Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haha





    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 25th, 2019, 08:48 AM.

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      Sweden and Denmark are not socialist countries. They just tax the shit out of the little guy, middle guy and rich guy. US economy is more regulated. Oh and by the way, Sweden's social security is partially privatized.
      Bold: tell that to the poster who puts them down. And I am happy to comply with support otherwise.

      Their social systems/culture and by extension aspects of their economy are based on social programs as you know ... as like Canada. But Venezuela blows up and screams of "socialism" (read next step the bogeyman "communism" ) show up. All the while forgetting that constitutions and laws and rigged elections were really the causes/problem. Simply put to lump Venezuela (with their history) with other western democracies which for want of a better term practice a "democratic socialism" ... is off base. Ironically, they have more to fear from the current buffoon and his helpers in congress who gut the institutions, laws/regulations, social cohesion and of course selling of America's assets for personal gain all the while conning a percentage of the gullible pop. to support policies against their own personal interests? Amazing.

      Like I mentioned earlier, the reactionaries in North America are doing the same with Sanders and now Cortez and of course called Obama a raving socialist because he dared approach a more inclusive medical insurance system to help mostly the under served.

      As usual, all economic systems are suspect. They require constant balance and tuning depending on global conditions. There are always competing interests. But to exclude (and demean) social programs part of an economy as something of a gateway to economic hell, especially in rich countries, is ridiculous.
      Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jan 25th, 2019, 09:28 AM.
      “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

      J.M. Keynes

      Comment


      • Bendit wrote: View Post
        Bold: tell that to the poster who puts them down. And I am happy to comply with support otherwise.

        But Venezuela blows up and screams of "socialism" (read next step the bogeyman "communism" ) show up. All the while forgetting that constitutions and laws and rigged elections were really the causes/problem. Simply put to lump Venezuela (with their history) with other western democracies which for want of a better term practice a "democratic socialism" ... is off base.
        I remember days when American and European socialists were lauding Venezuela... And it's clear that DSA still support Venezuela's "revolution".





        Install a far right opposition. New Venezuela's President is social democrat.
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 25th, 2019, 09:30 AM.

        Comment



        • Comment


          • Remember, according to people like Bendit, Canadian socialists are good soclalists. Not like those bad socialists in the dirt countries (that aren't even really socialists like the good ones we have)....

            https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sin...991913?cmp=rss

            Singh issued the short statement outlining his position Thursday after NDP MP Niki Ashton and candidate Jessa McLean joined candidate Svend Robinson in attacking Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his government for making common cause with the Trump administration and the right-wing government of Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil over Venezuela.
            Oh. My. God. I just realized. Singh and his team are siding with Russia. The fucking Russians got to them. We need the RCMP to investigate now!!!!

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              I remember days when American and European socialists were lauding Venezuela... And it's clear that DSA still support Venezuela's "revolution".





              Install a far right opposition. New Venezuela's President is social democrat.
              1. Depends what you mean by supports the revolution ... which revolution... Bolivar or Chavez?
              2. So, Stiglitz a relatively well known economist, in 2007, praised what Chavez was doing trying to help less fortunate south American countries with his glut of oil and aid. Did they send the kerosene back when Hugo delivered heating oil during a cold winter to help the poor in Massachusets? That was a tweak ...lol.
              3. Remind me of those economists and who they were ... and what did they say when HC started becoming undemocratic/ autocratic?
              4. DSA is a movement. There is 1 reason they came to be ... the rank inequality which exists in this case in the US. Good movements do not cut and run b/c times are bad and mismanaged. Do you prefer a landing of the marines in Caracas to help with political problems in Wash.? That tweet was fine. The Venezuelans should correct their own problems.
              “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

              J.M. Keynes

              Comment


              • Bendit wrote: View Post
                1. Depends what you mean by supports the revolution ... which revolution... Bolivar or Chavez?
                2. So, Stiglitz a relatively well known economist, in 2007, praised what Chavez was doing trying to help less fortunate south American countries with his glut of oil and aid. Did they send the kerosene back when Hugo delivered heating oil during a cold winter to help the poor in Massachusets? That was a tweak ...lol.
                3. Remind me of those economists and who they were ... and what did they say when HC started becoming undemocratic/ autocratic?
                4. DSA is a movement. There is 1 reason they came to be ... the rank inequality which exists in this case in the US. Good movements do not cut and run b/c times are bad and mismanaged. Do you prefer a landing of the marines in Caracas to help with political problems in Wash.? That tweet was fine. The Venezuelans should correct their own problems.
                Supporting the murderous tyrants to own the Drumpf? Or have the Russians gotten to you to? Either way man, having a bun fight over semantics to defend a dictator's water carriers is a pretty strange hill to die on.

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Supporting the murderous tyrants to own the Drumpf? Or have the Russians gotten to you to? Either way man, having a bun fight over semantics to defend a dictator's water carriers is a pretty strange hill to die on.
                  You are either hallucinating (rather early in the day to be ingesting little blue pills) or the comprehension is shot.

                  Where did I support "murderous tyrants"?

