Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally normal, totally cool.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Totally normal, totally cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D_ctzLBltU
      Wait, Donald Trump lied about something? I have to tell you, I'm taken off guard by this.

Comment

• Its been at least a couple of months since we have seen Sophie Gregoire in public with the Skipster. Melania Trump went radio silent for about 3 weeks and the MSM went on a hunt for her like hounds on the scent. Why oh Why was she was out of sight. Its the publics right to know after all. Most stories were pretty complimentary of course. Was she having cosmetic surgery. ?Was she sending a message to the dick she was married to ? Was she in a fit of pique because policy from her husband precluded more relatives from reaching the USA ? How noble of the 5th estate.

In good old Canada as Sophie has gone into witness protection it seems no one talks about it. The CBC hasn't lifted an investigative finger. The Star, blinders on, soldiers ahead in their defense of the party that funds their monthly line of credit to stay afloat. Global News who lives at the intersection of incompetence and mediocrity hasn't said a word and Lisa LaFlame the Trudeau apologist for CTV says nothing. Distrubing. .

So where is Sophie ? Is she pregnant ? Is Justins only seeming to have periodic access to the kids on weekends portend something else ? The Toronto Star used to have reporters lurk in the dark behind the property line fence at Rob Fords home to look for "hard news" that the public had a right to know... So where are Journo Dale and Heather Mallick or the other lickspittles in the employ of the Star on finding out just whats up with Skippy and Sophie as the public needs to know ?

Just another day in the Life of Skippy McFuckNuts and his stooges in the MSM as the the most ruderless and inept PM the country has ever seen sticks his dick into an open electrical socket on an hourly basis and blames someone else for it. You racists you.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Boys... this iteration of the Democratic Party is finding that the electoral college system that gives an equal voice to smaller and mostly rural states in the Midwest is just so damn inconvenient for them and they want it and those deplorable farmers to go away. Instead of whinning why not look at your policy planks to attract more of these voters into your tent.

Unitl then....Tough noogies.
          I do enjoy the, "Trump is threatening our democratic norms and American institutions!"...... so, "we need to abolish the Electoral College!" and "small states shouldn't have as many senators as big states" stuff. Gold.

Comment

Totally normal, totally cool.

If I were Trump, I'd offer the Dems a deal. I'd release my tax returns as soon as Congress makes public a list of all payment they've made to complainants of sexual harassment and sexual assault along with what member of Congress was involved and what the payout amount was and a description of the conduct. Once that's released, they could have my taxes. Until then, fuck off.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

She won the popular vote, which is like a hockey team getting the most shots in a loss.
              Really? That's terrible metaphorical rhetoric. Could you perhaps name one other modern democracy which employs anything other than a one person/one vote contest to determine a winner (parliamentary system caveat of course).

I trust you are familiar with the origins and creation basis of the electoral college? Something about putting in a system to allow the larger slave owning states who could never achieve electoral significance because their slave populations were not permitted a vote. This of course is an anachronism these years and paradoxically many of those same states now also have smaller populations and also tend to be conservative.

Constitutional changes are further than impossible in the current climate. No serious Dem politics supporter would raise this as a talking point.
              “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Really? That's terrible metaphorical rhetoric. Could you perhaps name one other modern democracy which employs anything other than a one person/one vote contest to determine a winner (parliamentary system caveat of course).

I trust you are familiar with the origins and creation basis of the electoral college? Something about putting in a system to allow the larger slave owning states who could never achieve electoral significance because their slave populations were not permitted a vote. This of course is an anachronism these years and paradoxically many of those same states now also have smaller populations and also tend to be conservative.

Constitutional changes are further than impossible in the current climate. No serious Dem politics supporter would raise this as a talking point.

Flag on the play.

Each legislative tier of the great republic has a check and balance which was thought about by the guys who wrote it...

The Senate gets two reps per state regardless of the states size and it server as a balance against congress which is rep by pop. You acknowledge that you give voice on a proportional basis to where the most people live by giving Congress more legislative powers but they put up a secondary gate in the Senate so one populous state doesn't get its way with everything. Even then the union wasn't so sure about New York ..

The Electoral college is modeled in the same way.... Its scaled to the population but it still gives a voice to the smaller rural states on the presidency. The electoral collge trys to avoid the situation that every favourite son of Virginia didn't win the presidency by winning the popular vote in two states and to hell with the other 11. The fear of tyranny in a central government was a factor then ....

I own hyperbole ... and that one about the slave states having to have B class voting shares because they were slave states likely didn't hold much water 250 years ago in the thinking of the day. Its tough to transpose this eras thinking backwards a couple centrurys in time. The big time land holders in upstate new york sided with their podunk cousins in Carolina and Georgia on that.

THE DNC is going to have hustle and hustle hard to beat the GOP. Its not that the GOP is a well oiled machine or anything... its that the DNC is still wandering in the desert trying to figure out who they are and how they are going to be relevant in the South and the Midwest and the Southwest. If they don't ..

Trumps more a Democrat than a Republican.His insular foreign policy .. His protectionist economy with tarrifs. He just didn't think he could win with the democrats. So he won with the other guys. DNC better find its game or its going to have hit the reset button till 2024.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 10th, 2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• The Republican Party is Trump now, a party of Hannitys and worse - rotten to the core.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Seven years cooped up in that building. It must have felt like a relief for a few seconds before getting into the squad car to face God knows what... This might have triggered the event:
                        It comes a day after Wikileaks said it had uncovered an extensive spying operation against its co-founder at the Ecuadorean embassy.
                        https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737

Meanwhile:
                        U.S. federal prosecutors are fighting a request to unseal an apparent criminal complaint against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
                        The Associated Press and other news outlets have reported that Assange is indeed facing unspecified charges under seal. While the exact charges against Assange remain unclear, WikiLeaks has served as a vehicle for release of thousands of classified U.S. military and diplomatic cables.
                        https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-fed...rges-1.4921765

I think they're likely to make an example out of him to make others think twice.

Comment

• Comment

The Republican Party is Trump now, a party of Hannitys and worse - rotten to the core.
                            As opposed to the party of Van Jones and the WaPo and NYT....Whose self entitled sanctimony and self righteousness which oozes from every syllable written or uttered. If they were sugar diabetics everywhere would be flopping like stranded fish on the beach.

There are two parts to every debate.. Widen your lens my friend... Not everyone who stands up for smaller government and a slower pace of social change is an evil racist, misogynistic, Nazi sympathizer....

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Not everyone who stands up for smaller government and a slower pace of social change is an evil racist, misogynistic, Nazi sympathizer....
                              I would argue most are not. Attacking the person instead of the idea is weak and pointless. It shows either weakness in the person trying to express an idea/stance and/or a weak idea/stance. People from both sides of the coin are guilty of this sort of thing.

Comment

The Republican Party is Trump now, a party of Hannitys and worse - rotten to the core.
                                Hey, how's Governor Coonman and his rapist buddy? Still Governor Coonman of Virginia? How's the raging anti-Semite in Congress? She still on the foreign relations committee? Senator "sleeps with underage hookers" Menendez? He good? Have all your candidates kissed the rings of the racists Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan yet?

Yeah, the plank in one's own eye....

Comment

Working...
                                X