Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

4 seats. don't think NDP will fall that low as they have some pockets of support in Edmonton leth bridge and maybe still somewhat in Calgary. anything could happen I suppose but don't see it being less then 4
    Yeah, they'll win some in Edmonton. Calgary will be a bloodbath. Our NDP candidate was quite literally missing in action, didn't even bother campaigning.

I voted this morning. It was pretty quiet at the polling station but I live in one of the bluest ridings in AB (even though it went orange last time), so it may not be the best barometer.

Comment

• I wish Brian Jean was the leader of the UCP. Kenney is a scumbag, who is worried only about Kenney. I'm gonna need a shower after I vote blue this evening..
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

As opposed to left wing wing nuts....which has been anything but sweet...
        But do you smell that.. .
        Its the smell of panic in the air at LPC HQ.
        I dont pay attention. Its all the same shit

Comment

• Comment

• Very good night. Raps win. Columbus won me a very foolish 500 bet and no moe NDP. Everything is coming up Slaw!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Very good night. Raps win. Columbus won me a very foolish 500 bet and no moe NDP. Everything is coming up Slaw!
              OK.. so your buying virtual beers.
              Pilsner for me. Any country's brand and as llong as its ice cold.. if its not.. whatever you have will be fine.

Comment

OK.. so your buying virtual beers.
                Pilsner for me. Any country's brand and as llong as its ice cold.. if its not.. whatever you have will be fine.
                Sorry, 50% of my virtual beer supply goes to the government and I need the rest for myself....

Most surprising thing last night was when Kenney called out Tides, etc. and specifically named companies like HSBC. That was fantastic. Maybe he's not the scared little red Tory I've always seen him as. We'll see, I'm not that confident he'll be able to do much on the big issue for the province, which is pipelines, cause it's out of his control but he can start to fix all sorts of other issues right away. See how it goes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Sorry, 50% of my virtual beer supply goes to the government and I need the rest for myself....

Most surprising thing last night was when Kenney called out Tides, etc. and specifically named companies like HSBC. That was fantastic. Maybe he's not the scared little red Tory I've always seen him as. We'll see, I'm not that confident he'll be able to do much on the big issue for the province, which is pipelines, cause it's out of his control but he can start to fix all sorts of other issues right away. See how it goes.
                  Its going to go well. I personally feel that the Trudeau effect on the TSX is now being reversed. The market is bouyed as that fops political life time line is now being measured in months. Also what matters a ton... is that JKenny has a pipeline (full pun intended) into Doug Fords Ontario. Ford is a lot of things. But he listens and he can read the political winds like you read the morning sports scores. He sees a LOT of benefit for Ontario with TransMountain and Energy east pipleine projects being viable again. Ford of course wants Ontario to have the 51% .. but he is on board. . There are lots of construction company's and workers in Ontario that would gladly work on the EE pipeline. Refineries in Sarnia see hope. Ford sees votes in those outcomes.

The Montreal - Toronto axis will never evaporate.. but the linkage of common economic interests and small c social advancements linked to a successful resurgence of the oil patch and the material tertiary benefits between the west and east (truly no one in Toronto gives a flying fuck about Vancouver and never will) has Skippy McFuckNuts curled up in a fetal position.

Comment

Its going to go well. I personally feel that the Trudeau effect on the TSX is now being reversed. The market is bouyed as that fops political life time line is now being measured in months. Also what matters a ton... is that JKenny has a pipeline (full pun intended) into Doug Fords Ontario. Ford is a lot of things. But he listens and he can read the political winds like you read the morning sports scores. He sees a LOT of benefit for Ontario with TransMountain and Energy east pipleine projects being viable again. Ford of course wants Ontario to have the 51% .. but he is on board. . There are lots of construction company's and workers in Ontario that would gladly work on the EE pipeline. Refineries in Sarnia see hope. Ford sees votes in those outcomes.

The Montreal - Toronto axis will never evaporate.. but the linkage of common economic interests and small c social advancements linked to a successful resurgence of the oil patch and the material tertiary benefits between the west and east (truly no one in Toronto gives a flying fuck about Vancouver and never will) has Skippy McFuckNuts curled up in a fetal position.
                    Well, I can tell you firsthand that first thing this morning Kenney's guys were out and about directing traffic at various places and the message was simple, 'we have to fix this (the Redwater disaster, pipelines, etc.)'. I don't know what will happen, but some very powerful people were put on notice this morning that they were now responsible to make things happen and, from what I have been involved with, they're taking action already. It's funny when you have adults in charge they know what the problems are and work to fix them. They might be wrong but that's better than a slow death. As the kids say, shit got real....

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Comment

• Yawn. None of it matters when 65% of Americans are denied qulity education.... Trump doesn't need the approval of people who know better.

Idiocracy baby

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Yawn. None of it matters when 65% of Americans are denied qulity education.... Trump doesn't need the approval of people who know better.

Idiocracy baby
                            Denied? College is the most expensive dating service in history. America's public education system sucks too.

I think US badly needs mandatory pre-K. Not free college.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Unfortunately, we do not always have the benefit of voting for elected officials based on their personal comportment and veracity. Sometimes, you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Sometimes, you have to vote for the man who stands with you on policy or even simply who doesn't stand with those whose policies are even worse.

People know who Trump is. They've known for 30 years. People voted for him in spite of, not because of, that. The idea that consciences would be shocked because politicians and their subordinates lie is, well, an idea that only a knave or fool could possibly believe. The idea that anyone is shocked Trump lies and plays dirty pool, well.....

Rather than being perpetually outraged about Trump, people like French should probably ask why their preferred candidates of high moral character (the philandering, lying warmonger John McCain and the corporate raider Mitt Romney) lost elections. Or why Trump beat all of their preferred candidates in 2016. They'd do themselves more good, but introspection is not a strong trait of the American ruling class...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Denied? College is the most expensive dating service in history. America's public education system sucks too.

I think US badly needs mandatory pre-K. Not free college.
                                Don't think pre-K does much. I think better families, parenting, are being overlooked. Most statistics support the notion that children with both a mother and a father as well as a stay-at-home parent are more successful, better socially developed, and more stable. That being said, it's really difficult for people to be able to afford to have one parent stay at home, but at the very least single motherhood must be addressed.

Also, kids don't need college. Unless you want to be a doctor or lawyer, go to a technical school, acquire a marketable skill, and you'll do just fine in the job market. When you graduate with a BA you likely have no vaule to any employer and you're probably >100k in debt. Hopefully people start to realize this.

Comment

Working...
                                X