Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien
    replied
    my pablano chillies started. went to freshco, bought 1 pepper. cut it, and spinkled all the seeds into 3 clone cups. looks like 4 or 5 are starting to sprout. the one tomato i sliced and put into a cup looks like it is making a forest of tomato plants.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Used to have a little planter box i built for a apartment. Was pretty simple just a frame of 2x8 and piece of plywood on the bottom with holes drilled for draining. Little gravel on the bottom, then some potting mix and topsoil.
    I moved so this year i am doing pots too. Got some Tomatos, Green peppers, Jalepones, Lettuce and Green onions. See how they do i'm in a new climate so still trying to figure out how to grow here. I started probably a month behind so hope its not to big of a problem

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    If you didnt like the jiffy pots you can try simulating germination. Lightly soak a paper towel, fold it in half with the seeds inside. place that on a plate and cover with a bowl. Put that in your closest or somewhere dark. Check every couple days and if the paper towels dried out you can add water. then plant those right into their permanent pots
    You may be past this point already so it might not be useful info

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    A great thing about what you chose to do is it sounds like you have great flexibility. With a bench you can reposition to get more/less sun or even move it inside if you get some sort of freak frost warning in spring/summer/fall. Am I right?
    Mostly. It ended up being 3 eight foot ladders made with 2by4. And each pot takes a foot "rung", with open bottom to drain and keep the bugs away. Not the easiest to move without moving each pot first then the benches.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post

this guy is cool too. i've watched his videos. i first tried to see if i could get an 8 inch raised bed all around, but ended up using the wood to build a raised drainage bench for my pots.

i just wanted something to do, and then bam i'm hours of videos, and a hundred bucks in. started in jiffy pots, then hated it, and just planted right into my pots.
    A great thing about what you chose to do is it sounds like you have great flexibility. With a bench you can reposition to get more/less sun or even move it inside if you get some sort of freak frost warning in spring/summer/fall. Am I right?

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not a gardener yet but I'm building a raised bed garden in my backyard this weekend. This year is an experiment, we'll see what happens after that. I hope I enjoy it.

I'm also going to grow weed too but in pots, not in the raised bed. I germinated seeds and now I have little "weedlings" under the lights of my Aero Garden at night and in the window by day. Only four though, that's the max you're allowed per household.

Here's a channel I've been watching,he's based out of Jersey: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePermaculturGarden
    this guy is cool too. i've watched his videos. i first tried to see if i could get an 8 inch raised bed all around, but ended up using the wood to build a raised drainage bench for my pots.

i just wanted something to do, and then bam i'm hours of videos, and a hundred bucks in. started in jiffy pots, then hated it, and just planted right into my pots.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm not a gardener yet but I'm building a raised bed garden in my backyard this weekend. This year is an experiment, we'll see what happens after that. I hope I enjoy it.

I'm also going to grow weed too but in pots, not in the raised bed. I germinated seeds and now I have little "weedlings" under the lights of my Aero Garden at night and in the window by day. Only four though, that's the max you're allowed per household.

Here's a channel I've been watching,he's based out of Jersey: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePermaculturGarden

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    started a topic gardening

gardening

any gardeners here? i am getting into pot gardening. not growing weed, although also, but pots of plants, instead of rows of tilled earth. live in a condo, not a lot of grow room. in shanghai i had cilantro, garlic, and green onions on the window sill, but now i have peppers, lettuce, potatoes, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbY...2mWYB0yD_Qr_8A
    this is some indian's channel. found it useful, and was my inspiration to try. slicing tomatoes and putting them right in the dirt worked perfectly, but i couldn't get a pablano chilli to sprout the way he shows peppers grow, and had to go seed and not poblanoes.
Working...
X