X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    LOL. Dean of Netflix and PS5 maybe.

No one in the world gives a shit what Trudeau says or thinks other than the Canadian media (who love him) and the ~35% of Canadians who vote for him. Everyone else knows he's a buffoon. The fact he became PM shows you what a joke this country is.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    The self appointed elder statesman of the G7..

Justin "The Dean" Trudeau.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Someone seems to be signalling its over as well.
    Science baby.
    The Science.

And... with a million doses of AZ in inventory in Ontario.. the MOH has green lit second doses of AZ to 8 week interval..
    My call is coming this week or next.....I am giddy.
    Ontario is putting out 200K injections a day now... we could be at 50% of the province fully vaccinated before the end of the NBA playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Glad to hear you got your shot and you did well with it. Hopefully we're all fully vaccinated in the next couple months and things can mostly go back to normal. I took my family to the movie theatre on the weekend for the first time in like a year and a half. That was pretty cool even if it felt like a ghost town.

We should all be grateful that we're so close despite all the missteps by those in power. We're lucky we're Canadian, because there are places that have little hope of being vaccinated any time soon.
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jun 7, 2021, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

i hope you're feeling well now, Slaw.

No, I moved out east a few years ago. I got Pfizer, luckily. Very minor post vaccine symptoms and the past few nights I was a little more tied than usual.

I think they should be very careful with the people the pushed the AZ onto. Let science give the directions instead of politics/optics.
    yeah, NS stopped giving people AZ for a while, so surprising to see another province pushing it. I had my Pfizer on May 28th and had zero symptoms except the spot on the arm was sore to touch for a day, but my wife felt crumby the entire weekend, despite getting the same shot at the same time. I purposely got the shot in my left arm, despite being left handed, because I had a PC gaming session with my buddies set for that night, and didn't want to mess up my mouse hand, so maybe I had less symptoms because it was my stronger arm.

Also, kinda funny for the bold to be in the "politics" thread lol, but I guess that's where the traffic goes.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Are you still in Alberta? They pushed hard for people to get the AZ shot, so my wife and I signed up day one and then like a week later they were giving the Pfizer and Moderna shots to people younger than us. Day after I was so sick I had to crawl up the stairs to bed. Now, they are pushing the Pfizer for the second shot and we are thinking we are going to hold off until there is some more certainty cause this is fucking ridiculous - every week the guidance changes based on what is politically expedient for Kenney.
    i hope you're feeling well now, Slaw.

No, I moved out east a few years ago. I got Pfizer, luckily. Very minor post vaccine symptoms and the past few nights I was a little more tied than usual.

I think they should be very careful with the people the pushed the AZ onto. Let science give the directions instead of politics/optics.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

I'm hearing my appointment might get moved up a month and so that puts me in late August.

And I agree, its the first needle I ever had that I enjoyed. I hope you get your second soon!

It sounds like a booster one year out from the second dose, plus yearly seasonal doses is where this is heading though.
    Are you still in Alberta? They pushed hard for people to get the AZ shot, so my wife and I signed up day one and then like a week later they were giving the Pfizer and Moderna shots to people younger than us. Day after I was so sick I had to crawl up the stairs to bed. Now, they are pushing the Pfizer for the second shot and we are thinking we are going to hold off until there is some more certainty cause this is fucking ridiculous - every week the guidance changes based on what is politically expedient for Kenney.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Should be shorter... There is a glut of vaccines available in WW distribution now.
    Ontario is moving dates forward....Hope you get yours sooner rather than later.
    I await "the call" from the Ontario MOH for my second shot.
    The first shot was liberating. The second completes our get out of jail free card.
    I'm hearing my appointment might get moved up a month and so that puts me in late August.

And I agree, its the first needle I ever had that I enjoyed. I hope you get your second soon!

It sounds like a booster one year out from the second dose, plus yearly seasonal doses is where this is heading though.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied

Should be shorter... There is a glut of vaccines available in WW distribution now.
    The first shot was liberating. The second completes our get out of jail free card.
    You hope.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Finally received my first dose of vaccine yesterday. Next dose isn't scheduled until late September. Quite the lengthy wait.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jun 3, 2021, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Finally received my first dose of vaccine yesterday. Next dose isn't scheduled until late September. Quite the lengthy wait.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

Only if that is the only thing he does. The tweet from Trudeau itself is fine, if that is all he does, then that is a problem.
    Its his go to move.
    Apply the theory to any singular issue he faces.

Fresh water or even 3rd world level medical infra on reserves.
    Not so much eh.
    He apologies. Sincerely.

Slaming the door shut on borders as the pandemic geared up.
    Border closures were racist and stigmatizing.
    Then again maybe not.
    He apologies.

Pretty serious errors in judgment with the BurgerBoyz and their WE charity scam.
    He whacks Morneau.
    No one told him that this looked bad.
    And.. he aplogizes.

He got caught influence peddling for SNC inside the judicial process by his own AG and MOJ.
    He fires her and says that he was saving 9000 jobs that weren't at risk.
    No apology though.

The "stack overlaod shut down program" moment when asked about Trumps actions on some issue of the day and he said nothing for 30 seconds.
    Does nothing. Means nothing.
    Tries to signal to his base he is serious and progressive.

Agrees with a royal commission report that Canada is a genocidal nation.
    Looks and sounds serious.
    When asked to vote on Chinas genocide on Ugyhrs.. He abstains his vote on a free vote in parliament.

Gilmore I believe has made a credible assesment...with an incredibly long list of citations to support his theory.
    Trudeau is as authoritarian as Stephen Harper ever was. Perhaps moreso. Just no where near as clever outside of his ability to exploit any situation for a photo op or an apology. I hope the countrys dalliance with this fop is coming to a close as its harder and harder to ignore that there isn't much substance behind this well coiffed mannequin. .
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 2, 2021, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Withering. It cuts to the core of this empty suit.

Only if that is the only thing he does. The tweet from Trudeau itself is fine, if that is all he does, then that is a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Withering. It cuts to the core of this empty suit.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Everything is fine. Dog Money to the moon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X