Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Here's the work of fiction from the Department of Justice investigation...... they must be Russian agents, too.

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/...abe-report.pdf
    So you claim Aliens built the pyramids and when called out on that bizarre claim, show pictures of pyramids.
    The lack of candor is not in dispute. Even he admitted it.

To you "lack of candor" and "lying" are one and the same, but to the FBI they are not. McCabe has not been charged with lying - yet. He may well be, despite him being a "made man" on the right side, but he hasn't yet.

This from yesterday.

A criminal investigation into whether former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe made false statements during an internal probe into a news media disclosure remains open, his attorney said Thursday.

“We’ve had dealings with the U.S. Attorney’s Office” in Washington that has been handling the case, said lawyer Michael Bromwich, who accompanied McCabe to a wide-ranging interview session with reporters. “We are in continuing communication with them.”

The Justice Department inspector general last year referred for investigation and possible prosecution allegations that McCabe lied under oath when questioned about the source of information in a 2016 Wall Street Journal story about an FBI inquiry into the Clinton Foundation.
    https://www.philly.com/politics/nati...-20190221.html
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Wonder how much of an effect this lying POS is going to have on the upcoming campaigns by Kamala "This is a modern day lynching" Harris. If she can be duped with relative ease by a b grade television actor playing out a fantasy... how badly is she going to be tied up in knots by the pros who run presidential campaign strategies....

Cory Booker probably won't be affected by his read fire aim rush to judgement as he is as dumb as a post and won't get past New Hampshire.
      Really? What she and many others in the African American community and others thought to be true has seemingly turned into a horrible hoax. That was normal empathy being displayed not naivety. I will never truly understand how a black person feels about racism and their 400 year history in America. So, please ... did you in fact believe day1 that Smollet was pulling off a hoax? Be honest now. And when was the last time you had heard a similar hoax?

Ironically, this was Trump's first reaction to the Smollet case when first reported:

President Donald Trump condemned the attack of “Empire” star Jussie Smollett, calling it “horrible” on Thursday.

“That I can tell you is horrible. It doesn’t get worse,” the president told White House reporter April Ryan when asked about the incident.
      Now if he knew about or felt anything about the history of blacks in America maybe he might have hiccuped the same words as a Kamala Harris.

But I see he is back on message... lol.
      “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        I answered the former in my last note.

Want to supply me with links about what you are referring to about Brennan? Deep state stuff? I am genuinely interested. Facts now, not innuendo please.
        Deep State stuff from that crazy, right wing Russian compromised rag.... The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...an-lied-senate

After the CIA inspector general’s report completely contradicted Brennan’s statements, it now appears Brennan was forced to privately apologize to intelligence committee chairs in a “tense” meeting earlier this week. Other Senators on Thursday pushed for Brennan to publicly apologize and called for an independent investigation.
        Here's another of your favourites, James Clapper and getting away scott-free as described by that Russian agent, um, Jonathan Turley.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1045991001/

Even in a city with a notoriously fluid notion of truth, Clapper’s false testimony was a standout. Clapper appeared before the Senate to discuss surveillance programs in the midst of a controversy over warrantless surveillance of the American public. He was asked directly, “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?” There was no ambiguity or confusion and Clapper responded, “No, sir. … Not wittingly.” That was a lie and Clapper knew it when he said it.
        Go do the rest of the research yourself..... perhaps Vox has an explainer with pictures.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          So you claim Aliens built the pyramids and when called out on that bizarre claim, show pictures of pyramids.
          The lack of candor is not in dispute. Even he admitted it.

To you "lack of candor" and "lying" are one and the same, but to the FBI they are not. McCabe has not been charged with lying - yet. He may well be, despite him being a "made man" on the right side, but he hasn't yet.

This from yesterday.

https://www.philly.com/politics/nati...-20190221.html
          LOL. okay dude. Let's have a pedantic bun fight over what 'lack of candour' means. Give me a fucking break. And you guys are the self-proclaimed, principled truth-tellers and finders of objective fact. The cognitive dissonance must be mind numbing.

Comment

• you guys sure do use a lot of big words.

Do we ever wonder what the true genesis of our urge to argue any one side in this whole mess is? Where does it lay deep in our sub-concious?

We can look at a situation, and guy feeling will tell us who us bullshitting and who isn't. Normally.
            Then we face a situation where everyone is bulshitting to a certain degree.... this is close to most western political systems. Then we need to dig deep as we aren't even certain who, what, or why we even care to fight that "good" fight.

