Everything Politics II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Re Mexico, it seems to me that the Americans should declare the cartels terrorist organizations and start seizing their assets and go after the politicians and bankers who launder the money for them.

I mean, I get that the northern border of Syria is the most important border in the world to the American establishment but you think everyone (and on a non-partisan basis) would be just a little concerned about multiple massive paramilitary organizations encamped directly south of you that effectively control your neighbouring country and can now defeat its military in open conflict. Is no one worried about this?
    Seriously, you had to lay the bold into the post ostensibly about the terrible Mormon killings? Do you even know what the Kurds did to help round up the ISIS thugs and why allowing Turkey to ethnic cleanse Kurdish towns was a terrible payback by your man Trump?

But enough of that. Do you have any idea who are shipping heavy weaponry to the drug cartels in Mexico? Here is a piece on the unfortunate incident and complexity of the events/reasons. It is not even known yet why these seeming non threatening mormons were picked on.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/06/77685...in-in-its-guns

btw... the mighty US can take care of their border as well as meet their commitments internationally where it is in their interests. Removal of a thousand special forces group who acted as a buffer in a tinder box area was NOT in US' interest. DT probably got a payoff from Erdogan and a thank you note from Putin ... both beneficiaries in the withdrawal (not really since they got moved to Iraq).

Comment

• Good luck with Wexit, folks, if this is who you're hitching your wagon to...

https://pressprogress.ca/alberta-wex...ial-agitation/
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        Good luck with Wexit, folks, if this is who you're hitching your wagon to...

https://pressprogress.ca/alberta-wex...ial-agitation/
        So Quebec sabre rattling is accepted BAU....but Albertas will not be recognized ?

I am still seething that SockBoy and his coterie of misfit toys are still going to be to the right of the speaker despite the LPC ability to fuck up a two car funeral.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So Quebec sabre rattling is accepted BAU....but Albertas will not be recognized ?

I am still seething that SockBoy and his coterie of misfit toys are still going to be to the right of the speaker despite the LPC ability to fuck up a two car funeral.
          Did you read the article? Please do so and then rebut. Wexit seems to be led by the yellow vesters - white nationalists and xenophobes. You on board with that?
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Did you read the article? Please do so and then rebut. Wexit seems to be led by the yellow vesters - white nationalists and xenophobes. You on board with that?
            I am not on board with you lablelling Western discontent (with ample cause btw) as being led by the new bogeyman of white nationalists or the current slur du jour "yellow vests". Thats rubbish. The party most closed minded on immigration was the PPC and they got slaughtered by the electorate.
            . .
            I could ask you if your looking to point an ever ready finger at a white nationalist presence in govt that perhaps you should have a dispassionate look at Quebec City and Msr. Leagaults Bill 21. That my friend is a nationalistic plank.

Heres a visual aid of CAQ cabinet to support a thought that the CAQ is the most homogeneous party in the country. Seems to be a single Trudeau blackface in the pic In the back row of course. Because its 2019..

Don't throw to many stones at glass houses.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 7th, 2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I am not on board with you lablelling Western discontent (with ample cause btw) as being led by the new bogeyman of white nationalists or the current slur du jour "yellow vests". Thats rubbish. The party most closed minded on immigration was the PPC and they got slaughtered by the electorate.
              . .
              I could ask you if your looking to point an ever ready finger at a white nationalist presence in govt that perhaps you should have a dispassionate look at Quebec City and Msr. Leagaults Bill 21. That my friend is a nationalistic plank.

Heres a visual aid of CAQ cabinet to support a thought that the CAQ is the most homogeneous party in the country. Seems to be a single Trudeau blackface in the pic In the back row of course. Because its 2019..

Just wanted to point out that the PQ is the defacto separatist party in Quebec ... not the CAQ. The Wexit people imo have the same notion of separation as the PQ but seem to lean extreme right wing socially (unlike the PQ). The PQ received but 17% of the vote in the last prov. elections which must say something about what Quebecers now think about separation.

Is everyone on board with secession as a two-way process practically speaking? The PQ have realized that.

Comment

. .

Still didn’t read the article. Got it. I’m not insinuating anything re yellow vests. It’s in the “wexit” platform. Bill 21 is ridiculous. It will get shut down by the Supreme Court eventually. The wexit platform is worse.

Comment

I realize there is no sense arguing with you as I am a white nationalist and xenophobe because I disagree with you but this group is not driving anything. Everywhere I go in Calgary and everyone I talk to from bankers, to rig pigs, to lawyers, to doctors, to secretaries, to waitresses to barbers is talking about it. You guys have absolutely no clue what is happening here and you don't care and that's fine but entire communities are being devastated and people are looking for solutions to that devastation. Since we cannot find those in Canada as it currently works, people are willing to consider other options, including separation if nothing else works.

