Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bendit wrote: View Post
    First bold: Wrong. Mueller was appointed May 2017....and probably needed a month or two to get ramped up.

    Second bold: Hahaha....that's a knee slapper...Clinton's campaign manager was convinced by the Russians not to go to Wisc, Mich, Penn. Can you slip me a link on this news item? You may have heard that those 3 states were "won" by a cumulative of about 70K votes total. The electoral votes they represented did the flip of the election to Trump. Maybe you also did not hear that the Russians had their bots/trolls working those states via Facebook & Twitter.

    http://thehill.com/policy/technology...onsin-michigan


    Again, you have been saying this stuff all year. You really need to widen your news consumption. Hillary C. LOST the election. The exercise now being undertaken is whether the Russians helped her thru her opponent to lose. A good place to start is the hacked emails & WikiLeaks. Cambridge Analytica too.
    Yep, the Russian trolls on Facebook swung the election. You figured it out man. Had nothing to do with how her campaign team ignored warnings that there were problems in states like Michigan or that they miscalculated by wasting time in Iowa and North Carolina instead of playing defense in Wisconsin. Nor did demographics have anything to do with it: all the post election analysis by 538 and others is dead wrong. Some Russian bot memes on Twitter did the trick, though.

    What happened in Florida? Here's my pet theory: years ago, when the Soviets were in Cuba, they developed a time machine that showed them the future: a Hilary Clinton presidency. A presidency that would overthrow the then.... Russian federation. Not bothering to want to find out how to stop the fall of the Soviet Union they sprang into action placing sleeper Cuban agents on boats to the US so that they could live in Florida. These sleeper agents then waited decades for the 2016 election and, in conjunction with Russian instagram posters who had been planned for back in the 70s, conspired to make people vote for Trump.

    Now, I haven't quite figure out North Carolina or Pennsylvania yet but I'm widening my news consumption to include World Weekly News, so it won't be long before I've figured it out...

    Comment


    • slaw wrote: View Post
      Yep, the Russian trolls on Facebook swung the election. You figured it out man. Had nothing to do with how her campaign team ignored warnings that there were problems in states like Michigan or that they miscalculated by wasting time in Iowa and North Carolina instead of playing defense in Wisconsin. Nor did demographics have anything to do with it: all the post election analysis by 538 and others is dead wrong. Some Russian bot memes on Twitter did the trick, though.

      What happened in Florida? Here's my pet theory: years ago, when the Soviets were in Cuba, they developed a time machine that showed them the future: a Hilary Clinton presidency. A presidency that would overthrow the then.... Russian federation. Not bothering to want to find out how to stop the fall of the Soviet Union they sprang into action placing sleeper Cuban agents on boats to the US so that they could live in Florida. These sleeper agents then waited decades for the 2016 election and, in conjunction with Russian instagram posters who had been planned for back in the 70s, conspired to make people vote for Trump.

      Now, I haven't quite figure out North Carolina or Pennsylvania yet but I'm widening my news consumption to include World Weekly News, so it won't be long before I've figured it out...
      The amount of effort that went into this is commendable ... Lol

      Comment


      • slaw wrote: View Post
        Yep, the Russian trolls on Facebook swung the election. You figured it out man. Had nothing to do with how her campaign team ignored warnings that there were problems in states like Michigan or that they miscalculated by wasting time in Iowa and North Carolina instead of playing defense in Wisconsin. Nor did demographics have anything to do with it: all the post election analysis by 538 and others is dead wrong. Some Russian bot memes on Twitter did the trick, though.

        What happened in Florida? Here's my pet theory: years ago, when the Soviets were in Cuba, they developed a time machine that showed them the future: a Hilary Clinton presidency. A presidency that would overthrow the then.... Russian federation. Not bothering to want to find out how to stop the fall of the Soviet Union they sprang into action placing sleeper Cuban agents on boats to the US so that they could live in Florida. These sleeper agents then waited decades for the 2016 election and, in conjunction with Russian instagram posters who had been planned for back in the 70s, conspired to make people vote for Trump.

