Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love that Trudeau doesn't take any of Trumps shit, and seems the UK is standing with him with regards to the Boeing-Bombardier issue. Trumps overtly nationalistic agenda could end up hurting them, as the whole "Buy American" thing in the US will likely lead to "Buy anything but American" for every nation outside of the US.

That said, the import tariffs that Boeing is proposing, and the US court seems to be approving, are absolutely bogus and ridiculous.

And I've got history with Bombardier, with zero reason to like them at this point. Lol They've screwed around with Canadian tax payers money far too much for my liking, and we deal with them on a regular basis at work.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 12th, 2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Love that Trudeau doesn't take any of Trumps shit, and seems the UK is standing with him with regards to the Boeing-Bombardier issue. Trumps overtly nationalistic agenda could end up hurting them, as the whole "Buy American" thing in the US will likely lead to "Buy anything but American" for every nation outside of the US.

That said, the import tariffs that Boeing is proposing, and the US court seems to be approving, are absolutely bogus and ridiculous.

And I've got history with Bombardier, with zero reason to like them at this point. Lol They've screwed around with Canadian tax payers money far too much for my liking, and we deal with them on a regular basis at work.
      Yes, it is just another issue which Trump is being obtuse about because he is desperate to show a "win" so he picks on Canada. Does he go after the biggie (China)? He is of course also threatening with NAFTA.

The UK has a big incentive to back Canada...there are 4000 jobs on the line in N. Ireland. I also hear that the Delta deal... the object of Boeing's ire has stated they intend to honor the buy agreement with Bombardier.

Bombardier has always been a mooch as an org. and a very tardy one operationally as well I understand. They certainly squeeze all kinds of grants and tax waivers for the jobs it creates. They have also in the past used the whole l'affaire Quebec as a card to be used with the Feds. I guess they make good planes. There is also an interesting Boeing backstory here too which makes their whole whine on this pretty pitiful.
      Last edited by Bendit; Thu Oct 12th, 2017, 11:06 AM.
      “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/the...ut-nafta-gate/
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Did he read infowars article on Las Vegas shooting? I guess not...

Comment

• Who wants to give me a quick recap why Trump's tax plan will make america great again? Just don't give me that crap on suspension of estate tax cuz that tax only applies to 1% of Americans.

I'd love to see any studies on economic impact of this plan. Obviously it's nearly impossible to predict, but I have serious doubts about this tax proposal. In my opinion, Trump's plan is too weak to jump start the economy again.
              Last edited by rocwell; Thu Oct 12th, 2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Obama officials 'mocked Britain in secret and treated "special relationship" as a joke'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7994876.html

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Obama officials 'mocked Britain in secret and treated "special relationship" as a joke'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7994876.html
                  not surprising, if true. they are a western democracy.

Comment

Who wants to give me a quick recap why Trump's tax plan will make america great again? Just don't give me that crap on suspension of estate tax cuz that tax only applies to 1% of Americans.

I'd love to see any studies on economic impact of this plan. Obviously it's nearly impossible to predict, but I have serious doubts about this tax proposal. In my opinion, Trump's plan is too weak to jump start the economy again.
                    I won't touch your first para...

Everyone says it's vague incl. the WH budget director in other phrasing.

Here is an analysis (abstract) and you probably have to drill down (I have not) into the details at the site.

I believe your immediate take is quite correct. It's just another trickle down plan whose previous iterations have never worked to the benefit of most.

What is astounding here is the projected increase in the deficit. Even I am shocked

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publi...fied-framework

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Here is an analysis (abstract) and you probably have to drill down (I have not) into the details at the site.

I believe your immediate take is quite correct. It's just another trickle down plan whose previous iterations have never worked to the benefit of most.

What is astounding here is the projected increase in the deficit. Even I am shocked

I agree this tax plan looks like it sucks ass.

I love the term trickle-down though. Can you explain what you mean by it and what you propose is a better method?
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• So Trump already wants to cut off FEMA help in Puerto Rico. He says they can't be there forever(80% of PR still has no power, and 1/3 has no clean water)... Just fyi, there are still more than 50 help centres in Texas.

Puerto Ricans are Americans, right!?
                        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Oct 12th, 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

You shouldn't be shocked. Ballsy and smart tax plans usually show projected deficit. If government expects that this plan will make economy to go on steroids - then the balance sheet should look really nice, too. So they don't even look at late-stage projections.

Trump's plan is not ballsy though. If you truly want to jump start a very good economy - you can't just slash corporation tax and give taxpayers in the highest 1% of incomes a tax benefit. From the business standpoint, there are few good provisions. Like that one which would allow businesses(for the next five years) to write off the cost of new equipment. A very much needed 'provision'. It would alone create thousands of jobs.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Thu Oct 12th, 2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

So Trump already wants to cut off FEMA help in Puerto Rico. He says they can't be there forever(80% of PR still has no power, and 1/3 has no clean water)... Just fyi, there are still more than 50 help centres in Texas.

Puerto Ricans are Americans, right!?
                            Because its 2015

Comment

You shouldn't be shocked. Ballsy and smart tax plans usually show projected deficit. If government expects that this plan will make economy to go on steroids - then the balance sheet should look really nice, too. So they don't even look at late-stage projections.

Trump's plan is not ballsy though. If you truly want to jump start a very good economy - you can't just slash corporation tax and give taxpayers in the highest 1% of incomes a tax benefit. From the business standpoint, there are few good provisions. Like that one which would allow businesses(for the next five years) to write off the cost of new equipment. A very much needed 'provision'. It would alone create thousands of jobs.
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                I agree this tax plan looks like it sucks ass.

I love the term trickle-down though. Can you explain what you mean by it and what you propose is a better method?
                                Really? Is that a trick comment? Surely you have heard that before (actually from myself quite possibly..lol). But I aim to help so here's a good def.:

"Trickle-down economics", also referred to as "trickle-down theory", is a term associated with laissez-faire capitalism in general and more specifically supply-side economics. The term is often used to criticize economic policies which favor the wealthy or privileged, while being framed as good for the average citizen.
                                What should we try? How about Trickle-Up economics. What do you think?

J.M. Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                X