Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bendit wrote: View Post
    You are ascribing words I did not use in my argument. You do not have to accept any argument but with you it seems even historical facts laid out by academics are irrelevant. You are consistent.

    I suggest if you believe the EC is not meaningful to the electoral process then get rid of it and lets not "quibble" with it's origins. Why is the simple concept one person/one vote not acceptable? ... as with any other democratic endeavour out there? Are not all votes of equal value? The reason I suspect you are so vehement about the realities as many historians describe them is that the basis for any win where the EC is in play is in fact tainted precisely because of why it was first put in place ... and no longer relevant.

    Since you are unconvinced of the origins of the electoral college I'll leave you with another historical fact:



    You keep your interpretation. You not only deny the historical reasons of the EC creation but also equivocate about how it now somehow assists in a more vibrant electoral process. Next you will be explaining the plus realities of district gerrymandering and the electoral fraud which resulted in the extra margin of 3.5 million votes cast for the Dems..
    First, you take the 1800 election out of context (you skipped about 100 steps along the way to him ebing elected) but, in any case, your quote illustrates the point I have been making: it wasn't the EC that favored Jefferson rather the distribution of seats in the House, which was part of the compromise of Congress itself being established. The result would have been no different if the plan favored by most founders (congress electing the president) had been implemented over the EC. And, again, none of this has anything to do with the EC of present day because of the 14th amendment.

    There may be good reasons to do away with the Electoral College (though I think it is ingenious when compared to Canada where two cities basically run the federal government) but this slavery nonsense is a bad faith argument smearing an institution because it disfavors your team electorally.

    Comment


    • Apollo wrote: View Post

      Oh no not the Russian boogeymen again... And? So now freedom is only granted if you stay away from certain stories, huh?
      I don't give a fuck if he's defending Russia or not. Dude should've known better that hacking is a crime. Release all secrets about government, but don't slip up. He knew gov will come after him. Get your shit through sources like normal journalist, not by hacking secret government network.

      Comment


      • rocwell wrote: View Post

        I don't give a fuck if he's defending Russia or not. Dude should've known better that hacking is a crime. Release all secrets about government, but don't slip up. He knew gov will come after him. Get your shit through sources like normal journalist, not by hacking secret government network.
        If the New York Times did what he did there would be no charges. If the Washington Post did it, there would be no charges. As far as I can tell, the allegation isn't that he hacked into any system, it is that he urged Manning to do so. Again, if mainstream US media did that there would be no charges. Hell, this entire conspiracy nonsense with Russia has been fed by illegal leaks from Democrats for 3 years, you telling me no journalist ever encouraged them to keep leaking? Gimme a break.

        I'm no Assange fan but he's paying a price only because he's not part of the protected media class.

        Comment


        • The charge is that Assange conspired, and maybe attempted, to break a password on a government computer. Might be flimsy but Rocwell's right - he slipped up.

          Comment


          • Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post

              I don't give a fuck if he's defending Russia or not. Dude should've known better that hacking is a crime. Release all secrets about government, but don't slip up. He knew gov will come after him. Get your shit through sources like normal journalist, not by hacking secret government network.
              Why?
              Why shouldn't he hack?
              When did it become "ok" for elected officials to hide truths from the Public?

              I'm sure I will hear all about "national security" risks to enemies etc but that's all a line of shit that they have been peddling since WW1

              When we lost transparency, we lost true democracy, we lost freedom, and we lost our identities as Humans living within Political borders. The Hidden truths, the secrets, were there to keep quiet the true reasons for decisions today's governments make, and those decisions are not for the greater good, they are are decisions made to keep specific people very, very wealthy.

              People pissing and moaning about Assange make me laugh, it all does.

              Comment


              • Superjudge wrote: View Post

                Why?
                Why shouldn't he hack?
                When did it become "ok" for elected officials to hide truths from the Public?
                Cuz it's illegal. And when did it become ok... Try Augustine's time in Roman Empire 1600 years ago... or should I say empire of lies?

                Anyway... Low standards have always existed in our republics and democracies. Modern World is no exception.
                Last edited by rocwell; Sat Apr 13th, 2019, 09:08 AM.

                Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post

                  Cuz it's illegal. And when did it become ok...
                  It shouldn't be illegal to blow the whistle on illegal activity. Just stop and think about that for a second.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post

                    It shouldn't be illegal to blow the whistle on illegal activity. Just stop and think about that for a second.
                    He's a fucking journalist, not insider. Don't hack, work your sources like everybody else. You will always find insiders who want to blow the whistle. Your job is to tell the story to the World. Not obtain information by breaking the law.

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • rocwell wrote: View Post

                        He's a fucking journalist, not insider. Don't hack, work your sources like everybody else. You will always find insiders who want to blow the whistle. Your job is to tell the story to the World. Not obtain information by breaking the law.
                        Has it been proven he's hacked anything? He's guilty until proven innocent, huh? From what I read these are some very shakey charges. They're going after him for what he represents. That's what this looks like to me.

                        And I should have said "help" blow the whistle. That's what WikiLeaks does.

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post

                          Has it been proven he's hacked anything? He's guilty until proven innocent, huh? From what I read these are some very shakey charges. They're going after him for what he represents. That's what this looks like to me.

                          And I should have said "help" blow the whistle. That's what WikiLeaks does.
                          If charges are 'shakey' then he should fight charges, not extradition. I suspect DOJ will put more charges on his head after arrival to the US though. Espionage act is a red line for me. If US crosses that red line, then everything should be thrown out.

                          Comment


                          • Mayor John Tory just got a bit of taste of real politik from Queens Park in the Ontario Budget.

                            The Citys Chief Magistrate was expecting a little something in his stocking from the provinical coffers via an increased share of the gas tax. What he got was a sobering kick in the ass when Ford said no. Your cut was taken back by the McKenna/Turdeau carbon tax at the pumps. Take it up with them..Johnnys pissed as he should be... but does he have the balls to go after the feds for this... Prolly not.

                            Next week the Alberta electorate does the full Wynne with Rachel Notley on tuesday as she exits stage left to the curb. So of the 35 M folks in Canada ...Skippy now faces 21M of them led by Premier's with big majoritys who oppose his tax grab. BC is still green and saving the whales ... but when they start paying 2 bucks a litre for gas In Surrey John Horgan is going to feel some blowback.... Quebec is waiting it out to see what bribes they can get from an increasingly desperate and erratic Skippy to continue to hold out ... or maybe....they just join the crowd for fear of being left out as the blue wave starts to crest at Cornwall.

                            Poor Skippy..

                            And the Mark Norman trail shenanigans that will most likely show how Butts/Telford and Skippy screwed this guy over for calling them out for letting Skippys bagman Scott "Irving" Brison move a contract to the east coast fiefdom of the Irvings hasn't yet hit the news cycle.

                            The only shoe left to drop after that is finding out Sophie has dumped him for boiking Joly....

                            It sucks to be Skippy
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Apr 13th, 2019, 12:16 PM.

                            Comment


                            • rocwell wrote: View Post

                              If charges are 'shakey' then he should fight charges, not extradition. I suspect DOJ will put more charges on his head after arrival to the US though. Espionage act is a red line for me. If US crosses that red line, then everything should be thrown out.
                              He should fight both. He's not guaranteed a fair trial with this.

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post

                                He's a fucking journalist, not insider. Don't hack, work your sources like everybody else. You will always find insiders who want to blow the whistle. Your job is to tell the story to the World. Not obtain information by breaking the law.
                                you're mad because he didn't "work his sources".
                                GTFOOH

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X