Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post

You are woefully not in tune with what drives the parliamentary election process ... it's the party platform, it's articulation and lastly the party leader.

The PCs were woeful in all 3 categories especially so after JT's Lavalin misstep and the clearly dirty tricks revelations by the Blues/Scheer. Progressives are quite discernible about such political machinations, thanks.

A minority govt. will sharpen JT up. It might even lead him to step away after a year or so and let someone else take over.
    Cool, then I don't need to hear crap from the left about how Canada is racist and bigoted anymore. As long as the politician is on your team anything goes for progressive hypocrites. That's fine, just stop with all the virtue signaling, moral preening and holier-than-thou grandstanding people who are happy Blackie McBlackFace won.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

It wasn’t Ford...
      Its a rejection of the CPC by women between 18 and 40.
      They either don’t like the policys ..real or imagined..of the CPC.
      My point is people in Ontario voted for Ford - like 5 minutes ago. Perhaps someone should have asked him why. Perhaps the CPC brainiacs might have, I don't know, gotten him involved in the campaign? Naw, they clearly had it all under control.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My point is people in Ontario voted for Ford - like 5 minutes ago. Perhaps someone should have asked him why. Perhaps the CPC brainiacs might have, I don't know, gotten him involved in the campaign? Naw, they clearly had it all under control.
        Can't offer "Buck-a-Beer" federally unfortunately, I don't think.

And people in Ontario are not exactly pleased with Ford right now, so I'm not sure that would have been a good idea to bring him along on the campaign... if your intention was to get Ontario to vote more blue federally that is.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Can't offer "Buck-a-Beer" federally unfortunately, I don't think.

And people in Ontario are not exactly pleased with Ford right now, so I'm not sure that would have been a good idea to bring him along on the campaign... if your intention was to get Ontario to vote more blue federally that is.
          Strut a little Joey...you have a minority.
          And lost the popular vote. Just Iike the guy you love to hate in DJTrump.

In less than 36 months we head back to the polls again.
          A generally moderate Canada has been polarized by Skippy. He is PM of the GTA, La Ville de Montreal and pogey central in the Atlantic.

disappointed to say the least.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

A generally moderate Canada has been polarized by Skippy. He is PM of the GTA, La Ville de Montreal and pogey central in the Atlantic.
            Who's strutting? Do you disagree with what I said?

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            I figured you might be when it was all said and done.

As I said above, I expect we'll go Blue in the next one, so just hang in there.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Cool, then I don't need to hear crap from the left about how Canada is racist and bigoted anymore. As long as the politician is on your team anything goes for progressive hypocrites. That's fine, just stop with all the virtue signaling, moral preening and holier-than-thou grandstanding people who are happy Blackie McBlackFace won.
              Really, Canada? Who wrote/said that? This is typically an individual or group malady ... not a national one. Just because you think in the all-encompassing attribution of vileness does not mean everyone else does. You are much confused.

Comment

• Its odd that I see no one complaining about Trudeau being leader of the nation despite his party losing the popular vote. I unfortunately can't go back to a goldmine of posts in here from the past where certain individuals who are now silent on this matter were complaining that Trump should not have won and the popular vote should be all that matters. What happened?

Four years can change things for sure. Anyway, I think we'll see a new leader running not only for the Liberals next time but also for the the Conservatives.

Comment

Really, Canada? Who wrote/said that? This is typically an individual or group malady ... not a national one. Just because you think in the all-encompassing attribution of vileness does not mean everyone else does. You are much confused.
                  The lack of self awareness on your part is not surprising. Trudeau's right hand man calls his opponents Nazis. When asked if Canada was racist, Singh answered "no question". Blackie McBlackFace has said Canada has committed genocide! Your side is the one that divides people into groups and plays power politics - you do it all the time and then try to gaslight everyone when called on it. Nope. You like the racist guy in blackface cause his politics match yours. Good for you. At least have the courage to own it rather than trying to obfuscate and equivocate.

Comment

I see that throughout history everytime there's been a minority there's another election in 1 to 3 years, usually 2 years or less. Pardon me as I'm not an expert on Canadian Parliament and the house of commons, but why is that? And do we expect that to be the case again?
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Its odd that I see no one complaining about Trudeau being leader of the nation despite his party losing the popular vote. I unfortunately can't go back to a goldmine of posts in here from the past where certain individuals who are now silent on this matter were complaining that Trump should not have won and the popular vote should be all that matters. What happened?

