Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Because we are taking extreme measures ... that is exactly why the numbers are falling short ... because what we are doing is working.

Yup it was a win/win.
    If the numbers stay in relative control, it's because we took extreme measures.
    If the numbers still went out of control, we can say "think of how much worse it would have been" lol

Defending the needless fear and hysteria that contributed to panic buying, mask hoarding, isolation, depression, anxiety, domestic abuse, financial ruin is easier that way.

It's the apocalyptic talk that was unnecessary. 2/3 of the deaths in Canada have been in nursing homes. Add in those over 80 and those who already had compromised health issues and this, although still serious and worth of respectful measures, had fallen well short of the panic talk they started with. Resulting in fathers getting ticketed for roller balding with their kids and the same heavy handed closure of parks even in remote or rural areas.

Comment

• "In all age groups, overall, men are twice as likely to die as women in Ontario right now," Fisman told Quirks & Quarks host Bob McDonald. "There's something about being male for this disease, and for some other diseases, where being male is a real disadvantage in terms of survival."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        "In all age groups, overall, men are twice as likely to die as women in Ontario right now," Fisman told Quirks & Quarks host Bob McDonald. "There's something about being male for this disease, and for some other diseases, where being male is a real disadvantage in terms of survival."
        Men take less care of themselves. Smoke more, drink more, eat more shit food..its not rocket appliances
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• I cant speak for other cities but Toronto was given a chance to act mature but they can't help themselves
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I cant speak for other cities but Toronto was given a chance to act mature but they can't help themselves
            I laughed when the cop rides up..dude just earned 2 stars on grand theft auto

Comment

• This is germane to the discussion when we are talking about numbers and what they mean when looking at COVID-19.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sweden vs any 2 their neighbours (Finland, Norway, Denmark) is the best A vs B study we have. Sweden opted for herd immunity.
                We won't know for months or even years whether what we are doing is the right approach.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Exactly. Every single country is a "control group", and you only have to look at the US and their insane trajectory right now, and their current 820,000 cases and 45,000 deaths - that's no coincidence.
                  Virtually all of the US states have handled it quite well, actually. Take away the NY numbers (and even there it is basically just NYC and environs) and there would be no lockdown anywhere in the country. Even the other major outbreaks are New Orleans (Mardi Gras) and a super spreader event in Mass and Detroit (self-explanatory). It is basically a non-issue everywhere else.

Comment

• you just know the man is Italian

PS: god damn he speaks moistly
                    Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Apr 22, 2020, 01:28 PM.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Bertarapsfan might be in a position to take advantage of this

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pm-tru...ents-1.4906564

Comment

you just know the man is Italian

I wanted it to keep going. Man is screaming truths.

Comment

• keonclark wrote: View Post

i wanted it to keep going. Man is spitting truths.
                          ftfy

Comment

I cant speak for other cities but Toronto was given a chance to act mature but they can't help themselves
                            And all his idiot buddies filming it
                            I was about to say the cops will be able to capture his plate when they showed up. Hopefully the confiscate the moron's car and throw the book at him.

Empty streets that have never been empty are pretty tempting for the rational-thought-challenged.They just nailed a driver doing 211 km/hr I think it was, on the 407 (now fairly empty toll rode) in ON.

"Police see spike in speeding offences

Since the start of the pandemic, police forces across the GTA -- including the Toronto Police Service – have reported an uptick in speeding charges.

Despite a dip in traffic due to the pandemic, Toronto police confirmed that officers have been handing out an unusually high number of speeding tickets.

Toronto police previously confirmed to CP24 that 2,727 speeding tickets were issued between March 15 and March 31, up approximately 35 per cent from the same period one year earlier.."

So with a fraction of the cars on the road vs a year ago, police are making bank on speeding charges....Add police funds to entities like Amazon, ebay, and all courier companies that love the COVID

Comment

you just know the man is Italian

This guy for Prime Minister....

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                If I remember correctly, Bertarapsfan might be in a position to take advantage of this

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pm-tru...ents-1.4906564
                                Ya finally something i can qualify for. I'd rather have a job but this will have to do to tide me over till something comes up
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X