Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Politics II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sheer wasn't even influential enough to win a gift wrapped election.

    Comment


    • Apollo wrote: View Post
      Sheer wasn't even influential enough to win a gift wrapped election.
      tried the romney. romney lost to liars too. i blame quebec more than sheer. quebec saw an opportunity to steal from the rest of the county on the condition that trudy steals from the rest and gives it to them for their support. i understand self interest.

      Comment


      • Miekenstien wrote: View Post

        tried the romney. romney lost to liars too. i blame quebec more than sheer. quebec saw an opportunity to steal from the rest of the county on the condition that trudy steals from the rest and gives it to them for their support. i understand self interest.
        Sheer is a proven liar as well. The pool of candidates for Primer Minister wasn't too great last election.

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post
          Sheer is a proven liar as well. The pool of candidates for Primer Minister wasn't too great last election.
          maxime and equality sounded pretty good, better than tyranny and communism. every politician is a liar. sheer hasn't been in the capacity to tell the lies that should get people kicked out of office.

          i think only sheer and maxime said how they would help canadians. the rest was borrow borrow borrow, and then you'll be rich. we needed government intervention to create laws that stop people from borrowing beyond what they can pay back, should have that on the government as well.

          anyone remember what started the american seperation from england? was it because they really enjoyed sending all their money to england and having 0 say in how the money was spent?

          i voted sheer just to get rid of captain racist credibly accused rapist justin, and quebec voted against canada. another try in 4 years, because jagmeet and trudy are the same and will agree on everything to stop canada from improving.

          Comment


          • Bendit wrote: View Post

            Whine, Rinse, Whine. Choices have to be made about the kind of country we want to be.... and the path there. We disagree. Not new.

            In the meantime ...

            https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...-job-creation/
            As long as Ontario is doing well, that's all that matters for Bendit. I know what kind of country you want and I know exactly how much you and your fellow travelers care about people you disagree with. And that's why I want out.....

            Comment


            • Apollo wrote: View Post

              You and Slaw were in an uproar because he hadn't immediately done exactly what he now has done. Now that its done you're unhappy with that because you don't have all the information about the what, the when and the how. Last week taught us that things are happening off camera and we might want to sit tight before finger pointing and criticizing. We all know that dealing with the Iranians is a highly volatile situation and again, I don't blame him and his government for taking their time with this and proceeding carefully. In fact I am glad they're being careful and guarded about this. They have no duty to us to telegraph what will come, this is a national security matter.
              None of this is true. What I wanted was a hardline against the murderers in Tehran and that has not happened, including this government's failure to back the Iranian protestors and Trudeau's recent blather that blamed not the Ayatollahs but "escalating tensions in the region". His response was and is weak and it's even been noted by the Canadian media, which is basically the Liberals PR firm. What you characterize as caution was simply incompetence in the face of events and the recalibration in recent days was anything but principled but only occurred once they realized how tone-deaf their initial response was and, even then, it is still milquetoast.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post

                None of this is true. What I wanted was a hardline against the murderers in Tehran and that has not happened, including this government's failure to back the Iranian protestors and Trudeau's recent blather that blamed not the Ayatollahs but "escalating tensions in the region". His response was and is weak and it's even been noted by the Canadian media, which is basically the Liberals PR firm. What you characterize as caution was simply incompetence in the face of events and the recalibration in recent days was anything but principled but only occurred once they realized how tone-deaf their initial response was and, even then, it is still milquetoast.
                And you think Scheer would have done better? Still trying to get an answer to this.

                Comment


                • Joey wrote: View Post

                  And you think Scheer would have done better? Still trying to get an answer to this.
                  We will never know because Scheer lost the election.
                  What we do know is that Trudeau is playing both sides of the issue at hand. He is demanding answers from Tehran on why they coldbloodedly shot down a very visible commercial airplane while trying to appease his base by hinting that the Americans, not all Americans but one specific one, is ultimately to blame for the planes demise.

                  This two faced stance has opened him up to criticism from a wide swath of the public in Canada on exactly WTF he is doing. He looks vapid in the eyes of the US and a good chunk of Canada as well for hinting it was the Americans who are ultimately at fault and he is no closer to getting answers from Iran. We have levied no sanctions or frozen any and all Iranian state or personal assets. We have no military option at all. Pick a swim lane Mr. PM.

                  Once again, after a great start on handling this crisis, Skippy has stepped on his dick.