        Now, I haven't quite figure out North Carolina or Pennsylvania yet but I'm widening my news consumption to include World Weekly News, so it won't be long before I've figured it out...
        The inability to understand that Clinton screwing up and Russia interfering are not mutually exclusive ideas is intriguing to me.

        Like, you know how the Raptors have those games where they suck, and don't deserve to win, and make key mistakes, but it's close down the stretch, and then they lose because of a shitty call or two from the refs? They certainly deserved to lose because they played so terribly for most of it, but, I mean, they should probably have won and the bad reffing still impacted the game.

        Both things can be true. Clinton shit the bed with her approach to the election... and may still have won if not for Russian interference. Why is that so hard to understand? Shit, if Clinton crapped the bed and then won because of Russian interference, even like only slightly because of Russian interference, wouldn't you be pointing out that Russian interference played a part?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          The inability to understand that Clinton screwing up and Russia interfering are not mutually exclusive ideas is intriguing to me.

          Like, you know how the Raptors have those games where they suck, and don't deserve to win, and make key mistakes, but it's close down the stretch, and then they lose because of a shitty call or two from the refs? They certainly deserved to lose because they played so terribly for most of it, but, I mean, they should probably have won and the bad reffing still impacted the game.

          Both things can be true. Clinton shit the bed with her approach to the election... and may still have won if not for Russian interference. Why is that so hard to understand? Shit, if Clinton crapped the bed and then won because of Russian interference, even like only slightly because of Russian interference, wouldn't you be pointing out that Russian interference played a part?
          Foreign governments try to influence politicians all the time. Why were African warlords and Middle Eastern dictators giving millions and millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation? Cause they wanted to fight poverty and listen to Chelsea give speeches about diarrhea? Come on.

          Do I think the criminal gang that runs Russia are good guys? No. Do I think they spy on the US and try to gain leverage to suit their purposes? Of course. Do I think that the Trump campaign met with a slew of people who promised dirt on Clinton? Fuck yeah. Do I think there were some shenanigans going on? Probably. Do I think the Clinton people met with a slew of people who promised dirt on Trump? Fuck yeah. Do I think there were some shenanigans going on? Probably. Politics is dirty and the Clintons and the Trumps, like the Obamas, Bushes and Kennedys before them, are ruthless scumbags.

          But this idea that somehow the incompetents at the Kremlin (evil geniuses in the minds only of anyone who has never visited or lived in Russia) wove some grand conspiracy through facebook ads, twitter bots, Julian Assange, hackers, failed Russian businessmen, Slavic piss party fantasies and the aliens from the Simpsons to elect Donald Trump is beyond lunatic. It deserves the same respect as other conspiracy theories like the JFK assassination, the faked moon landing, the earth is flat guys, the 9/11 losers and the Obama birther movement.

          Comment


          • slaw wrote: View Post
            But this idea that somehow the incompetents at the Kremlin (evil geniuses in the minds only of anyone who has never visited or lived in Russia) wove some grand conspiracy through facebook ads, twitter bots, Julian Assange, hackers, failed Russian businessmen, Slavic piss party fantasies and the aliens from the Simpsons to elect Donald Trump is beyond lunatic. It deserves the same respect as other conspiracy theories like the JFK assassination, the faked moon landing, the earth is flat guys, the 9/11 losers and the Obama birther movement.
            but it does unite victims of the atrocity

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post
              Foreign governments try to influence politicians all the time. Why were African warlords and Middle Eastern dictators giving millions and millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation? Cause they wanted to fight poverty and listen to Chelsea give speeches about diarrhea? Come on.

              Do I think the criminal gang that runs Russia are good guys? No. Do I think they spy on the US and try to gain leverage to suit their purposes? Of course. Do I think that the Trump campaign met with a slew of people who promised dirt on Clinton? Fuck yeah. Do I think there were some shenanigans going on? Probably. Do I think the Clinton people met with a slew of people who promised dirt on Trump? Fuck yeah. Do I think there were some shenanigans going on? Probably. Politics is dirty and the Clintons and the Trumps, like the Obamas, Bushes and Kennedys before them, are ruthless scumbags.

