Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The daycare drop off and 7AM hockey practice demographic is a little nervous. They aren't getting ahead under the libs financially. Levels of household debt are reflections of a heavy heavy taxation policy and not many are ready for a carbon tax.
    That's the big question.

I was actually pretty surprised by how unpopular Trudeau was out east, especially in Quebec. He's fortunate the NDP leader is a dud and the Tory leader is as well. It's way to early to call but I think it will be a pretty close election. The Libs definitely won't hold every seat in Atlantic Canada, the Tories will make some gains in Ontario most likely, the Libs are certainly going to be wiped out in the prairies. BC might actually have a hand in this at the end. My worst fear would be a Liberal minority propped up by the NDP. That would be an absolute nightmare scenario. Fortunately, Singh is so bad I don't see that happening.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      No, you investigate the disappearance of the missing person. You don't investigate the missing person, his family, his co-workers, his friends, and then charge one of his bosses with tax evasion. You don't find the murderer or kidnapper, investigate everyone he knows and then charge his college buddy with being an unregistered lobbyist. That's not how the system works. That's not how any of this works. At least, it never did before. It will now.

But, as I said, nothing can possibly go wrong with this new approach. Absolutely nothing.
      If while searching for the missing person, cops stumble across a stash of drugs in someone else's kitchen, they now have authority to investigate the kitchen. While searching the kitchen, they come across a bloody knife, they'll look into that too, and so on, and so forth. Expanding searches is not uncommon, as new evidence is discovered.

It's not a "witch hunt" when 17 charges are filed.

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          If while searching for the missing person, cops stumble across a stash of drugs in someone else's kitchen, they now have authority to investigate the kitchen. While searching the kitchen, they come across a bloody knife, they'll look into that too, and so on, and so forth. Expanding searches is not uncommon, as new evidence is discovered.

It's not a "witch hunt" when 17 charges are filed.
          So, when the NY AG, or whatever she is, announces she's going to investigate Trump, his family and 'anyone in his orbit': that's cool with you?

I mean, I know you guys all hate Trump and Republicans in general (and conservatives) but you do realize that there is a wide swath of the country that votes Republican and that there are many Republican Attorney Generals, etc. What if the Texas AG announces that whoever wins the Democratic primary that he will commence investigations against him/her, their family, and anyone in their orbit? I'm fairly confident that if you investigate that many people you'll find someone who has done something shady. So, then, if there are charges brought against any one of those people, you're fine with it?

Again, I know you guys hate Trump but this 'investigate everyone' is a really bad precedent. He won't be president forever but everyone who follows him will now face the same thing. I know you guys are okay with all this cause you only think it will happen to people you dislike but that's not the way it works. And, at some point, someone you really don't like will be wielding the investigator's cudgel.

Comment

• Comment

So, when the NY AG, or whatever she is, announces she's going to investigate Trump, his family and 'anyone in his orbit': that's cool with you?

I mean, I know you guys all hate Trump and Republicans in general (and conservatives) but you do realize that there is a wide swath of the country that votes Republican and that there are many Republican Attorney Generals, etc. What if the Texas AG announces that whoever wins the Democratic primary that he will commence investigations against him/her, their family, and anyone in their orbit? I'm fairly confident that if you investigate that many people you'll find someone who has done something shady. So, then, if there are charges brought against any one of those people, you're fine with it?

Again, I know you guys hate Trump but this 'investigate everyone' is a really bad precedent. He won't be president forever but everyone who follows him will now face the same thing. I know you guys are okay with all this cause you only think it will happen to people you dislike but that's not the way it works. And, at some point, someone you really don't like will be wielding the investigator's cudgel.
              My fully unbiased view is, sure, investigate everyone. We might actually end up with a political system that isn't corrupt.

Not sure why it's so hard to live a lawful life.

Comment

The Texas AG like any other legal authority will have to show just cause. You have managed to conflate/suggest an imaginary criminal conduct in Texas with the very real cause/evidence shown in NY State. Simply put if the felon family Trump felt they were being hard done by they would not have voluntarily agreed to shut down their sham tax avoidance scheme of their "charity" foundation.

It is also telling that you are making this specious argument when no one within the mute GOP hierarchy has rushed to Donald's defense in the matter. I think signs of spinal activity maybe occurring.

17 investigations and within different jurisdictions with prosecutors belonging to both parties.

#FakeWitchHunt
                “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Harper was terrible. Period.
                  Best prime minster we've ever had in my lifetime. I know my opinion is usually in good shape when it's the polar opposite of yours.
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

That's the big question.

I was actually pretty surprised by how unpopular Trudeau was out east, especially in Quebec. He's fortunate the NDP leader is a dud and the Tory leader is as well. It's way to early to call but I think it will be a pretty close election. The Libs definitely won't hold every seat in Atlantic Canada, the Tories will make some gains in Ontario most likely, the Libs are certainly going to be wiped out in the prairies. BC might actually have a hand in this at the end. My worst fear would be a Liberal minority propped up by the NDP. That would be an absolute nightmare scenario. Fortunately, Singh is so bad I don't see that happening.
                    This is my worst fear. The best we could come up with in this absolute pivotal time was Andrew Scheer? Who?

Would Kevin O' Leary have been better? Or would they look for a more approachable smile and youthfulness to try and combat in the battle for millennials?
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      This is my worst fear. The best we could come up with in this absolute pivotal time was Andrew Scheer? Who?

Would Kevin O' Leary have been better? Or would they look for a more approachable smile and youthfulness to try and combat in the battle for millennials?
                      I would have preferred Max for his forthrightness but Scheer is the guy who outsmarted Max so here we are. Make sure your jock is on and your helmet is buttoned up because its going to be a dirty election. Ignore the "sunny ways" bullshit from Sir Sock of Westmount.... Telford and Butts are going to run this election like a Tom Wilson shift against the Flyers.Those two fuckers killed Ontario and their political lives are on the line as there is no where else to go if they lose the federal election. There is a whiff of panic in the air in the west block as the economy slows and there isn't a cork big enough to jam in Catherine McKenna yip as she bleeds votes amongst moderates. This valley girl ditz actually believes that taxpayers subsidizing green energy will somehow create wealth by imposing yet another federal tax. She is breathtakingly stupid.

Trudeau's handlers Butts and Teleford also fear Jagmeet Singh...Thats why they haven't called a by election in burnaby for Jagmeet to get some time in the HoC. Singh for all his quirks is a pretty interesting guy. Hes smart and he's tough when he has to be... and he will bleed a lot of swing Liberal votes in Ontario in places like Brampton and Hamilton and in BC. If he can figure out what made Quebec vote for Jack Layton he can be a force next October.

Quebec is the wild card... Is there enough backlash on giving in on the dairly cartel in Nafta to hurt Liberal chances in Quebec... if there is... watch for the Tories to have enough to win a minority or possibly a majority government by taking seats in Quebec, the vote rich Ford supporting Ontario suburbs and the BC mainland.

The Red Star likes to kick at Doug Ford but he has an impressive machine at the grass roots and he hates Trudeau like Parisians hate tourists. Ford Nation will be knocking on doors in the GTA all spring and summer. Its on..
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Lol just saw other tweets. Mattis not retiring, he's resigning.

Comment

• Comment

• Meanwhile:

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X