Despite the insane spin and nonsense from Press Progress, Alberta separation is not about Nazis, it is simply about resignation that our interests are apposite central Canada and there is no longer anyway to reconcile those competing interests. The fact that you believe the tripe in this article reflects Albertans or their values tells me everything I need to know about you and further confirms why in my mind why we need to leave if people like you are generally reflective of how Canadians think of Albertans.

EDIT: I should also add that the people I talk to are not angry, they are just resigned. They see no other option. There isn't even much bitterness or resentment. Nor, unlike Quebec, do we want anything (other than maybe the $40 billion from CPP and the military bases), and we don't want to blackmail you for any money. We just want to go. It seems to me that all the people yelling white supremacist!!! are the angry ones.
                  Last edited by slaw; Thu Nov 7th, 2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• ben at stanford. on the topic of the alt left/and right needing each other for them both to exist. most of it is how the alt right presents itself.
                    "remember we are america first nationalists, not kikes into the firepit now." lol.

funny bit with the "protestors" he was in the middle of condemning actual nazi's when they decided to shout up. lol. they we're protesting against speech condemning nazis.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

ben at stanford. on the topic of the alt left/and right needing each other for them both to exist. most of it is how the alt right presents itself.
                      "remember we are america first nationalists, not kikes into the firepit now." lol.

funny bit with the "protestors" he was in the middle of condemning actual nazi's when they decided to shout up. lol. they we're protesting against speech condemning nazis.
                      "Ben"?
                      What, are you guys buddies. How cute you feel so familiar with such a twat

Comment

• We live in interesting times when the bar is set higher for hockey commentators than it is for the office of prime minister.

Comment

We live in interesting times when the bar is set higher for hockey commentators than it is for the office of prime minister.
                          Oh boy... still haven't gotten over the election I see. I'll go for the innocuous costume party attendance than the curtain cloth jackets I have to endure on Saturday nights.... and similar rants.

Wonder if CBC does the same? Wonder what his tell is about who an immigrant is not wearing the poppy?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Oh boy... still haven't gotten over the election I see. I'll go for the innocuous costume party attendance than the curtain cloth jackets I have to endure on Saturday nights.... and similar rants.

Wonder if CBC does the same? Wonder what his tell is about who an immigrant is not wearing the poppy?
                            LOL...innocuous costume party attire....or said another way ..Blackface
                            At 30 years old.
                            It was 2001.

There is less spin on football.

Comment

• TORONTO -- Hockey broadcaster Don Cherry has suggested that he was given an opportunity to stay with Sportsnet after making widely derided comments about immigrants and poppies.

“I could’ve stayed on if I wanted to and knuckled under, and turned into a simp, but that’s not my style,” Cherry said Monday night in an interview with Toronto radio station Newstalk 1010. “I’m unemployed now after 38 years. It’s kind of strange to be unemployed, halfway through the season. And of all days Remembrance Day. It’s sad.”

Cherry was fired Monday, nearly 40 years after he began working for “Hockey Night in Canada,” as part of the fallout from Saturday night’s broadcast.

During his “Coach’s Corner” segment, the 85-year-old Cherry claimed that immigrants do not wear poppies or support veterans.

"You people … that come here, whatever it is, you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple bucks for a poppy or something like that," he said. "These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada, these guys paid the biggest price."

Since his firing, he hasn’t elaborated on what he could have done to remain at the “Coach’s Corner” desk, but told Newstalk 1010 that “there’s no doubt about it” that he could have kept his job.

“If I had gone on and said a few things and done a few things, I definitely would have been back,” he said. “If you’re not going to be yourself on television, then what’s the sense in doing it?”

His remarks, which are the latest in a decades-long string of controversial comments from the popular commentator, were widely criticized.
                              Speaking to Newstalk 1010’s Barb DiGiulio, Cherry referred to his comments as “one little slip,” and referenced “all the guys that have gone” in the entertainment business.

“It is the most toughest business in the world,” he said. “You make one little slip and you’re gone. After 38 years, which is kind of tough to do, but you got to be tough in this business. You can’t whine about it. You’re gone, you’re gone.”
                              "I did not say minorities, I did not say immigrants. If you watch 'Coach's Corner,' I did not say that. I said 'everybody.' And I said 'you people,’” he told The Canadian Press.
                              “You make one little comment like ‘you people’ and you know how it picks up,” he said. “It could have been anybody. It could have been the Irish, it could have been Scots, it could have been English.”
                              https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/i-don-...lean-1.4680203

He's been saying controversial things on air for decades but this is what did it.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Tue Nov 12th, 2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

We live in interesting times when the bar is set higher for hockey commentators than it is for the office of prime minister.
                                Well clearly the populace is less outraged by this sort of thing than a Major TV Corporation ... surprise surprise. For all your criticism of "outrage culture" you sure cling to the outrage longer than most.

Comment

Working...
                                X