The term "follow the money" is often helpful, I first heard it watching the Zeitgeist series, and it made sense, so, that what I do now....and what I have found, the money, if you follow it, flows back to every single political party in North America, regardless of Coulour, red, blue, gold..... it's always this way, perhaps some colours more than other, but make no mistake right, they are all taking in that flow.

So then if this is the case, then I remember one of my first year essays from PoliSci, who has the power in Canada, the PM, or the Buraucracy. Heh, I loved this one as I was a young idealist and ALWAYS said it was the Buraucracy. And it is.... but fuck, now the window opens all the way up and ALL the sunlight floods in to blind you.... how the FUCK do we regulate Buraucracy. How do we tell billionaires, some who were born into their roles, how to think, what to fel and who to care about? Can we? SHOULD we? Even worse, is our society even capable of trashing a monetary based way of living for something that makes more sense? Is it even PHYSICALLY possible now with 9 billion little viruses scampering around on this rock?

Eek.

Now we have moved straight passed politics, taken a left turn at economics, and landed squarely into Philisophy and ethics...well shit. The Greeks used to have Symposiums where the got hammered and pontificated at cerebral levels most of us (well, excluding myself, clearly) couldn't even comprehend. Which when you think about it, really slaps a human element upon the great minds of our civilization. So they got drunk, fucked each other, and anyone else that showed up, wrote down their drunken findings and now people pay 60K for a Philosophy degree that nobody respects, even thoughhhhhh.... cirlce back.

So did buddy lie, yup, likely, did the other guy lie before, then get his hands slapped, then get really fucked ober when Meuller came along, yup, Are any of them inocent? Unlikely, not a chance if I'm a betting man.

So then, why do we argue, and if we do, what parameters do we use to chose our sides. I go back to gut feelings. Look, you either know when A guy or gal is being a cunt or you don't, but most of us do. We need to at theleast have common ground on what we wish to accomplish. In the US, if that means gettting a group into that congress, and that Oval office who are there, even at a small motivation, to serve the people and make the world a bette rplace, then yeah, you look at all this bullshit and you burn it all down. No matter who said what first, or how gross some of the so called good guys were in the past.

If we don't care, choose to turn a blind eye and say fuck it, MAGA, Ok USA, and whatever else, and carry on. Likely its all gonna crash anyhow right, but, BUT, if you lived in the US, and you looked at the guy on TV who got elected, and you search your soul, look at how many of his guys got arrested already, how many good ones quit, how many lies, purposely or out of sheer ignorance this guy tells, if you take into account he uses religion to appease the religious despite being a god damned atheist to the tenth degree.... his failed businesses, his shady conduct, misogyny, racist, elitist behavious, if you can look at all this, and see how its killing the country both Geopolitically and domestically.... you SEE ALL THIS, and still choose to support it.

Well thats cool too I guess, we all have our own reasons for backing a horse.

I just wonder, whats really in the pit of your stomach. Your true deepest thoughts....better yet, how do we as individuals, dig deep enough to truly know ourselves.

Comment

• You had me until your last sentence... and then ... you held back. Give us the answer, the truth serum, how to be honestly self analytical.

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                You had me until your last sentence... and then ... you held back. Give us the answer, the truth serum, how to be honestly self analytical.
                Well if i knew, I'd be a rich man. Truth is, it comes down to a level of self awareness and honesty that is very difficult to come by. Our ego, our sense of self on this planet tends to hold us back on certain levels, some concious, some subconcious.

It's easiest to step back and say its "all shit". Walk away, and exercize what some might call complete apathy however it's only apathetic if you havent committed 100% in your heart to the concept that the whole messy ball of chaos is in the end meaningless, and so very simple when regarded in that fashion. Some dys I feel like this is the true way to look at Politics, society, etc, others, I feel lazy and think that I need to try harder.... but to what ened, again, what is my purpose in doing so?

If we look at society, and I mean all of it, western, eastern, middle eastern...... all together as a living entity, then, it is only an extension of the ever expanding universe, the big bang so to speak...... only on earth, from what we can see and feel...a particle, and atom, a molecule, a tissue, a, system, a complete set of synergistic systems (a living being), a family, a group, a village, a town, a city a province a country a geographical region, earth society.... and it continues to grow out from there.... Alan Watts type vision. If we can look at it all from that angle, we see very little tangible difference in any of us, we are, to each other, as an atom is to another.... and we are together forming something larger. So knowing that, we can then back pedal back to the "living being" segment of that long progression I outlined. Any singular human being will, on average (throwong out the peeps with loose wiring, ted bundy types), on average all people will exhibit the same tendencies when placed in similar surroundnigs.... the more finite being shared by people who share more similar surroundings, i.e. people who live in the same city...and in relation, cities in general.... OR infinitely, where there are a tonne of similarities and differences, we look on larger blocks for similarity, THIS is when the good stuff pops up. We can look at the five basic needs, and we can also observe all people show compassion, love, humanity, competition, agression etc. Howver, for the most part, Human beings are generally pretty good. One on one, we are alomost ALWAYS good to each other.