                  Comment


                  • https://ca.style.yahoo.com/meghan-ma...122339689.html

                    railing against this is my new thing. we don't want harry and maeghan coming over here, and just being royals in canada. fuck off. we don't want photo shoots, and we don't want to pay for your shit.

                    will harry and maeghan be paying tax on properties worth more than 100k outside of canada?

                    how these two are treated in canada should be discussed by canadians.

                    right now, very early, it seems feminist maeghan wants to come and be a princess here in canada so we can love her.

                    Comment


                    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                      We will never know because Scheer lost the election.
                      What we do know is that Trudeau is playing both sides of the issue at hand. He is demanding answers from Tehran on why they coldbloodedly shot down a very visible commercial airplane while trying to appease his base by hinting that the Americans, not all Americans but one specific one, is ultimately to blame for the planes demise.

                      This two faced stance has opened him up to criticism from a wide swath of the public in Canada on exactly WTF he is doing. He looks vapid in the eyes of the US and a good chunk of Canada as well for hinting it was the Americans who are ultimately at fault and he is no closer to getting answers from Iran. We have levied no sanctions or frozen any and all Iranian state or personal assets. We have no military option at all. Pick a swim lane Mr. PM.

                      Once again, after a great start on handling this crisis, Skippy has stepped on his dick.
                      i agree. i was thinking about the two facedness, especially after hinting that trump was responsible. trudeau harbors, funds, and protects terrorists that kill american citizens, what did he expect trump to do? and second, all of the canadians that support the ayatollah's stance and vision of the world vote trudeau. his voters shot down that plane, and we know how trudy is with his friends.


                      Edit add: I read Iran doesn't honor dual citizenship. The dead were just Iranians to them, and they were within their royal rights to murder them.
                      Last edited by Miekenstien; Wed Jan 15th, 2020, 09:54 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                        We will never know because Scheer lost the election.
                        What we do know is that Trudeau is playing both sides of the issue at hand. He is demanding answers from Tehran on why they coldbloodedly shot down a very visible commercial airplane while trying to appease his base by hinting that the Americans, not all Americans but one specific one, is ultimately to blame for the planes demise.

                        This two faced stance has opened him up to criticism from a wide swath of the public in Canada on exactly WTF he is doing. He looks vapid in the eyes of the US and a good chunk of Canada as well for hinting it was the Americans who are ultimately at fault and he is no closer to getting answers from Iran. We have levied no sanctions or frozen any and all Iranian state or personal assets. We have no military option at all. Pick a swim lane Mr. PM.

                        Once again, after a great start on handling this crisis, Skippy has stepped on his dick.
                        Somewhere within this lengthy non-answer, is an actual answer to my question - you know that Scheer would not have done any better.

                        Another question for you: Is Trudeau wrong in saying that this absolutely would not have happened if not for the escalated circumstances in the area? I know the answer, of course, just want to hear you say it ... "Of course he's not wrong".

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post

                          As long as Ontario is doing well, that's all that matters for Bendit. I know what kind of country you want and I know exactly how much you and your fellow travelers care about people you disagree with. And that's why I want out.....
                          My general philosophy and political beliefs will never permit what you suggest I am. It would be antithetical and hypocritical. For someone who places exclusion and material well being above most else I can see where such deflection and projection can come naturally.

                          Comment


                          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                            He is demanding answers from Tehran on why they coldbloodedly shot down a very visible commercial airplane while trying to appease his base by hinting that the Americans, not all Americans but one specific one, is ultimately to blame for the planes demise.

                            Skippy has stepped on his dick.
                            This is crazy talk. You actually believe the Iranians purposely targeted a commercial airliner with mostly Iranians (or of heritage) on board? To what end?
                            As Joey and JT suggested this was fallout from what seems like an absolutely unnecessary drone killing of a senior member of the Iranian govt. (and was reported to have been authorised 7 months ago).... probably because Suleiman called Trump a buffoon or words to that in a speech. What has resulted from this killing except more and other unintended consequences yet to show.

                            Comment


                            • Joey wrote: View Post

                              And you think Scheer would have done better? Still trying to get an answer to this.
                              No. Scheer is as useless as Trudeau.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone who says the increasing conflict between America(Trump) and Iran had NOTHING to do with this plane is lying to themselves. Iran was on high alert because Trump threatened to bomb 52 sites in their country, after killing their second in command. That's no excuse for what happened but Trump was an instigator and to deny that is to ignore current events and to ignore their history in the middle east completely. He promised to exit the Middle East and reallocate those fund domestically (because he said it was a mess and a waste of money) but instead he's increased troop totals in the Middle East. He's been less effective in the middle east than Obama, playing the role of arsonist and firefighter. A boondoggle.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X