Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    Low wage workers locked in non-compete agreements? You've got to be fucking kidding me!!!! And they want an organic wage growth with bullshit like this. Ffs. It's funny that Republican's bill will fix this problem lol.
    I am missing something here I'm sure... is Rubio trying to protect the mini wage McDonald's employee to allow them to go to Burger King? Are they being prevented now by some non-compete clause?
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

    J.M. Keynes

    Comment


    • Bendit wrote: View Post
      I am missing something here I'm sure... is Rubio trying to protect the mini wage McDonald's employee to allow them to go to Burger King? Are they being prevented now by some non-compete clause?
      Yes, apparently under that old labor law, all employers can slip a non-compete clause into their contracts. That's just fucking insane. Low wage workers. No wonder it's so easy for Walmart to monopolize everything. Lower prices, fight unions, buy politicians and boom. In the long term, it absolutely kills the basic competition. Only way you can compete with cheap food stores is by starting low prices food store too(meaning low wages) or "luxury brand" like Whole Foods(market share will be small though.)

      Comment


      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Trump is a lot of things.. but he has put more money in peoples pockets... which is usually a good thing.
        Which people?

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Which people?
          This tax bill is looking like a failure, yes, successful sugar high for consumers, but that's about it. Refund headline is mainly bullshit. That's not a big deal, lower refunds usually mean that taxes were more accurately withheld and government didn't get to play with taxpayers' interest-free loans.

          But ya... Voters will take this differently. I remember GOP talked about massive refunds or $4000 wage increases haha.
          Last edited by rocwell; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 01:25 PM.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            Which people?
            I know NBC journalists don't know how taxes work? Do you?

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              This tax bill is looking like a failure, yes, successful sugar high for consumers, but that's about it. Refund headline is mainly bullshit. That's not a big deal, lower refunds usually mean that taxes were more accurately withheld and government didn't get to play with taxpayers' interest-free loans.

              But ya... Voters will take this differently. I remember GOP talked about massive refunds or $4000 wage increases haha.
              A terrible failure..... oh, wait.


              https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-job-...f-7-3-million/

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                WH's own people have already admitted that the tax bill is meh. I forgot exact figures, but they said that economic activity will cover just 20%(or 30%? I can't remember, I posted a tweet here few weeks ago) of $2+ trillions spent. So, a big hit to balance sheet.
                Last edited by rocwell; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 01:37 PM.

                Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  This tax bill is looking like a failure, yes, successful sugar high for consumers, but that's about it. Refund headline is mainly bullshit. That's not a big deal, lower refunds usually mean that taxes were more accurately withheld and government didn't get to play with taxpayers' interest-free loans.

                  But ya... Voters will take this differently. I remember GOP talked about massive refunds or $4000 wage increases haha.
                  RE: Bold - From what I can find, it seems to be quite the opposite - there were higher standard deductions put in place, and the returns are still lower. Unless I'm missing something. Which is certainly possible.

                  Comment


                  • And it looks like Republicans are starting to draft bills to deal with stock buybacks too. Clearly they didn't like that businesses see buybacks as the only good investment...

                    Comment


                    • Joey wrote: View Post
                      RE: Bold - From what I can find, it seems to be quite the opposite - there were higher standard deductions put in place, and the returns are still lower. Unless I'm missing something. Which is certainly possible.
                      Tax Policy Center analysis show that 80% of taxpayers would receive a cut in 2018:

                      https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publ...-analysis/full

                      Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Tax Policy Center analysis show that 80% of taxpayers would receive a cut in 2018:

                        https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publ...-analysis/full
                        Ya I was just reading this. From the Abstract:
                        The new law will reduce federal revenues by significant amounts, even after allowing for the modest impact on economic growth. It will make the distribution of after-tax income more unequal, raise federal debt, and impose burdens on future generations. When it is ultimately financed with spending cuts or other tax increases, as it must be in the long run, TCJA will, under the most plausible scenarios, end up making most households worse off than if TCJA had not been enacted.
                        But ya .. "putting money in peoples pockets" ... Lol

                        Comment


                        • Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Wider lens Demo, wider lens ...

                          apparently 29% of the households have less than $1000 in savings. Would you call this "flush"? At least on a personal level this is frightening!

                          the savings rate is now about 2.4% from the 12.9 in 1970. Dig deeper and we shall find that the most vulnerable are those with of course the ones with the lesser incomes.

                          https://www.statista.com/statistics/...united-states/
                          The numbers speak for themselves..(where have we heard that before )

                          but in this case they do... the american consumer is loaded right now with disposable income... more than they have had in a decade.......and they get to make choices on what to do with that money...spend it or save it...

                          the choice doesn't change the numbers that they have more money in their jeans than they have had in the past.....

                          Comment


                          • Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar became the 10th major Democratic candidate for president on Sunday. She almost certainly won’t be the last addition to the field. Another 20 or so prominent Democrats are still considering a presidential bid, which could eventually send the number of candidates into the teens or even 20s — perhaps eclipsing the 17 major candidates who ran for the Republican nomination in 2016.
                            .

                            Comment


                            • Joey wrote: View Post
                              Which people?
                              People who work and pay taxes at source..those people...

                              Comment


                              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                People who work and pay taxes at source..those people...


                                Not buying it Demo.

                                Most People Say They're No Better Off

                                In a survey by the investment service Stash, just 40% of respondents reported an improved financial situation under the Trump administration.

                                Over 65% of respondents feel the same or more fearful about their financial opportunities under the Trump administration, the report said.

                                http://fortune.com/2018/10/19/stash-...nancial-fears/
                                And there's plenty more than this one survey. Sure, a small minority of people are benefiting, which I have assume are the people you're talking about, but when has ever not been the case?
                                Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 03:51 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X