Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Do you think Jackson was offended or do you think he laughed at it? I'd guess the latter.

I'm telling you, there's a shortage on forgiveness right now and it's hurting everyone. Everything is the end of the world and we don't want to forgive anyone. This can't last much longer.
    judge not lest....
    let he without sin....
    very simple and great rules to live by

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's all a bit pathetic but the scary thing is that, as I've been saying, Trump won't be the last president. Whether in 2021 or 2025, there will be a new president and life will go on but it won't go back to the way it was. If the next president is a Dem, you can bet at some point he will face a Republican Congress that will be in full-blown impeachment mode from minute one. And then the next Republican president will face the same and so on, until you have a country where you're not sure who will be president when you wake up next week until you have a president who ensures he will be president (maybe for 20 or 30 years). Neither the left nor the Dems have thought through the consequences of their actions, which is terrifying but unsurprising given the US now has the worst political class in its history.
      depending on whether the princelings or the youth leagues take power, they immediately purge the previous group's leadership. often with jail, and execution. zhou yangkong was a very powerful ccp leader, and the most hated leader by the falun gong, he and several others attempted to kill xi before he became god king. this was the impetus for the "fight against corruption" that xi went on the first 4 years of his reign. after he purged and destroyed their leadership he told the chinese they needed an especially strong leader for the future, and made himself king for life.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'm not sure you know any Canadian conservatives. The big brains at ToryHQ hate Trump as do most of the MPs and their teams.

I think there is a subsection of Canadian conservatives (and reactionaries like me) that don't necessarily like Trump but wish that Canadian conservative leaders took on their political opponents the way Trump does instead of constantly caving to the left on every issue hoping to win over the media and white liberal upper-middle class urbanites who will never vote for them anyway.
        A lot of my friends are Canadian conservatives, and none of them are pro-Trump. But that's not what I see online - with one after the other gleefully prostrating themselves and their conservatism at the corrupt, deficit-exploding throne of Trumpism. Case in point - this thread. If you like just one aspect of his approach, then say that - and denounce the rest.

Otherwise, Trumpism is going to stick to Canadian conservatives and stink up your party, as I think it did versus a very beatable opponent in Trudeau - further hindering your ability to win federal elections. Canadian conservatism should be better than that.

Comment

Do you think Jackson was offended or do you think he laughed at it? I'd guess the latter.

I'm telling you, there's a shortage on forgiveness right now and it's hurting everyone. Everything is the end of the world and we don't want to forgive anyone. This can't last much longer.
          Jackson would probably shake his head and move on to the next question.

Its just such a goofy thing to say from an analyst.

Seriously? A read option executed by a black QB is more effective because it’s hard to distinguish the ball from a guys hand ?

Maybe asking him about that on each broadcast for a year would be a more effective rebuke.
          I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Jackson would probably shake his head and move on to the next question.

Its just such a goofy thing to say from an analyst.

Seriously? A read option executed by a black QB is more effective because it’s hard to distinguish the ball from a guys hand ?

Maybe asking him about that on each broadcast for a year would be a more effective rebuke.
            Not to defend what he said but rather to paraphrase what I understand was said because I am not sure you got the whole thing: Jackson wears a black jersey, the ball is dark and his hands are dark and so it's harder to see the ball. That's essentially what the guy said. He made the comment in regards to Jackson's ability on play fakes to fool the defense into thinking he handed it off to the runner.

Do you understand how that play works? For the Packers anyway, when Rodgers does this play he fakes it to his runner, then he tries to shield the ball from the defense's vision and so it's held close to his body. Whether he keeps it or hands it off he does the same motions to keep the defense on their heels to either buy him more time to pass or bootleg or to open lanes for the runner. Either way, it's an effective big gainer type play if executed properly and the defense takes the bait.

Either way, Rodgers doesn't "hold the ball in his hands" out in the open, he obstructs the view of the ball by securing it with his body, his arms and part of that is securing it with his hands. Obviously contrast plays a part in the effectiveness of the play. The Packers play in whites half of the time and greens the other half... Brown stands out on bright white or bright green, I would think. I haven't tested it.
            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Dec 5, 2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Not to defend what he said but rather to paraphrase what I understand was said because I am not sure you got the whole thing: Jackson wears a black jersey, the ball is dark and his hands are dark and so it's harder to see the ball. That's essentially what the guy said. He made the comment in regards to Jackson's ability on play fakes to fool the defense into thinking he handed it off to the runner.

Do you understand how that play works? For the Packers anyway, when Rodgers does this play be fakes it to his runner, than he tries to shield the ball from the defense's vision and so it's held close to his body. Whether he keeps it or hands it off he does the same motions to keep the defense on their heels to either buy him more time to pass or bootleg or to open lanes for the runner. Either way, it's an effective big gainer type play if executed properly and the defense takes the bait.

Either way, the Rodgers doesn't "hold the ball in his hands", he obstructs the view of the ball by securing it with his body, his arms and part of that is securing it with his hands. Obviously contrast plays a part in the effectiveness of the play. The Packers play in whites half of the time and greens the other half... Brown stands out on bright white or bright green, I would think. I haven't tested it.
              Yes I understand how the play works. It’s a read option.
              The QB either hands it off to the tailback if he sees the gap is there or he pulls it back and rolls out with the ball if he thinks he can get outside to the edge. Consider that the players on the defensive side of the ball have seen this play since high school and they have a good idea on what their reads are as well. Who executes better determines if the OC or DC is happier when the whistle blows.

