• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the OG politics thread?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

productive commentary.

As long as Scheer stands on stage beside actual racists and bigots at rallys, it's hard to see how he can take advantage of this. Trudeau fucked up but the pandering from the right wing is more to do with scoring political points than actual outrage.
      Its actually quite easy to see how he can/will capitalize on this. Those images are over the top and the last one, the video, will be turned into GIFs and meme'd from now to eternity. What you said about Sheer is nullified by this completely over the top brazen foolishness. I'm sure Sheer feels a lot better being branded a racist with Trudeau riding shotgun.

Comment

• Really terrible judgement call from the PM. But that's never really been a surprise. His judgement has been off quite a bit since he's been PM. He'll still be the PM in 2020 though.

I'm "brown faced" and frankly I find it rather funny.. I'm not at all offended by it. But people can get offended for a variety of different reasons these days.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Really terrible judgement call from the PM. But that's never really been a surprise. His judgement has been off quite a bit since he's been PM. He'll still be the PM in 2020 though.

I'm "brown faced" and frankly I find it rather funny.. I'm not at all offended by it. But people can get offended for a variety of different reasons these days.
          Prior to the trifecta of hypocrisy that was released in the last 24 hours:
          The latest numbers, released on Wednesday, put the Conservatives ahead at 37.2 per cent ballot support with the Liberals at 35.5. The NDP came in at 13.6, the Green Party at 7.0, the Bloc Quebecois at 4.0 and the People’s Party of Canada at 1.7.
          https://election.ctvnews.ca/conserva...anos-1.4598495

The question is who leaked it and how long were they struggling to sit on this until the perfect time to drop the political payload? There's no way that this was random.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Oh, and a third one. Lol. Ah, this is so fantastic. Come Mister Trudeau man tally me my woke points. Election time come and Justin go back to Papineau

Oh, you’ll have to excuse me. I speak jive.
            Imagine being black and brown face so many times you tried to admit to all of them and still forgot at least one.

I've never met anyone personally who painted themselves a different skin for a costume. It seems to be this weird thing that powerful people do, theres a long history if politicians and celebrities doing it before it became the unacceptable thing it is now.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Prior to the trifecta of hypocrisy that was released in the last 24 hours:
              https://election.ctvnews.ca/conserva...anos-1.4598495

The question is who leaked it and how long were they struggling to sit on this until the perfect time to drop the political payload? There's no way that this was random.
              Yeah its neck and neck in the CBC poll too:
              https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elec...racker/canada/

But I think the Liberals will win more seats.. and that's what really matters. It's more about your MP than your PM when votes are casted.

Comment

Its actually quite easy to see how he can/will capitalize on this. Those images are over the top and the last one, the video, will be turned into GIFs and meme'd from now to eternity. What you said about Sheer is nullified by this completely over the top brazen foolishness. I'm sure Sheer feels a lot better being branded a racist with Trudeau riding shotgun.
                he even went black hands. i know how mr. dressup gets into character, there is a good to great chance his entire body is painted black.

Comment

But I think the Liberals will win more seats.. and that's what really matters. It's more about your MP than your PM when votes are casted.
                  In what sense? The way people vote? Cause I couldnt disagree more. In most ridings, 90% of people dont lick about their MP and when election time comes you're either voting for a party or a leader.

I do agree however that winning most seats is what matters, and unfortunately the seats per population are over represented in Quebec, and the maritimes. Alberta is under represented. Shocker.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

he even went black hands. i know how mr. dressup gets into character, there is a good to great chance his entire body is painted black.
                    I mean, you cant just go black face and look down and see your ugly white hands and arms.

he probably paints his genitals too

Comment

I disagree. I think you should reflect a little more on the context around the Liberal wave of the last election. People were tired of the Conservative party because of Harper. He simply didn't give a shit in that last term when it came to trying to keep everyone happy enough or enough people happy. At the same time the Liberals rolled out their new mascot "Pierre 2.0" and told a mythical tale of him being mentored to be Prime Minister since in the womb and so he didn't need actual real life political experience or even a small taste of adversity prior to entering one of the most difficult jobs imaginable. Many bit hook, line... And sinker. So the Liberal rebound was due to the PM and yet this time around they don't have that going for them but rather they must combat the taint of all Trudeau's fumbles/bumbles of the past year or so. Things have changed considerably since then but should he squeak in it will be barely and he'll need either Sheer or this man to play ball:

Best case for Trudeau is he gets another term and accomplishes nothing.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Where is the OG politics thread?

My guess is Apollo deleted it by accident ... wouldn't be the first time. Haha Kidding, Kidding.

Comment

• peoplekind king makes it to tim pool.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

My guess is Apollo deleted it by accident ... wouldn't be the first time. Haha Kidding, Kidding.
                            I learned my lesson with the dynasty thread.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

productive commentary.

As long as Scheer stands on stage beside actual racists and bigots at rallys, it's hard to see how he can take advantage of this. Trudeau fucked up but the pandering from the right wing is more to do with scoring political points than actual outrage.

Comment

I learned my lesson with the dynasty thread.
                                Well the first Politics thread was deleted long before the Dynasty thread, so that may still be the case. Lol
                                Bendit pointed it out and asked Doc about it like 2-3 weeks after the site change over.

Comment

Working...
                                X