              But this idea that somehow the incompetents at the Kremlin (evil geniuses in the minds only of anyone who has never visited or lived in Russia) wove some grand conspiracy through facebook ads, twitter bots, Julian Assange, hackers, failed Russian businessmen, Slavic piss party fantasies and the aliens from the Simpsons to elect Donald Trump is beyond lunatic. It deserves the same respect as other conspiracy theories like the JFK assassination, the faked moon landing, the earth is flat guys, the 9/11 losers and the Obama birther movement.
              If you think anyone in the Kremlin is dissatisfied with the state of affairs in Russia...

              You can draw all these comparisons to conspiracy theorists all you like, but there is far more evidence of wrongdoing, and intentional wrongdoing (the intention being to get Trump elected), than there is evidence for any of those things you list. Anyone can make a straw man argument comparing anything to conspiracy theories. I could make a post just like yours saying global warming is a conspiracy just like all those things, and I'd be just as wrong to make such a comparison.

              There is an active investigation with guilty pleas already being entered. The US government has been outspoken about the Russians specifically attempting to interfere with the election. To call people conspiracy theorists at this point is a bit of a stretch, never mind the mountain of publicly available suspicious information regarding the Russian connections.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                Yep, the Russian trolls on Facebook swung the election. You figured it out man. Had nothing to do with how her campaign team ignored warnings that there were problems in states like Michigan or that they miscalculated by wasting time in Iowa and North Carolina instead of playing defense in Wisconsin. Nor did demographics have anything to do with it: all the post election analysis by 538 and others is dead wrong. Some Russian bot memes on Twitter did the trick, though.

                What happened in Florida? Here's my pet theory: years ago, when the Soviets were in Cuba, they developed a time machine that showed them the future: a Hilary Clinton presidency. A presidency that would overthrow the then.... Russian federation. Not bothering to want to find out how to stop the fall of the Soviet Union they sprang into action placing sleeper Cuban agents on boats to the US so that they could live in Florida. These sleeper agents then waited decades for the 2016 election and, in conjunction with Russian instagram posters who had been planned for back in the 70s, conspired to make people vote for Trump.

                Now, I haven't quite figure out North Carolina or Pennsylvania yet but I'm widening my news consumption to include World Weekly News, so it won't be long before I've figured it out...





                You are watching too much Tucker.


                If you believe that FaceBook and Twitter were the only quivers in the FSB/KGB/Putin playbook ....

                You also neglected to link me the news piece or investigation where Clinton's campaign manager was convinced by the Russians to keep Hillary away from the aforementioned 3 states.

                You now seem to be making the argument that you are quite aware of Russian subterfuge (I'll add the Chinese and Israeli and Iran, German etc.) and stealing of US state secrets. Indeed this has been going on for a very long time including the US doing exectly the same to others. Bravo, you maybe getting closer.

                However, what you seem to not comprehend yet is that Russia decided to weaponize the results of their intrusion/hacks by directly involving themselves with one of the principals in a national / presidential election. This has already been asserted by the US Intel agencies (incl. the current group of Trump toadies heading the same agencies he previously publicly disparaged).

                Do I have to spell out what the potential boon this is to the Russian state and specifically the thug/chief oligarch Putin? The man in the Oval Office is their personal bitch.

                What is remaining now...and damn I am tired of having to repeat myself ...is that an investigation is on currently to determine how deep the reach was into the Trump campaign and whether there was coordination. One has to be absolutely delusional that there was no cultivation of certain members of the Trump campaign at the highest levels by the Russians. BTW, Mueller also has an "Obstruction of justice" file going.

                Here is a smattering of who either met with or knew of communications with them...Manafort, Gates, Sessions, Flynn, Papadopoulous, Page, Donald Jr., Kushner, Clovis, Gordon, Hicks, Lewandoskie. And these are just the ones we know so far.