                  I did not know you used the "expletive" Drumpf. Are you working your way to disowning Don T.? The slide has begun! btw..What are your news organs reporting on Roger the dodger's troubles today? Another bozo who was ready to take a bullet for the kfc gourmand in manacles.
                  “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                  J.M. Keynes

                  Comment



                  • Comment


                    • Bendit wrote: View Post
                      1. Depends what you mean by supports the revolution ... which revolution... Bolivar or Chavez?
                      2. So, Stiglitz a relatively well known economist, in 2007, praised what Chavez was doing trying to help less fortunate south American countries with his glut of oil and aid. Did they send the kerosene back when Hugo delivered heating oil during a cold winter to help the poor in Massachusets? That was a tweak ...lol.
                      3. Remind me of those economists and who they were ... and what did they say when HC started becoming undemocratic/ autocratic?
                      4. DSA is a movement. There is 1 reason they came to be ... the rank inequality which exists in this case in the US. Good movements do not cut and run b/c times are bad and mismanaged. Do you prefer a landing of the marines in Caracas to help with political problems in Wash.? That tweet was fine. The Venezuelans should correct their own problems.
                      1. Both
                      3. huh?
                      4. DSA is a movement with a global agenda. Have you seen any US soldiers in Venezuela? Where's the coup? I'm sure Trump is deeply involved and I bet he wants war. Trump is done anyway. But Venezuelans will keep dying under status quo... Their ex-leader should eat shit and old bread for the rest of his life. The conflict is very likely to turn violent unless one side gives up. Military commanders are part of the "system". They're probably complicit in some crimes. I don't trust US at all, but hopefully this time is different and the conflict will be solved without violence. Maybe they should offer exit packages to both ex-leader and commanders or something.

                      And who's that far-right leader?
                      Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 25th, 2019, 12:53 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Bendit wrote: View Post
                        1. Depends what you mean by supports the revolution ... which revolution... Bolivar or Chavez?
                        2. So, Stiglitz a relatively well known economist, in 2007, praised what Chavez was doing trying to help less fortunate south American countries with his glut of oil and aid. Did they send the kerosene back when Hugo delivered heating oil during a cold winter to help the poor in Massachusets? That was a tweak ...lol.
                        3. Remind me of those economists and who they were ... and what did they say when HC started becoming undemocratic/ autocratic?
                        4. DSA is a movement. There is 1 reason they came to be ... the rank inequality which exists in this case in the US. Good movements do not cut and run b/c times are bad and mismanaged. Do you prefer a landing of the marines in Caracas to help with political problems in Wash.? That tweet was fine. The Venezuelans should correct their own problems.
                        By the way, she's suggesting that we must support Mexico, Uruguay & the Vatican's efforts to facilitate a peaceful dialogue. Where was that dialogue in 2016/17? I've donated $$ to charities who had to use secret humanitarian corridors to deliver food in 2017!! More than 400 days ago!
                        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 25th, 2019, 12:41 PM.

                        Comment


                        • American healthcare market is completely f'ed up.


                          Comment



                          • Comment


                            • rocwell wrote: View Post
                              1. Both
                              3. huh?
                              4. DSA is a movement with a global agenda. Have you seen any US soldiers in Venezuela? Where's the coup? I'm sure Trump is deeply involved and I bet he wants war. Trump is done anyway. But Venezuelans will keep dying under status quo... Their ex-leader should eat shit and old bread for the rest of his life. The conflict is very likely to turn violent unless one side gives up. Military commanders are part of the "system". They're probably complicit in some crimes. I don't trust US at all, but hopefully this time is different and the conflict will be solved without violence. Maybe they should offer exit packages to both ex-leader and commanders or something.

                              And who's that far-right leader? The last time I checked the current president's ideology is left-wing.
                              Whut? are you crediting me with the contents of that tweet? I have no idea who the Guaido fellow is. I agree w/ the non interference militarily by the US.

                              What is the DSA global agenda? Sounds ominous. I really do not know ... I follow the pols in N America who I imagine are trying to separate themselves from the run of the mill Dems who have been part of the problem the last while. Bernie of course when he started getting tarnished with the commie/socialist tag decided to go for the democratic-socialism mantra... lol. It is not insidious.

                              #3 ..do not understand "huh".
                              You brought up the many econos in the US & Europe who supported Chavez. Are you suggesting that early in his tenure he did not help many economically and with aid to other poor S American countries? Conversely, once HC went dictatorial were there no opposition remarks made possibly by those same individuals? Are you sure? I remember push back. In any case he is gone and it is Maduro who needs to be dealt with now. It stopped being a democratic state the latter part of HC tenure.
                              “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                              J.M. Keynes

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post
                                By the way, she's suggesting that we must support Mexico, Uruguay & the Vatican's efforts to facilitate a peaceful dialogue. Where was that dialogue in 2016/17? I've donated $$ to charities who had to use secret humanitarian corridors to deliver food in 2017!! More than 400 days ago!
                                Good for you. Are you blaming a single DS now congresswoman for the US govt's foreign policy/aid position re Venezuela. Like yourself you have no idea what others may have been doing to help. Like:

                                https://www.canada.ca/en/global-affa...venezuela.html

                                Not much ...but engaged.
                                “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                                J.M. Keynes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X