Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    This tax bill is looking like a failure, yes, successful sugar high for consumers, but that's about it. Refund headline is mainly bullshit. That's not a big deal, lower refunds usually mean that taxes were more accurately withheld and government didn't get to play with taxpayers' interest-free loans.

    But ya... Voters will take this differently. I remember GOP talked about massive refunds or $4000 wage increases haha.
    This is correct..I know folks love getting big tax refunds from the CRA..but what it means is that you overpaid your taxís for a year....you donít get the benefits of your money...The feds and provinces do.

    Smaller refunds indicate a simpler tax system.... The CRAs income tax guide is over 1,000 pages.

    Comment


    • Joey wrote: View Post


      Not buying it Demo.



      And there's plenty more than this one survey. Sure, a small minority of people are benefiting, which I have assume are the people you're talking about, but when has ever not been the case?
      You don’t have to buy anything.
      Line up a 100 people..men women, black , brown , Asian, white, old or young..your pick.

      Ask them if they would like it better if they kept another 100 bucks a week in take home pay because taxes went down.

      They could say yes or no....

      Betting that 100 say yes.....

      Keeping more of your money is not a bad thing....

      Comment


      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        You don’t have to buy anything.
        Line up a 100 people..men women, black , brown , Asian, white, old or young..your pick.

        Ask them if they would like it better if they kept another 100 bucks a week in take home pay because taxes went down.

        They could say yes or no....

        Betting that 100 say yes.....

        Keeping more of your money is not a bad thing....
        Did you even read my post? Or read anything other than Trumps and GOPs ridiculous promises?

        Majority of people are not seeing this magical $100 you speak of. It doesn't exist.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Did you even read my post? Or read anything other than Trumps and GOPs promises?

          Majority of people are not seeing this magical $100 you speak of. It doesn't exist.
          Yet the chart I posted shows that disposable income is going up....

          Wage growth is part of it.. but so is a streamlined tax system and gasp.. yes... lower taxes...

          At root your arguing that Trump is a hell bastard and no matter what he does its evil. Don't let your political polemic cloud the view that more money in your pocket is a good thing regardless of which side of the aisle takes the plunge to do it...

          No I didn't read anything you highlited or posted about a politicians promises as I know what they generally turn out to be. Warm ..Organic and Fecal.

          I have to sharpen my petard as it appears Teleford and Betts and the PMO are about to be hoisted on it from the latest on SNC Lavelin...Get the butter out.. Trudeau is toast.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 13th, 2019, 04:14 PM.

          Comment


          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Yet the chart I posted shows that disposable income is going up....

            Wage growth is part of it.. but so is a streamlined tax system and gasp.. yes... lower taxes...

            At root your arguing that Trump is a hell bastard and no matter what he does its evil. Don't let your political polemic cloud the view that more money in your pocket is a good thing...
            That's not at all what I'm arguing ... thanks though?

            I think there is plenty of evidence to show that people (and the country) are not in fact "better off". Has nothing to do with my opinions of Trump.

            And again with this "money in your pocket" rhetoric ... it's not real! It's an illusion Demo. Snap out of it! Lol

            Comment


            • Joey wrote: View Post
              That's not at all what I'm arguing ... thanks though?

              I think there is plenty of evidence to show that people (and the country) are not in fact "better off". Has nothing to do with my opinions of Trump.

              And again with this "money in your pocket" rhetoric ... it's not real! It's an illusion Demo. Snap out of it! Lol
              Math is cruel Joey.... More people have more money in their jeans
              People like that.
              A lot.

              That the "more money" is proportional or skewed is fair. Just like its fair that a male black 50 something corporate exec makes more money than a female white 19 year old checkout clerk at the supermarket.

              Keep fighting the idealistic fight where skills and experience and talent and demand for those skills don't matter because in a utopian world everyone is the same.

              Voltaren helps.
              I prefer El Dorado..

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Math is cruel Joey.... More people have more money in their jeans
                People like that.
                A lot.
                I understand this. You don't need to keep repeating it. It's a very simple concept.

                Unfortunately, what you seem to be missing, or blatantly ignoring, is that most people don't have "more money in their jeans".

                Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                That the "more money" is proportional or skewed is fair. Just like its fair that a male black 50 something corporate exec makes more money than a female white 19 year old checkout clerk at the supermarket.
                How is it "proportional" when alot people (who do in fact work) aren't seeing any money at all?

                Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Keep fighting the idealistic fight where skills and experience and talent and demand for those skills don't matter because in a utopian world everyone is the same.

                Voltaren helps.
                I prefer El Dorado..

                What are you even on about? Who ever said any of this? Besides you, just now. C'mon man, that's just lazy.

                Comment


                • Joey wrote: View Post
                  I understand this. You don't need to keep repeating it. It's a very simple concept.

                  Unfortunately, what you seem to be missing, or blatantly ignoring, is that most people don't have "more money in their jeans".



                  How is it "proportional" when alot people (who do in fact work) aren't seeing any money at all?




                  What are you even on about? Who ever said any of this? Besides you, just now. C'mon man, that's just lazy.
                  In an across the board tax cut.. its pretty much impossible to parse out the perceived to be disadvantaged from that cut...
                  However if your on social assistance a tax cut is as good as a liberal promise.

                  What people do with their new found tax money is up to them...save it or spend it or give it to charity.. its your own call.

                  Comment



                  • Comment


                    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      In an across the board tax cut.. its pretty much impossible to parse out the perceived to be disadvantaged from that cut...
                      However if your on social assistance a tax cut is as good as a liberal promise.

                      What people do with their new found tax money is up to them...save it or spend it or give it to charity.. its your own call.
                      My, what should they do with their whole $2?!

                      Please.

                      Comment


                      • Hmmm ... the Gabbard stuff looks like it needs to be checked further. Too many coincidences it would seem .. or she doesn't have the radar to keep away from Russian associated stuff these days. Either way not smart.
                        “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                        J.M. Keynes

                        Comment


                        • Joey wrote: View Post
                          My, what should they do with their whole $2?!

                          Please.
                          More money in your pockets = good thing

                          Even if its 2 bucks...

                          Please .....we both know its a lot more than 2 bucks eh.

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post

                            I like Bill Browder and his book is awesome but sometimes when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail. The casual smear of Gabbard here 'full Kremlin support' is telling. RUSSIANS! YEARGH! Sorry, not everyone who disagrees with your and your foreign policy is a traitor, Manchurian candidate or foreign stooge.

                            Comment


                            • Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm ... the Gabbard stuff looks like it needs to be checked further. Too many coincidences it would seem .. or she doesn't have the radar to keep away from Russian associated stuff these days. Either way not smart.
                              We need to appoint a special counsel to investigate her and every single family member and business associate for years because of some fantastic lunatic conspiracy theories being pushed by knaves, fools and the poor souls like Bendit who have invested so much emotional capital in it that they can't admit they've been duped by lies meant to rile up the base.

                              Comment



                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X