This is why I say, seemingly just over simplfying, that anyone can look at a situation, i.e. The US President, and immediately sense that he's just not what you need leading a nation of human beings. Its easy. His decisions, and actions oppose most basic human tendencies. Themoment a leader of people starts making decisions that don't resonate with the basic human needs of the whole, he sceases to be a good leader of people. Period. For me thats an easy call, and I don't even need to know what party he's from because it's meaningless.

Anyhow, reading the arguments up there above, about Manafort, McCabe, Comey...all those guys.... I navigate all that using to some extent the same thinking, thus, it's easy to strip all the white noise and just get to the fucking point. Live in this moment. So I do, and so should all of us, including the people who decide if this President stays or goes. Fuck all the noise when the obvious lay in front of you, and if you need to argue that, ya gotta dig deep inside to ask why. Is it because you dislike all people? You don't wish for society as a whole to move forward?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Deep State stuff from that crazy, right wing Russian compromised rag.... The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...an-lied-senate

Here's another of your favourites, James Clapper and getting away scott-free as described by that Russian agent, um, Jonathan Turley.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1045991001/

Go do the rest of the research yourself..... perhaps Vox has an explainer with pictures.

Haha… I can see now where you got that “made man” riff you expounded on the other day.

Do my research? ya think I depend on you researching for me? Egad.

I consider Turley a biased opinionator especially on constitutional law and currently, believes Trump is on solid ground re the National Emergency he called. Enough said. I digress… back to the matter at hand.

In Clapper’s case … his testimony on definition of meta tel. data collection in which he “lied” to protect secret information (collection methods) in open session … is all you have? I will fault him only for answering that question and as with all national security related questioning I have seen… Clapper should have asked for a closed session and answered fully and without hesitation. He of course fairly quickly apologized.

But going back to Turley and his/yours “made man” theorizing. There is a reason why the high national security types (democrat or republican) never face the same wrist slaps as your friends Manafort, Stone, Flynn etc. is because most often most of those interlocutors are in on all the secrets .... at some point they are briefed about them. Group of 8?

Like I was saying, you (as is Turley) are trying to balance the scales with turd in one of the pails… something about “made” vs. “not made”. Good grief. Wonder if he/you would have used the same reasoning if it were democrat crooks getting slapped around and republican spooks …wait they are republican.

Brennan? You had to dig real deep there … 2014. Couldn’t find anything on the current events. Steele dossier perhaps?

As I remember, an enquiry set up by Brennan himself found him and the CIA to have spied on the senate staff. How about that! You do know what they/Brennan were trying to protect? … the CIA torture data the senate was investigating.

The entire torture subject was a shameful exercise by presidents, lawyers who vouched for their legality and CIA who carried them out. How is this “deep state” stuff. Your man Donald just hired Gina Haspel as CIA chief …who refused to answer direct questioning on whether she destroyed those torture tapes containing the very same info Brennan was protecting. Was he wrong? Yes. Have you looked at the other CIA directors? The spy game is fraught.

Are you creating a diversion with these nonsensical arguments? Brennan, Clapper, Comey & McCabe … are being discussed here because they all think (based on good cause I believe) Trump has committed crimes. That’s their job. Trump and presumably you believe they should genuflect before him.

You are being paranoid on this batshit deep state stuff. Haven’t the Republicans held the presidency 30 of the last 50 yrs ?

Enough research for you?

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Stupid anti-vaxxers.

Comment

• AOC insists she DOES live in the Bronx after accusations that neighbors have never met her and mail piles up at her apartment for months
                          Spokesman for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tells DailyMail.com she lives in Bronx
                          Report on Saturday questioned where the freshman congresswoman lives
                          Neighbors have never met her and mailman says letters pile up for months
                          Nearby taqueria says she has only ever come in to be filmed by news crews
                          But AOC spokesman insists she has lived in family's Parkchester condo for years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-met-her.html

Comment

• MMT is an addictive drug. US is extremely rich and trustworthy(credit). Deficits ain't that bad yet, so there are multiple ways to pay for human capital investments. They don't want to talk about that though... I bet "elite" economists are not welcome in the Dem party anymore.

Comment

• meh, Trump won the presidency. He lied the entire time and not once answered a question or even attempted to have opinions that made sense.

Thats the USA baby

Comment

• Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X