No announcement yet.

Everything Politics II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super scary, god king was also not seen for near a month. the people actually called out the government for rewriting the dead doctor into not being not a friend, and always a friend of the people.

Comment

• Curious that there are a lot of fair haired, even fairer skinned blue eyed native Wet’su Weten protestors out today protecting their ancestral land at Yonge and Eglington today. It’s legit though as they have 1/512 Indian blood in them on the Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren scale.

The liberal crowd at Global, CTV and CBC eat that shit up like smarties.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 11th, 2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• https://ca.news.yahoo.com/quebec-fed...230516636.html
        "Quebec Premier François Legault is turning up the heat on Ottawa, insisting the federal government put an end to nationwide Wet'suwet'en solidarity protests that have paralyzed key passenger and freight rail service in the Montreal region.
        "We are going to try to do everything in the next few days to resolve the problem without any muscular intervention," Legault said Wednesday, again insisting the federal government must arbitrate the dispute."

isn't "everybody disperse or you will be dispersed by the police" as peaceful as needed? i would like arrests and jail, maybe even terrorism charges against the bridge destroyers. legeault is hoping that the feds use other other people's money so quebec can do nothing, and take more of other people's money.

Comment

• A North Korean official has reportedly been executed after breaching the country's strict rules surrounding coronavirus.
          https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...virus-21488604

Comment

• the border with china was closed, seems too late. and north korea missed a military parade.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Curious that there are a lot of fair haired, even fairer skinned blue eyed native Wet’su Weten protestors out today protecting their ancestral land at Yonge and Eglington today. It’s legit though as they have 1/512 Indian blood in them on the Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren scale.

The liberal crowd at Global, CTV and CBC eat that shit up like smarties.
              We have no rule of law left in this country. It's been coming for awhile but we've officially arrived at the point where the authorities are now blatantly disregarding the law for people who have the correct politics and/or skin color. You expect it from the Liberals becuase they agree with the protestors and have been weaponizing them on behalf of their policies for some time but the BC government is powerless and Ford has done nothing in Ontario. It's beyond partisanship and to the point where our elected officials are afraid to enforce the law.

Secession looks better and better by the day.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We have no rule of law left in this country. It's been coming for awhile but we've officially arrived at the point where the authorities are now blatantly disregarding the law for people who have the correct politics and/or skin color. You expect it from the Liberals becuase they agree with the protestors and have been weaponizing them on behalf of their policies for some time but the BC government is powerless and Ford has done nothing in Ontario. It's beyond partisanship and to the point where our elected officials are afraid to enforce the law.

Secession looks less and less feasible by the day.
                Fixed that for you. What makes you think Alberta will have an easier time getting pipelines built when they are no longer even at the table of discussion?

Not going to happen my man.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Fixed that for you. What makes you think Alberta will have an easier time getting pipelines built when they are no longer even at the table of discussion?

Not going to happen my man.
                  Can't get any built now. At least then, we can cut deals with the Americans which we can't do now. IN fact, I think a massive US air force base right on the border with BC makes great sense. Also, if BC can't get through Alberta's border then I'm not sure why shippers would ship anything there - may as well send it south. Wonder if BC and Canada cares about those ports? Also, not sure where BC will get it's oil and gas from. Russia? So, there'd be incentives on both sides to play ball.

I do agree it's not likely to happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Can't get any built now. At least then, we can cut deals with the Americans which we can't do now. IN fact, I think a massive US air force base right on the border with BC makes great sense. Also, if BC can't get through Alberta's border then I'm not sure why shippers would ship anything there - may as well send it south. Wonder if BC and Canada cares about those ports? Also, not sure where BC will get it's oil and gas from. Russia? So, there'd be incentives on both sides to play ball.

I do agree it's not likely to happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
                    This feels alot like "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" ... I don't get the feeling any of this is actually better for Alberta, or will make Alberta better off. Just don't see it.

Comment

This feels alot like "Cutting off the nose to spite the face" ... I don't get the feeling any of this is actually better for Alberta, or will make Alberta better off. Just don't see it.
                      However you live and still work in Ontario and are largely unaffected by these ad hoc decisions.
                      So far anyways. If the rail lines stay closed for another couple of weeks watch for prices to rise and manufacturing to consider cyclical layoffs till materials start to come into inventory.

We have been over this a few times.

What if the Liberal cabinet suddenly found climate religion against those big 5 usurious money changers at their temples at Bay and King or determined that the downstream CO2 affects of those nasty dirty auto and auto parts manufacturers were to much for the climate to bear and deemed them to be enemies of the climate as well. What if Ottawa then spent time keeping legislation moving side to side with the end goal of forcing them out of town. You just might be of a different view as 200 hundred thousand plus jobs just went away. You think Ford is being a hard ass now. What would he he be railroaded into without the corporate and individual income taxes that suddenly went poof. The ladies who lunch would be even more appalled than they are today.

Its the double standard that is the most breathtaking aspect of Skippys juanta though. Team Skipster approved via cabinet a gigundo new cement plant that emits more CO2 than the proposed Teck oilsands project in the last 18 or so months without reservation. They have yet to make a comment on the Irvings (good liberal donors) announcement that they are welshing on their emmissions commitments at their refineries this year.

And here we all sit... getting lectured by folks who have a few box plants on their condo balconies as environmentalists non pareil as the countries economy nears stall speed.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 13th, 2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

If a federal Tory government said we're phasing out the financial services sector from Toronto and just using the banks in the US instead, so, good luck Toronto should have diversified your economy, then you'd understand better....

Comment

• I actually think AB would be better off as part of America. It would be economically thriving right now.

Trudeau with his actions is basically saying he doesn't need Alberta in his vision of Canada<--- This is what those who live in Alberta think more and more.

Comment

• I mean, just look at what is happening in Canada right now. BC MLA's were physically blocked from entering the legislature (this is a crime) while police watched and negotiated for their own entry. CN and VIA are effectively shut down by blockades (a crime), which, keep in mind, are an act of war if done to another country. Nothing is done. Ports are blocked (a crime). Nothing is done. Chaos reigns. And no one cares. Horgan is silent. Ford is silent. Trudeau is pre-occupied with some quixotic quest to get a temporary, meaningless UN seat. Scott Moe calls for an end to all of it while he sits on his hands as union thugs do the exact same thing in SK. He's as much of a coward as the rest.

I defy anyone to explain to me how this is all objectively good for the country and its citizens.

Comment

• Get the boys home Trump, it's what you were elected to do.
                              MUNICH (AP) — A senior U.S. official said Friday the United States and the Taliban have reached a truce agreement that will take effect “very soon” and could lead to withdrawals of American troops...

Comment

• Well in that case he hasn't been doing what he's been elected to do seeing how the troop total in the middle east has risen under his watch...

Comment

Working...
                                X