Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Politics II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Anyways, I think summing up trudeau's "millenial vote" is too simplistic. Millenials, as opposed to the common image in someones head when using it, is not some 20 year old with a sideways hat in university. WE are currently 23-38 years old. Millenials are literally half the adult workforce. Some of them have teenage kids. Their issues are buying houses, saving money, taxes, and yes the environment. But I dont think they're too worried about weed or plastic straws right now.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #62
      KeonClark wrote: View Post

      By the time you're 15 or 16, for most kids, you may not know what you want to do, but you know what it is you WONT be doing. Do you need to be taking poetry at an 11th grade level if you clearly love building stuff with your hands?
      I don't think everyone should have the same educational experience in high school, I said high school is about preparing the child for a healthy, productive adulthood just as every other grade should also be about that and nothing else. Kids should have opportunities to pursue their interests but some core subjects should be mandatory. Kids don't know what they don't know and they don't know what they need to know. Math, English and computers studies are all vital as Miek already said and I'll also add in economics.

      Comment


      • #63
        Apollo wrote: View Post

        I don't think everyone should have the same educational experience in high school, I said high school is about preparing the child for a healthy, productive adulthood just as every other grade should also be about that and nothing else. Kids should have opportunities to pursue their interests but some core subjects should be mandatory. Kids don't know what they don't know and they don't know what they need to know. Math, English and computers studies are all vital as Miek already said and I'll also add in economics.
        Fair enough, I just think Math and English are only necessary to about 10th or 11th grade unless there is a possibility of going further in those fields. Agree on economics, in fact it's severely lacking in schools. More time could be spent teaching kids how to invest, save, and budget etc, rather than teaching them about William Shakespeare stories for 50 hours a year
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • #64
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Anyways, I think summing up trudeau's "millenial vote" is too simplistic. Millenials, as opposed to the common image in someones head when using it, is not some 20 year old with a sideways hat in university. WE are currently 23-38 years old. Millenials are literally half the adult workforce. Some of them have teenage kids. Their issues are buying houses, saving money, taxes, and yes the environment. But I dont think they're too worried about weed or plastic straws right now.
          In polls millennials are defined as 18 to 34. Its unlikeley they have teenage kids. They might ..but hard to see it.
          No idea on the aggregate % of the workforce they represent.
          If the issues you describe are what millennials care about in the order you wrote them in then with a modicum of research they would vote Tory..but polls indicate they lean to the gospel,according to skippy.
          The crass shouty white lady is going to be surprised that plastic straws are not moving the needle.

          Its early..Skippy is already taking it in the chest about obstructing the RCMP from investigating himself and the PMO on obstruction charges. Just mull that over for a minute. Obstructing an investigation on obstructing Justice. Happens every day.

          Fuck Boston.

          Comment


          • #65
            Please Canadian media, obsess some more about how Twitter trolls said mean things to Climate Barbie. When you're done with that, perhaps spend some time filling in our fellow citizens as to the destruction her ilk have wrought in the West.

            Oh, can't cover that story, breaking news.... 8 auto workers in Oshawa got laid off and will only get 15 years severance. All 5 party leaders have rushed to the Ontario to unveil their plans to save their jobs! $100 trillion has been offered to Ford to keep the factory open!

            Comment


            • #66
              Lol.
              The federal government announced more than $3 billion in spending in the province — and opposition parties say the spending was more motivated by winning votes than by good governance.

              Comment


              • #67
                slaw wrote: View Post
                Lol.
                Jesus christ. The money pipelines to Quebec never stop flowing...
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #68
                  The first of the debates is on tonight.
                  Its going up against TNF and the lousy Jays vs. The playing out the string Red Sox.
                  So it will get a look..for how long I am not sure.

                  One thing for sure...the empty chair will probably do better than if it was occupied.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    So Global is reporting that a RCMP intelligence director has been arrested basically as a spy and given the guy's background you have three guesses as to who he is working for and, no, it isn't Russian Facebook trolls.

                    I wonder if Scheer will have the balls to call out the Chinese directly here and start asking questions as to how much influence the PRC has in BC and Ottawa and a certain political party that he is competition with at the moment. Nah.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Politics really are the worst.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Maury wrote: View Post
                        Politics really are the worst.
                        Bad news: you'll get nothing but politics for the next 14 months
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Maury wrote: View Post
                          Politics really are the worst.
                          You may not be interested in the revolution, but the revolution is interested in you....

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Not that the PBO is the be-all and end-all authority on costing programs (and some of their work is not that good) but if you make rules and demand the other parties abide by them and then won't do so yourself, you look a hypocrite.

                            The Liberal government changed the Parliament of Canada Act to give the PBO new powers to cost campaign promises

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              Not that the PBO is the be-all and end-all authority on costing programs (and some of their work is not that good) but if you make rules and demand the other parties abide by them and then won't do so yourself, you look a hypocrite.
                              Except nobody demanded anything of anyone? It was always set up as an Optional tool. I agree it's a bad look, but just wanted to clarify that.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Trudeau jumps significantly on Sept poll of "who would make the best PM" - up 7 points since August, to 37%. Scheer down a couple points to 30%.

                                https://globalnews.ca/news/5913686/c...minister-poll/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X