Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Now, over the weekend, Varadkar (Ireland), Tory (Toronto) and the Johnson aide have all broke the rules they set for others. They all should resign and these stupid rules that have no scientific basis whatsoever should be lifted immediately.

    Meanwhile, Trudeau is still hiding in his house playing PS4 and watching Netflix while the House of Commons is still doing phone calls. What a fucking joke this is now. Open it all up.

    Comment




    • If they go 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13, etc.. Raptors (3) play the Grizzlies (14) in the first round. And the winner of Denver (6) and Indiana (11) in the second round.



      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post


        If they go 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13, etc.. Raptors (3) play the Grizzlies (14) in the first round. And the winner of Denver (6) and Indiana (11) in the second round.


        That sounds a lot easier for us. And maybe somehow we draw the clips in the 3rd round? I'd take clips over bucks I think
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

          That sounds a lot easier for us. And maybe somehow we draw the clips in the 3rd round? I'd take clips over bucks I think
          No, the Clippers would be in the finals as they are in the Bucks bracket if we face them.


          Here is what the full potential bracket looks like:



          Assuming all favored teams win our path to the finals would be: Grizzlies, Nuggets, Lakers, Bucks

          Comment


          • I can’t tell whether Memphis-Denver-Lakers would be an easier or harder path to the Finals than Brooklyn-Boston-Milwaukee
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

            Comment


            • I like the potential idea of facing and beating Lebron. One of Masai's demon's I'm sure.

              Comment


              • 007 wrote: View Post
                I can’t tell whether Memphis-Denver-Lakers would be an easier or harder path to the Finals than Brooklyn-Boston-Milwaukee
                Memphis is better than Brooklyn assuming KD doesn't play.
                Boston is probably better than Denver but not by much. Boston will be a tough out. Denver won't have a home court advantage either.
                Bucks would be tougher than the Lakers. But the Lakers have Lebron.

                I say the old East schedule is probably harder than the Mixed schedule. Not by much though.

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post

                  Memphis is better than Brooklyn assuming KD doesn't play.
                  Boston is probably better than Denver but not by much. Boston will be a tough out. Denver won't have a home court advantage either.
                  Bucks would be tougher than the Lakers. But the Lakers have Lebron.

                  I say the old East schedule is probably harder than the Mixed schedule. Not by much though.
                  yeah i think the path to the "conference finals" is easier (especially if we don't even have to play games in denver? maybe even indy would beat them without their home-court advantage), but i'd rather play the bucks to reach the finals than the lakers.

                  i like that boston and philly match up right away. philly had a pretty disastrous year but went 3-1 against boston and are a bad matchup for them with their size.
                  Last edited by chris; Mon May 25, 2020, 03:24 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I think id take the Regular East format if we would get Lakers in the 3rd round. I think out of Lakers, Bucks and Clips our best finals match up would be Clips. I would rather deal with the bucks in 3rd round we have the mental edge and matchup better with giannis defensively then vs Bron and AD. And let the clips and lakers battle it out.I think we beat both boston and denver in a close hard fought battle but i want to finally have a series win vs the celtics after all these years.
                    Crazy if we go straight to playoffs and go with original standings both Marc and JV will have to wait a whole year to play the former teams
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • There are three juggernauts: Bucks, Lakers, Clippers.. and either way we'd most likely have to face 2/3 of them to win a chip... and at least one to get to the finals. So the schedule change won't affect that.

                      We solved the Bucks puzzle last year but we had Kawhi. There is a good chance that if we beat the Bucks, Giannis won't come to Toronto. It would be like KD joining the team that beat him. It didn't look good on him. And it wouldn't look good on Giannis. Losing to Giannis wouldn't sting as bad as losing to Kawhi or Lebron (again).

                      Lebronto is a thing. But we have such a good team now. I just would love to beat him one time.. and if we don't, it'll be a sh!tty feeling. But I just like the idea of beating him once, and this would be a great time to do it. I hate Laker fans as much as Celtic cans. So beating them would be so much fun. But outside of Lebron and AD their roster is kind of weak. Our bigs would negate their bigs. On paper they don't have a strong defensive team either. And we've beaten LA how many times in a row now? Our guys get up to play against LA.

                      Clippers have so many weapons including Kawhi. We sort of solved Kawhi in the regular season, but guys like Lou and Harrell killed us. I don't want to see Kawhi beat us. That would really hurt.. more than losing to the other two teams. Would love to beat him, but would absolutely hate to lose to him. Of the three teams, this is the team I would want to avoid. Just don't feel good about the match up at all.

                      So honestly to me it doesn't matter which way they go. I like the idea of seeing some potential match ups like the Heat/Thunder or Pacers/Nuggets. So just as an NBA fan some of those match ups look more intriguing than the same old, same old.

                      Comment


                      • Clippers have a very difficult draw if this holds true.

                        Comment


                        • slaw wrote: View Post
                          Calgary is back in business, er, sort of. Got my seat set for the local watering hole at 11:00am sharp.... Didn't think I would need a reservation but thought I better make sure. Yep, sitting at the bar cause they are full up. Went in to the office this morning early to drop off something - elevator line-up. People are getting back about their lives.
                          At my office, they have little signs outside the elevator asking people ot social distance and another showing a picture to "limit the occupants" of said elevators. The picture shows two people as far apart as possible in the elevator.

                          There's going to be some jumbo ass lineups in the Bay Street office towers....

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post


                            If they go 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13, etc.. Raptors (3) play the Grizzlies (14) in the first round. And the winner of Denver (6) and Indiana (11) in the second round.


                            Revenge of JV? Would be fun seeing him go at it with Serge

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post

                              No, the Clippers would be in the finals as they are in the Bucks bracket if we face them.


                              Here is what the full potential bracket looks like:



                              Assuming all favored teams win our path to the finals would be: Grizzlies, Nuggets, Lakers, Bucks
                              So a Raptor/Bucks finals? NBA would love it....not

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                                At my office, they have little signs outside the elevator asking people ot social distance and another showing a picture to "limit the occupants" of said elevators. The picture shows two people as far apart as possible in the elevator.

                                There's going to be some jumbo ass lineups in the Bay Street office towers....
                                We are four people per elevator at our office, which will be slow but work if they run all six elevators in our hall and not the usual 2 or 3, so they can win some made-up green building award.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X