To me its a dumb thing to say that black hands rather than white ones are a determine factor.

Anyway ..this one is beat to death.

Firing is overkill and I am wrong about that.
              But making him wear it on the air one more time is probably good enough.

My Bills Get Jackson this week. Can’t wait.

I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

Comment

• This is 2019. Him referencing race at all possibly got him death threats. Like I said earlier, this is not a friendly time online at least. He learned a lesson though, one he shouldn't have had to learn the hard way. No one else is making such... Analysis. He's not exactly the next John Madden.

Comment

• Roger Stone’s supporters are making a pardon pitch everywhere President Donald Trump looks: Fox News, InfoWars, Twitter, even the White House driveway.

Michael Flynn abruptly hired a bombastic lawyer who spouts Trump-friendly theories about FBI duplicity that are widely seen as a pardon play.

Paul Manafort has kept himself on Trump’s radar from behind bars in a federal penitentiary by feeding the president’s personal attorney a conspiracy theory that Ukraine, and not Russia, interfered in the 2016 campaign.

In any other administration, and in any other time, it’d be shocking to consider that three men with such deep personal ties to the president might get their legal troubles expunged in an election year — not to mention from a president facing impeachment proceedings.

But this is not any other administration.

The clemency calculations come because Stone, Flynn and Manafort — all former Trump campaign aides — know the president has repeatedly proven willing to trample over his own advisers despite warnings of political consequences. Most recently, Trump cleared the records of three armed services members accused or convicted of war crimes over the objections of several of his top military brass.

“Like everything else with this president, you can’t look to history for precedent,” said a person who previously worked for President Trump. “If he felt Manafort and Flynn and others were deserving of pardons, he’d just do it.”
                  https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...p-aides-078480

I think he'll do it because I think they all undoubtedly have dirt on Trump. He colors outside the lines here and there, come on.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...p-aides-078480
                    I think he'll do it because I think they all undoubtedly have dirt on Trump. He colors outside the lines here and there, come on.
                    “Like everything else with this president, you can’t look to history for precedent,” said a person who previously worked for President Trump. “If he felt Manafort and Flynn and others were deserving of pardons, he’d just do it.”

it's almost like he isn't a life long bureaucrat who has to grease every wheel on the way up, and he can just do what he thinks is best. he doesn't answer to the major generals, or the head of the fbi, or the cia, he answers to the american people, and they will vote for him again.

i don't care about pardons, if, like the england knife guy, we find out that one of the pardons ends up being a convicted terrorist that goes on and commits another act of terrorism i would care about the pardons.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      it's almost like he isn't a life long bureaucrat who has to grease every wheel on the way up, and he can just do what he thinks is best. he doesn't answer to the major generals, or the head of the fbi, or the cia, he answers to the american people, and they will vote for him again.

i don't care about pardons, if, like the england knife guy, we find out that one of the pardons ends up being a convicted terrorist that goes on and commits another act of terrorism i would care about the pardons.
                      Do you think the American people want to see phony crooks get pardons? I don't think they want that but I don't have any evidence. Its just a gut feeling.

Comment

Do you think the American people want to see phony crooks get pardons? I don't think they want that but I don't have any evidence. Its just a gut feeling.
                        i think the people that care aren't voting for trump anyway. they will try and blow this up, and pretend they care to try and throw shade "we care now, now we care", but the curtain is drawn and we know that it is all lies, so the people that used to think "i don't want to be offensive" won't care anymore either. i think as far as importance goes for voting reasons, this is very low.

there is a reason why we teach our kids about the boy who cried wolf. i think the only thing that can stop trump 2020 now is a market collapse. highest numbers ever across the board of any ism you want to gauge. people like money, and they like their own money most.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

i think the people that care aren't voting for trump anyway. they will try and blow this up, and pretend they care to try and throw shade "we care now, now we care", but the curtain is drawn and we know that it is all lies, so the people that used to think "i don't want to be offensive" won't care anymore either. i think as far as importance goes for voting reasons, this is very low.

there is a reason why we teach our kids about the boy who cried wolf. i think the only thing that can stop trump 2020 now is a market collapse. highest numbers ever across the board of any ism you want to gauge. people like money, and they like their own money most.
                          But Trump promised to drain the swamp. He's doing the opposite, he's filling it. The way things are going a lot more people won't be voting Trump. I think most people do care that Trump's close friends are convicted criminals and may get pardoned by him. Integrity may not be in abundance in Washington but its still a highly desired commodity.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 9, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• "The ends justifies the means". Words spoken before every historical man made horror ever. The law and fair enforcement of it means everything to free and just civilized society.

Comment

But Trump promised to drain the swamp. He's doing the opposite, he's filling it. The way things are going a lot more people won't be voting Trump. I think most people do care that Trump's close friends are convicted criminals and may get pardoned by him. Integrity may not be in abundance in Washington but is its still a highly desired commodity.
                              if it wasn't filled with all the other bullshit i would agree. what they did to kavanaugh was so disgusting that anyone targeted by the investigations that gets a pardon will be celebrated as a martyr.

Comment

• lying shiff the cowardly lion stands behind his own work so much he cowardly sends a brave staffer to answer his questions while lying shiff cowers in a coward's hole.

trust him though, all the evidence is hearsay which is better than first hand knowledge, as we have learned in this ever so serious endeavor.

Comment

Working...
                                X