Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

    Right, because 3+ years of benghazi/email investigations without a single indictment is chopped liver. In any case, Hilary isn't president.
    Right, because she's a saint outside the one example you mentioned.

    Comment


    • Apollo wrote: View Post

      Right, because she's a saint outside the one example you mentioned.
      Nice strawman you got there.

      Comment


      • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

        Nice strawman you got there.
        I don't want to spend the time in here educate you on all the troubling signs coming from her camp. Do some research. Good luck.

        Comment


        • New York Charges Paul Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.

          https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/n...gtype=Homepage
          “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

          J.M. Keynes

          Comment


          • Shaming Mr. Oliver... another dysfunctional bureaucrat carrying out orders ...




            “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

            J.M. Keynes

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  What's the context? I mean, that's an irresponsible thing to say but what was he responding to?

                  Comment


                  • Politics for today.

                    A kid in the playground at his public school is having a bad day. He has another kid he really doesn't like, she is a bit of a brat, and seems to get away with everything. She even punched another kid one day, and got away with it because she cried and said the other kid started it. So, our little kid, having his bad day, has always wanted some other kids toy car. He never had one of his own, but had no idea how to get it. So, one day, he makes a plan to steal the car from the kid. Why not.

                    So this is the day, he's having a bad one anyhow, so he sneaks into the kids bag when he thinks nobody is watching and steals the car. Unfortunatly for him the kid that owns the toy was watching, and he immediately confronts the kid, who, feeling trapped, lashes out and punched the kid in the face, breaking his glasses and giving him a bloody nose. The teacher intervenes and the child is taken away to be spoken too. When asked why he thought it was ok to steal th car and punch the kid he stole it from, his immediate reaction, as he is only a child, scared and unprepared to take responsibility for his actions, is to refer his teacher to the little girl, who, in his opinion, had done worse and was never taken to task about it. The teacher asked the child if he truly thought that was a good excuse, the child thought about it, and, being a generally good kid, admitted it was a silly thing to say and he began to cry. After some time speaking to the teacher, he was allowed to go with some form of punishement, but with a good life lesson learned.

                    This, to me, is politics in general, and how our politicians operate. More specifically, its Donald Trump, crashing about in the White House, creating his own problems, then using the wrong doings of Hilary Clinton to justify his actions. Children know this is a silly way to behave, grown adults doing the same thing are full on pathetic. Yet, we observe this every day, with a media willing to engage in the argument, as it gives them ratings, instead of just calling it what it is and killing the ridiculous argument in an instant and moving on.

                    We all like to argue, discuss, whatever we do, but the reality is that regardless of the compextity of the world we live in, and how difficult it is to parent a nation of millions, each moment, each decision made still coms down to basic human decency, compassion, and an ability to hold ones own self accountable for our decisions or performance. Why do I over simplify political idea's or comments. I do it because of that, it's simple. Morality isn't complex. Honesty isn't hard. That we as a society have allowed our elected officials to exist without either of these traits is on us. Period. Maybe it's time we take a moment to learn how things truly work, what the issues really are, then start to demand that decisions are being made for our communities well being, and that alone. Until then, nothing changes.

                    Oh, in reply to a post above. People toss words like conservative, or socialist around a little to irresponsibly nowadays. Bernie Sanders is a good candidate. He has to aim beyond his intended mark when he speaks, its whats needed when trying to make progress in a mess. Both Canada and the US use plenty of Socialism already. To say otherwise is just innacurate. What people like Sanders are trying to fight against is MUCH closer to Communism than people truly like to percieve because you have to think abstractly to see it. If you have a society where the balance of wealth is so skewedto one end, that the people who have that welth control everything and are able to keep the masses poor, well that isn't what you all like think "Capitalism" is. People would prefer to stay married to "words". Words like Capitalism, Socialism, Left, right....these are all words with no meaning. They are used to persuade, to placate, and to control masses. Look at what a system is actully doing and how it is operating, THAT is what it is. Not a word. Stay married to the word than you will fall victim to supporting people, or parties that are doing things that you yourself don't even agree with. Stay vigilent in your quest for the truth, both personally, and in your community and you will see things more clearly. Fuck anyone who wishes to hold a position of political power if they have any other motive than serving yours, and your communities best interests. Left, right, or otherwise. Parties are dead.

                    Comment


                    • Apollo wrote: View Post

                      What's the context? I mean, that's an irresponsible thing to say but what was he responding to?

                      Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post

                        Welll, isn't it strange he should be complaining about the left's "nastiness" to a Breitbart editor.


                        Here’s a sample of Breitbart’s work, with actual headlines followed by excerpts from the articles:
                        There are much more (like Tucker Carlson's quotes) ... and with pictures too.
                        “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                        J.M. Keynes

                        Comment


                        • This is too funny...

                          " Trump criticises May’s handling of Brexit, saying he is surprised 'how badly' it has gone


                          In Washington, during a photocall with the Irish prime minister, Leo Varakdar, the US president, Donald Trump said that he was surprised “how badly” Brexit had gone. “I think it could have been negotiated in a different manner,” he said.
                          • Trump criticises May’s handling of Brexit, saying he is surprised “how badly” it has gone.

                          I don't think Trump understands that the Irish PM is against Brexit!!
                          “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                          J.M. Keynes

                          Comment


                          • In regards to Roc's jumbo quote and Tweet from Trump:

                            I think most people aren't doing any 'fighting' at all. They just want to be left alone to live their life in peace. Both sides of power are guilty of hypocrisy. It's a tug of war where anything goes and nothing is remembered unless it serves the current narrative being pushed to reach whatever goals they've set out to achieve.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Yea I saw that show (I watch it regularly) and there is a lot I agree with Maher on but this little piece should have been fleshed out more by him. Part of it is because he has been at the butt end of pc extremism ... which is what the issue really is... and in his case free speech.

                                The term is "social justice worker" and the pejorative is "social justice warrior". Maher used the pejorative without any nuance. There is nothing wrong with "social justice" but certainly social justice extremism is. And now it seems anyone who has sympathy with the notion of social justice gets conflated & labeled with the suffix "warrior". Noah himself I believe does not use the "warrior" term.

                                And it seems the term got coined around 2011 or 14 when this social media thing started to mushroom. Feminists took the first hit. All to say... social justice is a good thing in my view ... the warrior add on is just another label.
                                “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                                J.M. Keynes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X