                Yes, it was all just a coincidence.

                Amidst all of that historical understanding you laid out ....is one teeny bit of missing criminality. It is absolutely illegal to consort with a foreign government and receive stolen/hacked US property (DNC emails) which you knew to be stolen. This is not permitted oppo research. So, while it is all very well that Clinton and her team may have also acquired oppo research you are gonna have to prove they stole it. I dont think so.

                Follow the money....Trump's weakness and undoing. I hope Mueller has his hands on his tax returns.

                One last item...I knew you were reading the wrong publication/s... it's really the "Weekly, World News" you should get your hands on not the other one.
                “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                J.M. Keynes

                Comment


                • Well. this is interesting....

                  A key witness in the Russia probe had a 'lengthy conversation' with Trump at Mar-a-Lago


                  James Woolsey, the former CIA director who has been cooperating with the special counsel Robert Mueller, had a "lengthy conversation" with President Donald Trump over dinner last weekend at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort.


                  Woolsey, who served on the board of Michael Flynn's lobbying firm, Flynn Intel Group, was at a meeting on September 19, 2016, with Flynn and Turkish government ministers in which they discussed removing the controversial Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen from US soil, Woolsey has said.


                  Mueller's team has interviewed Woolsey about that meeting, and Woolsey has been in touch with the FBI since before Mueller began overseeing the bureau's Russia investigation in May.

                  http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...a-lago-2017-11


                  This is pretty odd since Woolsey has already been talking with Mueller on the Flynn investigation.... so there is no way Mueller did not know in advance about this meeting.

                  Juicy thoughts: Was Woolsey wearing a wire? Why would Trump's lawyers allow this meeting?
                  “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                  J.M. Keynes

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • https://ca.yahoo.com/news/100-millio...212632409.html

                      trudeau saving tax payers more money with an apology and another 100 million. has a new tax for extra small business owners to pay for this one. what a joke of a leader.

                      Comment


                      • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        https://ca.yahoo.com/news/100-millio...212632409.html

                        trudeau saving tax payers more money with an apology and another 100 million. has a new tax for extra small business owners to pay for this one. what a joke of a leader.
                        I have no problem with this apology and $100m compensation. Canada is striving for equality.. most countries have similar deals. Canada is no exception. The question you should be asking... is it more beneficial for a society to strive for equality or not?

                        Comment


                        • rocwell wrote: View Post
                          I have no problem with this apology and $100m compensation. Canada is striving for equality.. most countries have similar deals. Canada is no exception. The question you should be asking... is it more beneficial for a society to strive for equality or not?

                          Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post
                            It depends on what you think equality is. A lot of people don’t think equality involves reparations for the past, but equal treatment by the government. Should Canadian taxpayers really have to pay for something they weren’t involved in and that doesn’t even happen anymore?
                            That's why democratic societies have elections. And if I remember correctly Mr. Trudeau and his party won in a landslide. I believe he promised this during his election campaign. Too bad you do not feel the same.
                            “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                            J.M. Keynes

                            Comment


                            • Bendit wrote: View Post
                              That's why democratic societies have elections. And if I remember correctly Mr. Trudeau and his party won in a landslide. I believe he promised this during his election campaign. Too bad you do not feel the same.

                              Comment


                              • Maury wrote: View Post
                                I guess you aren’t allowed to be upset about anything Donald Trump does by this logic... and if you haven’t noticed a lot of people who voted for him aren’t happy with what he’s doing. Hopefully democracy does its job and Trudeau loses the election next time around. He’ll lose votes to the NDP and the conservatives so I think it will happen.
                                I believe I was addressing a very specific issue here...and made a broader point about elections. Any disagreements with Trump within his band of merry voters is because of his boorish character. Even they cannot believe they voted for a huckster. Yes, occasionally democracy can provide a surprise....never mind outside interference which is still being investigated.

                                Re the next elections here ...it's a couple of years away so we'll see if your prognosis holds water.
                                “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

                                J.M. Keynes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X