Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post

    That's not how a constitution works. You can't pick and choose. You're all in.
    I've always found the sacred constitution to be a laughingstock. A bunch of ruthless slave owners talking about all men are equal lol
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      I've always found the sacred constitution to be a laughingstock. A bunch of ruthless slave owners talking about all men are equal lol
      TIL George Washington didn't have wooden teeth. He took slaves' teeth.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

      Comment


      • inthepaint wrote: View Post

        Broken record alert:
        If the percentage of positive tests is not significantly increasing, hospitals are not overrun, and over 90% of deaths are people 80+ (or 60+ with chronic COPD), raw number of new cases have very little meaning (outside of alarming the public and playing some silly political game)

        Hospitalizations are up in a number of states, a couple are pausing re-opening plans but some are moving ahead anyway. Miami has put a pause on but the rest of Florida isn't.

        I think the context for case numbers is pretty well understood by this point. It's still a basic early indicator for whether you're going to see an increase or decrease in hospitalizations and mortalities in the coming weeks. Pretty easy to account for variances like case numbers increasing because testing increases, etc. Because otherwise hospitalizations and mortalities lag pretty significantly behind your actual current situation re: virus spread. Case numbers are closer to 'today' but still lag a bit, too.

        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          I've always found the sacred constitution to be a laughingstock. A bunch of ruthless slave owners talking about all men are equal lol
          They would be a British colony were they not ruthless. They might have never purchased slaves from African slaving countries. They certainly would not have the constitution. We might all be sighing about missing out on soccer instead of basketball right now because of COVID19.

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post

            Hospitalizations are up in a number of states, a couple are pausing re-opening plans but some are moving ahead anyway. Miami has put a pause on but the rest of Florida isn't.

            I think the context for case numbers is pretty well understood by this point. It's still a basic early indicator for whether you're going to see an increase or decrease in hospitalizations and mortalities in the coming weeks. Pretty easy to account for variances like case numbers increasing because testing increases, etc. Because otherwise hospitalizations and mortalities lag pretty significantly behind your actual current situation re: virus spread. Case numbers are closer to 'today' but still lag a bit, too.
            You're very right on the bold. It's easy to account for and I'm sure they know they exact % fluctuation. For some reason though, you almost never see it reported as a percentage of tests, which is a lot closer to a true indication of how the virus is behaving in the population.

            The picture in the U.S. is much worse then it is here no doubt; but like everywhere else, reporting raw number of new cases without correcting for age, percentage of total tested, not talking about recovered cases, including people that died not from covid, but tested positive on autopsy etc.. all make it look worse than the true picture (even if the true picture is not ideal and still calls for attention).

            I feel that if what matters is the number of hospital occupancy and the mortality number outside the local life expectancy and outside people with other chronic respiratory problems, then that's what should be reported. I think that's the context a lot of people want from the media but rarely get. Instead what we always hear is "X number of new cases today, beware of hospital overrun two weeks from now". Then 2 weeks later, rather than showing the actual widespread hospital/death spike they predicted two weeks prior, they go again with "X numbers of new cases today, watch out for 2 weeks from now"

            Feels like we've in a perpetual "Watch out, it's gonna blow up in 3 weeks if you do this". Like, for example, the BLM gatherings. Thousands of of youthful, passionate individuals, the vast majority under 60. I'd like to hear how many of those were hospitilized with covid or died form it two weeks later, and how many hospitals where these gatherings happened were actually overrun. I think the numbers would be super low, but regardless if they ended up being high or low, it'd be a pretty refreshing reporting compared to your "X numbers of new cases today!!"
            Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Jun 17, 2020, 07:49 PM.
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • The Great One wrote: View Post
              I don't get this. So what about the NFL? NFL season starts in september.
              someone at cnn asked him about football

              Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, believes it may be impossible for the NFL to host a 2020 season amidst the coronavirus pandemic.

              With just 12 weeks to go before the official 2020 season kickoff, Fauci told CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta on Thursday that "it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall."

              The news comes just days after several players for the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys—including star running back Ezekiel Elliott—tested positive for COVID-19. Reportedly, some NFL coaches are now concerned about beginning the season during the pandemic.

              Comment


              • Comment


                • Is there no information on immunity after having it yet?
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Is there no information on immunity after having it yet?
                    As far as I know science has yet to prove that if you have it once you'll have sufficient antibodies to protect you against future infections or how long such an immunity would last.

                    Comment


                    • They lied to you for your own good. The damage they have done to their own reputations and to their profession is enormous.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Is there no information on immunity after having it yet?
                        8 million confirmed cases with zero reinfections isn't good enough?

                        immunity exists. how long remains a question. but it'll be long enough.

                        Comment


                        • KHD wrote: View Post

                          8 million confirmed cases with zero reinfections isn't good enough?

                          immunity exists. how long remains a question. but it'll be long enough.
                          Here's where I was getting at:
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                            Here's where I was getting at:
                            I don't see a link

                            Comment


                            • Today feels like March all over again. I'll stick to what I said a month or so go. Team sports in North America won't resume till Fall 2021.

                              Comment


                              • Sonny wrote: View Post
                                Today feels like March all over again. I'll stick to what I said a month or so go. Team sports in North America won't resume till Fall 2021.

                                Even if they start, I get the feeling they'll be halted again. A dozen States that have loosened restrictions like we're about to do have seen 25+% COVID flare ups.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X