyone in the raptors organization is on the side of freedom and human rights.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

I'm really curious about this, since some of you seem like intelligent types in most ways. Do you honestly believe that climate change is something we can ignore in the interest of getting the most out of the oil sands, or that it is somehow being sensationalized? For what purpose can you imagine such a sensational story being cooked up by the world's scientists? I don't see the stake in it for these "enviro-terrorists" to make it worth the hassle and ridicule from the other side since the 70s. And how do you suggest they would pull off pulling the wool over the eyes of the rest of us, with their relatively limited resources and limited support (until the recent past), in the face of the massive resources and massive support (until the recent past) propping up the anti-climate change campaign by the oil industry? It just doesn't square, logically, which makes me believe emotion is outweighing rationality on the oilers' side.

Honest question.
                          i honestly believe that if in 100 years the temperature is at -46 in ottawa as compared to -48 i wont give two fucks. i honestly believe you can throw away all your money into saving the world that you want. i honestly don't believe the world is ending until the sun makes it too hot to live here. i also know that nunavut used to be a tropical rain forest where life thrived, now a barren waste. i also know that canada cleans more co2 than creates. i also know that technology will advance, tech you are free to invest in, to save the world.

telling us what is, and giving yourselves the right to our stuff isn't going to work. you seem like a bright guy, you should understand that.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

Honest question.
                            You seem like an intelligent person. Tell me why you believe the world will end in one decade? Maybe you can subsidize all the non-believers through any financial holdings you deservedly earned in order to stop this global catastrophe that is coming in one decade? What is wealth of any measure worth if there is nothing left to enjoy it on or with?

Comment

• And what to do about places like China who will not slow down. Do you propose war? What are you willing to sacrifice to stop the doomsday clock?

Comment

And what to do about places like China who will not slow down. Do you propose war? What are you willing to sacrifice to stop the doomsday clock?
                                the last military parade in beijing before i left ended up getting "parade air", and "parade sky" banned on the chinese social media sites. they just turned off the factories around the provinces near beijing, and the city got beautiful blue skies, and no smog. they also have special license plate days where you can't drive if you have an even number last digit, or odd number last digit. the chinese buy two license plates, and just switch them daily.

shanghai has smog so thick and dense it is like the thickest morning fog anyone has ever seen. they were selling bottles of air, ala spaceballs. then they hired a dutch architect, i believe, to come up with air cleaning buildings. the communists didn't tax their people into starvation, and poverty. they free marketed solutions.
                                https://archpaper.com/2017/02/beijin...lery-0-slide-0
                                it's a weird city filter.

Comment

Working...
                                X