Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    My business is between china and Africa. I am fine with nafta. If trudeau wants to ruin the Canadian economy by trying to force America with their idiot gender and climate ideas then I am all for it.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    What does that have to do with free trade or the mutual benefit there of? Am I missing something?
    Did Trudeau suggest that he's ending NAFTA unless America signs on to the Canadian Liberal party's social policies?
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 23rd, 2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      What does that have to do with free trade or the mutual benefit there of? Am I missing something?
      Did Trudeau suggest that he's ending NAFTA unless America signs on to the Canadian Liberal party's social policies?
      You said I would see what his deeds do when nafta ends. A free trade deal between Canada and America won't affect my income.

From all I have read his progressive policies are the biggest stumbling block. If nafta ends I put most of the blame on our government, and Mexico. Right now those two countries are using the leverage they think they have by banding together, which is not wrong, but they don't have leverage.

When nafta ends I can almost guarantee America and Mexico get a deal done before Canada and Mexico or Canada and America get one done.

Comment

You said I would see what his deeds do when nafta ends. A free trade deal between Canada and America won't affect my income.

From all I have read his progressive policies are the biggest stumbling block. If nafta ends I put most of the blame on our government, and Mexico. Right now those two countries are using the leverage they think they have by banding together, which is not wrong, but they don't have leverage.

When nafta ends I can almost guarantee America and Mexico get a deal done before Canada and Mexico or Canada and America get one done.

Oh, yeah, Mexico is in love with America and Trump in particular right now.
        MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Donald Trump’s habit of slapping down Mexico is feeding nationalist sentiment in the country’s presidential election campaign, prompting contenders to defy him and strengthening the hand of the frontrunner, who is courting the anti-establishment vote.

In the past week, the three top contenders for the July election have all said Mexico will not pay for the wall the U.S. president wants to build on the U.S. southern border. None has made the point more forcefully than Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, a veteran leftist leading the opinion polls.

A victory for Lopez Obrador, who was runner-up in 2006 and 2012, could usher in a more distant and confrontational relationship between the two nations as he promises to lessen Mexico’s economic dependence on foreign powers.
        “Without being disrespectful, we’re going to put him in his place,” Lopez Obrador said of Trump on Thursday in the Gulf of Mexico port of Veracruz, the scene of a notorious national humiliation when U.S. forces occupied it in 1914.
        Lopez Obrador, who said earlier this month he would put an end to what he called puppet governments in Mexico taking instructions “from abroad,” promised to hit back against Trump’s barbs and tell the American “what I think” on Twitter.

A December survey by polling firm Parametria gave Lopez Obrador an 11 percentage point lead, while another last week by Mitofsky gave him a three point advantage, but growing.
        This week presidential hopeful Ricardo Anaya of the conservative National Action Party (PAN), who heads a left-right coalition, and the ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party’s (PRI) contender, Jose Antonio Meade, also weighed in.

“Mexico will NOT under any circumstances pay for that wall,” Meade said on Twitter on the day Lopez Obrador was in Veracruz.

Few issues unite Mexicans more than dislike of Trump, who kicked off his presidential bid in 2015 by accusing the country of sending rapists and drug runners across the U.S. border.
        https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FC219
        We know how mature Trump is, we know he's not swayed by criticism in the least. Nor is he petty. He never partakes in a race to the bottom.

Comment

Oh, yeah, Mexico is in love with America and Trump in particular right now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1FC219
          We know how mature Trump is, we know he's not swayed by criticism in the least. Nor is he petty. He never partakes in a race to the bottom.
          None of this will matter when free trade between Canada, America, and mexico ends.

80% of the Mexican deports and 50% of imports depend on American trade.

All the "fuck trump" populist garbage will mean shit when the people see the consequences.

It is easy for people to say "i will move out of the states if trump wins" no one did. It is easy to say "fuck Trump" and have only gains to make, the next Mexican leader is going to have to deal with trump and when his people are suffering he will make a deal.

Comment

• You're missing something very fundamental. Mexican exports lead to more affordable prices in America. It costs far more to produce those products in America. You will see the cost of living rise by a significant amount if NAFTA is terminated because how can it not?

