Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    This is impossible. Canada has a carbon tax now. Climate change has been solved.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pressu...hrth8w.twitter

Comment

• Oh, me, me, call on me!!!!

Cause the base of the Democratic party is now rich, white, urban liberals who are more interested in their views conveying them social status amongst the managerial class than they are about effective policy?
      The front-runners for the presidential nomination are moving away from the charter school movement, and black and Latino families ask why their concerns are lost.

Comment

• The NHL has now become political fodder too. All the coaches are getting me too'd today
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          The NHL has now become political fodder too. All the coaches are getting me too'd today
          ALL of them? Wow. I don't really follow hockey, but that's pretty remarkable. Lol

And here I thought it was just the Calgary coach for using racial slurs ... which of course isn't "Me Too" at all, so I must have missed the others.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

ALL of them? Wow. I don't really follow hockey, but that's pretty remarkable. Lol

And here I thought it was just the Calgary coach for using racial slurs ... which of course isn't "Me Too" at all, so I must have missed the others.
            Babcock for bullying, and the retired most famous coach of all on poppygate.

there will be more. A lot of coaches are huge assholes. Heres come more former players with nothing to lose

Comment

there will be more. A lot of coaches are huge assholes. Heres come more former players with nothing to lose
              So 2 NHL Coaches ... not all of them? Well that's slightly less remarkable... and none of that is even "Me Too" related at all.

I mean, Babcock of course lost his job because he was a shit coach and his team was wildly underperforming.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

So 2 NHL Coaches ... not all of them? Well that's slightly less remarkable... and none of that is even "Me Too" related at all.

I mean, Babcock of course lost his job because he was a shit coach and his team was wildly underperforming.
                Babcock has one more Stanley Cup than the Leafs do in the last 50 years.

Comment

• this guy is so funny. so funny. uses the presidential turkey pardon to mock shifty shiff and the impeachment hearings.

"the turkeys have already been called as witnesses and will be meeting with shiff in his basement tomorrow. unlike the other witnesses so far, these two have actually met me." hahahaha

Comment

Nah, Babcock didn't get fired for bullying. He got fired cause he lost the team and his schtick wore thin. If anyone liked him he may have bought himself more time but even his mom doesn't like Mike Babcock.

The Peters story is different. Aliu was the guy who basically ended hazing in the OHL years ago when he went public, so he definitely isn't shy about speaking his mind and he's long since past his best before date, so he really has nothing to lose. You have to wonder though why he's saying something now, 10 years after the fact. Assuming it's true: What does he want to have happen? What would he like to have achieved out of it? If Peters gets fired, does that help anyone or improve anything? And if he doesn't get fired, what then?

EDIT: Looks like more Peters stuff from Carolina is now coming out... "physical altercations with players". Not looking good.

EDIT 2: And now the Aliu story has been corroborated. Peters is done.
                    Last edited by slaw; Tue Nov 26th, 2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Nah, Babcock didn't get fired for bullying. He got fired cause he lost the team and his schtick wore thin. If anyone liked him he may have bought himself more time but even his mom doesn't like Mike Babcock.

The Peters story is different. Aliu was the guy who basically ended hazing in the OHL years ago when he went public, so he definitely isn't shy about speaking his mind and he's long since past his best before date, so he really has nothing to lose. You have to wonder though why he's saying something now, 10 years after the fact. Assuming it's true: What does he want to have happen? What would he like to have achieved out of it? If Peters gets fired, does that help anyone or improve anything? And if he doesn't get fired, what then?

EDIT: Looks like more Peters stuff from Carolina is now coming out... "physical altercations with players". Not looking good.

Aliu wanted to play back then..The NHL is a very Sgt. Shultz league. See nothing. Say nothing. Follow the code. The code is now being blown up by players who are younger and by and large get paid way more way earlier because of 5he salary cap. You can’t bury guys as easily today. I like that. A lot.

The NHL coaching ranks are not dominated by Mensa candidates...Crude might be a little complimentary to some of them. The leagues is changing though..players exert more power now. The newer breed of coach will less Stalin-like than before. If not..the players will frag him much like a single coaches decision could and did end a dream and a career.

I like that too.

Comment

Peters hasnt been fired yet. The media has been circling all day smelling blood. You can tell treliving doesnt want, he was Brad's first choice to be coach and they're friends. The PR nightmare however will force him to fire him.

as far as babcock, we can go chicken or the egg, but he was indirectly fired for bullying because the fact he is a complete and utter asshole is why he lost the room. There had be rumblings for years but how all the stories are coming out.

Comment

• I don't know how I feel about some of this Me Too stuff (and by the way it has extended to any type of harassment, not just sexual). If someone did something 10 years ago, is it okay to call them out on it now? People can change.

Like the whole Kevin Hart deal with his homophobic remarks in his comedy special.. and apologizing for it years later, only to have it come out again.

If the Calgary coach did say those things and never apologized for it.. well hope he does. I also hope he's a different guy than he was 10 years ago. I think we should allow people to change.

As for being a bully.. seems like that's the stereotypical professional coach. I'm sure Pat Riley and Phil Jackson were assholes too, but nobody cares since they won multiple chips. Same with Pops and Belichick. GOAT coaches, but also assholes.

Comment

• Wicked funny

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I don't know how I feel about some of this Me Too stuff (and by the way it has extended to any type of harassment, not just sexual). If someone did something 10 years ago, is it okay to call them out on it now? People can change.

Like the whole Kevin Hart deal with his homophobic remarks in his comedy special.. and apologizing for it years later, only to have it come out again.

If the Calgary coach did say those things and never apologized for it.. well hope he does. I also hope he's a different guy than he was 10 years ago. I think we should allow people to change.

As for being a bully.. seems like that's the stereotypical professional coach. I'm sure Pat Riley and Phil Jackson were assholes too, but nobody cares since they won multiple chips. Same with Pops and Belichick. GOAT coaches, but also assholes.
                              Coaches especially those of major league pro teams do have to have the personality mix of a tyrant as well as benevolence, I have not yet heard any departure, by the 4 mentioned in the bold, into the very dubious and unacceptable methods (imo) and comments/language used of either Babcock & Peters.

The MeToo era is also replete with all manner of complaints about a range of acts. The only fair approach has to be a case by case investigation and adjudication. Cannot lump everyone into a single basket imo.

I am good with a particular type of asshole ... not all.... depending.

Comment

• quick reminder on the new free speech rules, saying boys are boys will get you banned, but saying you want to have sex with children is now progressive and should be encouraged. remember, children are basically not yet aborted fetuses, and as such should be used in any way you see fit.

"social media giant twitter has amended their terms of service to allow for discussions related to attraction to minors."

Comment

Working...
                                X