Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • new york antibody tests in. looks like death rate is really low. potentially 2.7 million new yorkers have had the bug, and are recovering. probably going to need more socialism though, since freedom is a conspiracy, and the honest communists, and socialists enacting their programs while telling everyone to get used to it, because this is normal now(not that gross trump who wants the old normal to be normal, but the new normal with socialism for all)
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...zlq-story.html

    don't worry though, the next kavanuagh, piss bed, russia collusion, muellermas, boat won't be there, antifa is defending you will be real. what are you alex jones.

    Comment


    • To switch things up something I'm worried about when this returns is how even more isolated and anti social people are going to become. It was already bad before with the smartphones.
      I dont have a smart phone so when I sit in a waiting room I look around and watch everyone so engrossed in their devices sometimes I can have a conversation with someone from the older generation but when ever we come out of this it's probably going to make lots of people very weary to interact with strangers.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        Wow, that's a high number. I would argue 1 in 10 people probably believe everything is a conspiracy.
        I would also argue that 1 in 10 things that control us in this world actually ARE conspiracies. That’s the low estimate.

        Comment


        • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          To switch things up something I'm worried about when this returns is how even more isolated and anti social people are going to become. It was already bad before with the smartphones.
          I dont have a smart phone so when I sit in a waiting room I look around and watch everyone so engrossed in their devices sometimes I can have a conversation with someone from the older generation but when ever we come out of this it's probably going to make lots of people very weary to interact with strangers.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post

            You hit the nail on the head. A lot of people support it, because they're getting paid to be lazy, and don't have to feel guilty about it. Even if its bare minimum money. I know a handful of those in my own life.

            I would love to see the stats of people who prefer this new life to their old life. I bet its more than 1 in 10.

            One other thing... "is covid a conspiracy" is so fucking vague with again no context. You can believe covid is real, and a threat, and still believe you're being manipulated by facets of government or organizations. I think its actually a stretch to think there's ZERO manipulation or lies going on here. Did China lie? Most of you believe that at least. Is that a conspiracy? I would say so.
            Read the article. It was a Quebec poll.. they only reached out to 600 people so far (300 in Quebec, 300 in Canada). 1/3rd of the people voting in the poll believe it was manufactured in a lab. More than half believe it was a natural phenomena.

            The study will expand to 1500 people and then to other countries.

            Comment


            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              To switch things up something I'm worried about when this returns is how even more isolated and anti social people are going to become. It was already bad before with the smartphones.
              I dont have a smart phone so when I sit in a waiting room I look around and watch everyone so engrossed in their devices sometimes I can have a conversation with someone from the older generation but when ever we come out of this it's probably going to make lots of people very weary to interact with strangers.
              really? you don't have a phone? i know i am addicted to mine.

              i have actually gotten to know my neighbours more this past month. i've talked to people i only ever nodded in passing to before. so far my biggest issue has been keeping my kid entertained.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                Flip phone life. It's actually very nice and my GF has one If I really need directions but that's rare.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post

                  Read the article. It was a Quebec poll.. they only reached out to 600 people so far (300 in Quebec, 300 in Canada). 1/3rd of the people voting in the poll believe it was manufactured in a lab. More than half believe it was a natural phenomena.

                  The study will expand to 1500 people and then to other countries.
                  I didn't read the article, because not to sound rude, I couldn't give a fuck what the average person thinks. I've lost all faith in the average person. Most of them would gladly trade their rights if somebody told them boogeyman was outside, and they call the police on their neighbors. The average person can fuck right off.

                  I had a bad sleep, and got indoctrinated again with the NFL draft telling us we're all in this together from various yachts and mansions pissed me off. My wife is a nurse (yay!), and she told me last night they're actually moving sick people out of her unit to make way for the Covid POSSIBILITY THAT CLEARLY ISN'T HAPPENING! People that were sick before this are not getting proper care because they don't have the trending disease? Alberta has got like 60 some odd covid people in ICU in a province nearing 5 million. Not only do we have enough beds, we have more hospitals than we do hospitalized patients.

                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                    Flip phone life. It's actually very nice and my GF has one If I really need directions but that's rare.
                    Nice. But was also wondering, how do you talk to us all day? PC?
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/c...nada-1.5542890 1 in 10 Canadians believes a coronavirus conspiracy theory, survey suggests
                      Well. one of the questions people were asked to respond to was "My government is hiding important information about coronavirus." Anyone that didn't say yes to that one hasn't been reading the news from sources other than the government. The test for COVID-119 of close to 400 clients of a homeless shelter that found 146 of them had the disease and were asymptomatic and only one of those individuals wound up entering hospital for treatment. Then there's the random antibody survey in Santa Clara County of 3000 people and found that around 3% of those tested had previously had the disease. That's 50 - 85 times as many people as cases that had been reported.

                      This is great news since it means the fatality rate is likely at least 50 times lower than so far projected. Of course if that was widely known, people might get bristley if you don't start loosening things up a bit. So I would 100% have agreed information was being hidden. It doesn't mean I believe COVID-19 is a bioweapon the Chinese have unleashed on the world.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                        Nice. But was also wondering, how do you talk to us all day? PC?
                        Ya just use a lab top. I've been a student so I've pretty much had that thing open working on something for 12 hours a day for the last 4 years
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • Alberta banning all gatherings of 15 or more people through August. Stampede and all summer festivals cancelled. Presumably, few restaurants or bars will be able to open under these conditions either. Most retail deemed non-essential likely can't comply either.

                          I am no expert but I do know that we are running the costliest experiment in human history and it is being conducted by the same people who were completely unprepared for the first order effects of the pandemic, don't seem to understand the second and third order effects very well, have no plan whatsoever, and can't tell us what victory looks like. I am not confident.



                          Comment


                          • To the social change something I saw the other day made me sad and been thinking about it ever since. Drove by on a busy road and saw a man who had an electrical scooter dechaired he was laying in the sidewalk and was fairly light. A guy was stopped but he was on his phone I think calling someone to help the guy. The dude was pretty light and that 1 guy could have probably helped him back in the chair.
                            I assume it was because the non paralyzed guy didnt want to touch him and risk infection
                            I'm still kinda mad at my self for not turning around. That dude probably had to lay there with his head on the curb for 20+ minutes till the ambulance came
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post

                              Considering how little we know about the virus, Sweden is a nation highly at risk. They're aiming for herd immunity against something science can't even prove one can be immune from or for how long(some guessed only a year or two). There are over 30 strains now, the virus mutates very rapidly. It's what is causing pessimistic forecasts from some people in the medical world when it comes to a vaccine. I hope it works out for Saeden but it feels like a mistake.
                              Not disagreeing but 18 days ago they were saying this "Based on current data, it seems as though SARS-CoV-2 mutates much more slowly than the seasonal flu. Specifically, SARS-CoV-2 seems to have a mutation rate of less than 25 mutations per year, whereas the seasonal flu has a mutation rate of almost 50 mutations per year." I remember reading similar information a couple of weeks ago, that's why your comment sparked my search.

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                ...I couldn't give a fuck what the average person thinks. I've lost all faith in the average person...
                                "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X