Four years can change things for sure. Anyway, I think we'll see a new leader running not only for the Liberals next time but also for the the Conservatives.
                      Both sides bitch. I've seen plenty of conservatives complaining about that exact thing.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Its odd that I see no one complaining about Trudeau being leader of the nation despite his party losing the popular vote. I unfortunately can't go back to a goldmine of posts in here from the past where certain individuals who are now silent on this matter were complaining that Trump should not have won and the popular vote should be all that matters. What happened?

Jeez, I wonder. It's almost like some of these guys on here are hypocrites and only complain about things (corruption, racism, voting systems, etc.) when it suits their own team but are too dishonest to admit it. In any case, that's the way the system works. If it was by popular vote every party would campaign differently so you can't know the results would be the same. The Liberals played the game better.

As for new leaders, I don't think Trudeau is going anywhere. He has a large minority and the NDP and BQ have no reason to want another vote. He's safe. There are no logical A-list successors to Scheer other than Jason Kenney and I understand from people who know him that he doesn't want the job right now.

Comment

Jeez, I wonder. It's almost like some of these guys on here are hypocrites and only complain about things (corruption, racism, voting systems, etc.) when it suits their own team but are too dishonest to admit it. In any case, that's the way the system works. If it was by popular vote every party would campaign differently so you can't know the results would be the same. The Liberals played the game better.

As for new leaders, I don't think Trudeau is going anywhere. He has a large minority and the NDP and BQ have no reason to want another vote. He's safe. There are no logical A-list successors to Scheer other than Jason Kenney and I understand from people who know him that he doesn't want the job right now.
                          While I do not want Trudeau as the leader of the country I will still defend my stance that the popular vote should never matter as it is very important that all areas of the country get a voice seeing how all areas of the country contribute to the whole and have their own challenges that certain densely populated areas do not understand or quiet frankly don't give a shit about. So I'm no to Trudeau but I'd defend his right to govern in any debate. My democratic views on what is right are not based on convenience. It would be hard to maintain credibility with such... Inconsistencies.

I think Trudeau will finish out his term, no doubt. My comment on Sheer not heading into another election as leader is wishful thinking maybe. I don't know. I think he dropped the ball and there should be consequences.

Comment

Two entirely different systems... parliamentary vs. US presidential (with a constitutional mandated electoral college count which could override the FPP voting concept). Voting for a seat vs. voting for a head of govt. That's what happened.

Comment

Two entirely different systems... parliamentary vs. US presidential (with a constitutional mandated electoral college count which could override the FPP voting concept). Voting for a seat vs. voting for a head of govt. That's what happened.
                              Different yet both trying to safeguard against the same thing. They're similar enough to cast some doubts in here about sincerity.

Comment

The lack of self awareness on your part is not surprising. Trudeau's right hand man calls his opponents Nazis. When asked if Canada was racist, Singh answered "no question". Blackie McBlackFace has said Canada has committed genocide! Your side is the one that divides people into groups and plays power politics - you do it all the time and then try to gaslight everyone when called on it. Nope. You like the racist guy in blackface cause his politics match yours. Good for you. At least have the courage to own it rather than trying to obfuscate and equivocate.
                                Like sound bites much? I like context .... so i'll help you...

But there was another moment at the same event in Grassy Narrows, a northwestern Ontario Ojibwe First Nation that has been struggling for decades with toxic mercury in its water, that did not attract as much attention. When asked whether he thought Canada is a racist country, Singh said, "There's no question about it."

"If you look at the treatment of Indigenous people, there is a decision being made not to fund basic things like water. There is a decision being made to ensure that Indigenous Canadians don't get the basic funding that's needed."

Later, in a one-on-one interview, Singh demurred when asked again if he thought Canada was racist. "The label, I don't know how much that helps," Singh told CBC News.

But he said he agrees that some Canadian government policies and actions are examples of systemic racism.
                                He was visiting a First Nations location with the usual major issues ... he walked back the statement. Read carefully, do you disagree with the bold?

Take a day off... you are much too upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X