Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Toronto Star is now rudderless in their on going argument that Canada should be Venezuela North for the betterment of all under the gender dependent leadership of Justin Spicoli Trudeau. No surprise the Star.. or Pravda as its better known... are in line to get a chunk of government largess vis a vis a 600M$ pork barrell grant to keep the Liberal biased MSM breathing a while longer. Paid subscriptions for their tripe are not enough to keep them alive.

On an academic faculty lounge discussion... just how much different is Nicholas Maduro who rose to power in military fatigues and will leave power either dead of lead poisoning or leaving on a plane dressed like Captain Crunch with his stolen billions in tow to our Trust Fund Baby and uber flake Justin Trudeau ?.

Scoff if you will but both Justin and Maduro have sewered resource based economies with malfeasance, both may have Latin fathers, both are definitely pariahs on the international stage of their own doing.

Justin does dress up better as an Indian than Maduro though.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Sound the alarm... 7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Sound the alarm... 7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments.
        OK...
        Avg payment per month is say 250 bucks
        3 months delinquent is 750 bucks x 7 million people ...
        Thats 5.2 billion...
        The 10 largest commercial us banks have assets in excess of 10 trillion dollars...against a bad loan base of 5 B.. ....

It should be a silent alarm...

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          OK...
          Avg payment per month is say 250 bucks
          3 months delinquent is 750 bucks x 7 million people ...
          Thats 5.2 billion...
          The 10 largest commercial us banks have assets in excess of 10 trillion dollars...against a bad loan base of 5 B.. ....

It should be a silent alarm...
          Not a silent alarm. This is bad. Way too many distressed borrowers are not benefiting from a strong labor market. Post-2008 crisis numbers were better than this.

Comment

Not a silent alarm. This is bad. Way too many distressed borrowers are not benefiting from a strong labor market. Post-2008 crisis numbers were better than this.
            It really is about what that auto loan delinquency says about a possible cascade of defaults and other possible structural issues/symptoms. This is of course rooted in the very low savings portfolios of these same defaulters. The first biggie which comes to mind is the home mortgages of these same auto loan holders. Raise the interest rate on those and .... they may be without car and house. So yes, alarms!
            “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Heard about the encroachment of polar bears on human communities of the northern regions?

Here is a pic of an RCMP controlling the "immigrant" flow near Churchill, Manitoba.

(for some reason the pic does not show) See link below.

The larger issue is of course "climate change". The article below expands on this and Churchill.....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-bear-capital
              Last edited by Bendit; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 10:08 AM.

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Heard about the encroachment of polar bears on human communities of the northern regions?

Here is a pic of an RCMP controlling the "immigrant" flow near Churchill, Manitoba.

(for some reason the pic does not show) See link below.

The larger issue is of course "climate change". The article below expands on this and Churchill.....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-bear-capital
                This is unpossible. Global warming, er, I mean, climate change, killed all the polar bears years ago.

Comment

• Uh oh. Another alarm.

Comment

It really is about what that auto loan delinquency says about a possible cascade of defaults and other possible structural issues/symptoms. This is of course rooted in the very low savings portfolios of these same defaulters. The first biggie which comes to mind is the home mortgages of these same auto loan holders. Raise the interest rate on those and .... they may be without car and house. So yes, alarms!
                    Its 2% of the population....
                    The American consumer is flush...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      This is unpossible. Global warming, er, I mean, climate change, killed all the polar bears years ago.
                      Actually.. the bear population has increased by 30% since 2005 ... from 22,500 to 30,000 bears...This from the Global Warming Policy Centre.....

Go figure eh ?

https://www.thegwpf.org/as-polar-bea...pecies-status/
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Uh oh. Another alarm.

This chart represents disposable income over a 5 year period....
                        Its a good story...
                        Trump is a lot of things.. but he has put more money in peoples pockets... which is usually a good thing.

Sources:
                        https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ersonal-income

https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.c...survey&1903=58

Comment

• European Commission just downgraded its forecast for euro economic growth in 2019 and 2020. Europe was expected to grow by 1.9%, it will slow to 1.3%. Something is happening and it's spreading to Europe, too.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Its 2% of the population....
                            The American consumer is flush...
                            Wider lens Demo, wider lens ...

apparently 29% of the households have less than $1000 in savings. Would you call this "flush"? At least on a personal level this is frightening!

the savings rate is now about 2.4% from the 12.9 in 1970. Dig deeper and we shall find that the most vulnerable are those with of course the ones with the lesser incomes.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...united-states/

J.M. Keynes

Comment

Wider lens Demo, wider lens ...

apparently 29% of the households have less than $1000 in savings. Would you call this "flush"? At least on a personal level this is frightening!

the savings rate is now about 2.4% from the 12.9 in 1970. Dig deeper and we shall find that the most vulnerable are those with of course the ones with the lesser incomes.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...united-states/
                              That's not a big deal. There's an asset bubble thanks to the bailouts of 2008, but I'm not worried about that atm. It will change. Through policy or crash, but yes, America needs to start creating more wealth for bottom 50% Americans. A lot of change is required though.

Look at this bill. I can't believe politicians are shouting the economy is rigged! the economy is rigged! Eat the rich! But this kind of stuff was allowed for the last 40 years in the economy which is dominated by shareholders:

Low wage workers locked in non-compete agreements? You've got to be fucking kidding me!!!! And they want an organic wage growth with bullshit like this. Ffs. It's funny that Republican's bill will fix this problem lol.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Low wage workers locked in non-compete agreements? You've got to be fucking kidding me!!!! And they want an organic wage growth with bullshit like this. Ffs. It's funny that Republican's bill will fix this problem lol.
                                That's insane. I can't even imagine a court upholding this type of non-compete. It would almost certainly be unenforceable.

Non-competes certainly have their time and place but this is ludicrous. Another example of why people hate fucking lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X