Literal walls may very well keep out unwanted visitors but figurative walls keep out valuable opportunities.

Comment

You're missing something very fundamental. Mexican exports lead to more affordable prices in America. It costs far more to produce those products in America. You will see the cost of living rise by a significant amount if NAFTA is terminated because how can it not?

Literal walls may very well keep out unwanted visitors but figurative walls keep out valuable opportunities.
              Not really, just more Chinese and Vietnamese imports to America. You can buy whatever you need easier than you can find buyers for whatever you sell.

If everything was cheaper coming from Mexico there would be no made in China label. Avocado prices, tequila, and other Mexican staples will increase in price, and people will buy less of them, this will hurt Mexico because they will sell less produce.

The family staples don't come from Mexico. No one imports Mexican milk and eggs.

If Mexico was the one who the Americans depended on for their economy then you would have an argument, but they aren't. The same goes for Canada.

Comment

• Well if the true goal in this is to level the playing field for American production by way of tariffs, how can Trump allow cheap good to come in from Asia. Isn't that the same theme?

Comment

Well if the true goal in this is to level the playing field for American production by way of tariffs, how can Trump allow cheap good to come in from Asia. Isn't that the same theme?

Trump's goal is to get a good deal for America, trudeau's goal should be to get a good deal for Canada, and not force his personal political views on others, and the goal of Mexico's President is to get the best deal for Mexico.

Comment

• Anyone who's done any training in negotiations or has any experience in negotiating knows that for a truly long lasting, healthy and mutually beneficial outcome your goal is not to crush your opponent. In fact, the person across the table isn't your opponent at all, that person is your partner in growth.

Also, you didn't answer my question. What's special about the cheap goods coming from Asia?

Comment

• Donald Trump pledged to "Make America Great Again." The world thinks he is doing the opposite.

The United States slips in this year's U.S. News Best Countries ranking, dropping to the No. 8 spot after falling one position from its 2017 ranking. Switzerland, an island of stable prosperity in a world of turmoil, remains the Best Country, according to a global survey of more than 21,000 persons.

The reasons for America's drop – the second straight year its ranking dipped – are fueled by the world's perceptions of the country becoming less progressive and trustworthy, more politically unstable and a president who after just a year in office is far more unpopular than any other head of state or company CEO.
                      As in 2017, Canada remains the No. 2 in the survey. Germany, as it was in 2016, is perceived as the most powerful country in Europe – surpassing the U.K. to place at No. 3 overall, while the U.K. drops to No. 4. Japan rounds out the top five, the highest finish for a nation in Asia, a region which survey respondents increasingly believe holds many of the keys to the world's future. At No. 6 is Sweden and Australia moves up to the No. 7 position, surpassing the U.S.
                      https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...tries-rankings

Comment

Anyone who's done any training in negotiations or has any experience in negotiating knows that for a truly long lasting, healthy and mutually beneficial outcome your goal is not to crush your opponent. In fact, the person across the table isn't your opponent at all, that person is your partner in growth.

Also, you didn't answer my question. What's special about the cheap goods coming from Asia?
                        Nothing special about goods coming from Asia. Same as nothing special about goods coming from Mexico.

If we lived in a dystopian future where every country agreed they were only countries in name, then we could make everything as fair as possible. As it stands I want Canada to get the best deal for itself in every single international treaty we sign.

Comment

• Oh, surprise, surprise.

Comment

Nothing special about goods coming from Asia. Same as nothing special about goods coming from Mexico.

If we lived in a dystopian future where every country agreed they were only countries in name, then we could make everything as fair as possible. As it stands I want Canada to get the best deal for itself in every single international treaty we sign.

There is something special about Mexican and Canadian good. It has to do with long standing relationships which have worked mostly... Well the Canada/America relationship has anyway. Canada is going around Trump and now is stealing market share in other markets. I expect this to continue and will hurt America.

Comment

Oh, surprise, surprise.

Comment

If nafta ends I put most of the blame on our government, and Mexico.
                                Geezus, you can't even blame Trump when it's OBVIOUS who deserves blame here? There is only one reason why a highly successful NAFTA would come to an end, and that is Trump. Full stop. End of discussion in my books.

Comment

Working...
                                X