Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Geezus, you can't even blame Trump when it's OBVIOUS who deserves blame here? There is only one reason why a highly successful NAFTA would come to an end, and that is Trump. Full stop. End of discussion in my books.
    No, I agree with their decision to pull out and renegotiate. The agreement allows for that. If that is what the basis of why nafta comes to an end, then ok, but it isn't. Two countries are angry that one country who feels that they are being taken advantage of, or economics of the deal no longer work for them is pulling out of the deal.

Those two countries are now trying to leverage being 2 against 1 into better deals for themselves. One country is more than willing to let the agreement expire and negotiate one on one with the others.

I don't know what Mexico is pushing on their side, I know what turdo is doing on our side. His agenda has nothing to do with international trade, and everything to do with politics.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      No, I agree with their decision to pull out and renegotiate.
      I know what turdo is doing on our side. His agenda has nothing to do with international trade, and everything to do with politics.
      First point; I thought your interests were in seeing Canada get the best deal? Why then would you commend (and stump for) Trump for pulling out and trying to renegotiate? Not exactly in Canadas best interests.

To the second point; Not at all my understanding of the negotiations, so can you please provide some references then, and maybe elaborate as to what specifically Trudeau (Turdo? Really? Lol Lamest nickname ever Lol) has suggested with regards to NAFTA that you take such umbrage too, rather than just throwing a bunch of weird non-starters out there? Lol
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 23rd, 2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

First point; I thought your interests were in seeing Canada get the best deal? Why then would you commend (and stump for) Trump for pulling out and trying to renegotiate? Not exactly in Canadas best interests.

To the second point; Not at all my understanding of the negotiations, so can you please provide some references then, and maybe elaborate as to what specifically Trudeau has suggested with regards to NAFTA that you take such umbrage too, rather than just throwing a bunch of weird non-starters out there? Lol
        I agree with America with drawing from the agreement because it is in their best interest. Canada could have done it if it felt it was being treated unfairly, obviously didn't feel that way, or our leaders are incompetent to the point that bad deals are allowed to continue.

Now that the negotiations have started I want Canada to get the best deal, and if things like this

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...otiations.html

and this

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4238866

Are what our leaders are trying to get as concessions from the Americans then we are not going to get the best deal.

Comment

I agree with America with drawing from the agreement because it is in their best interest. Canada could have done it if it felt it was being treated unfairly, obviously didn't feel that way, or our leaders are incompetent to the point that bad deals are allowed to continue.

Now that the negotiations have started I want Canada to get the best deal, and if things like this

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...otiations.html

and this

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4238866

Are what our leaders are trying to get as concessions from the Americans then we are not going to get the best deal.
          Thank you for providing those. At least I now know what the heck you are talking about. Lol

I know we have a Gender Chapter in our Trade Agreement with Chile (and probably others), and it generally seems reasonable, but I could very easily see this as a "nice to have", and that is perfectly good negotiating tactic - throw everything on the table, even stuff you could live without, and then pull some stuff off when you want something back - I would expect this was the first sacrificial inclusion, as we haven't heard a peep about it in months (I couldn't find anything more recent than November).

As for Climate Change inclusions, that makes sense to me, as it is impossible for our guys to compete with an opponent when the rules are different for both teams - the US would have a huge advantage if they don't have the same rules that we do (see China with their labor laws as an example)... common sense rules at that, but that's a debate unto itself. But again, I could see this being a sacrificial lamb when compared to the larger items.

But lets be honest - Trudeau could score the golden deal, best deal imaginable, and you would still find something to be upset with him about, no? Lol
          Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 23rd, 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Thank you for providing those. At least I now know what the heck you are talking about. Lol

I know we have a Gender Chapter in our Trade Agreement with Chile (and probably others), and it generally seems reasonable, but I could very easily see this as a "nice to have", and that is perfectly good negotiating tactic - throw everything on the table, even stuff you could live without, and then pull some stuff off when you want something back - I would expect this was the first sacrificial inclusion, as we haven't heard a peep about it in months (I couldn't find anything more recent than November).

As for Climate Change inclusions, that makes sense to me, as it is impossible for our guys to compete with an opponent when the rules are different for both teams - the US would have a huge advantage if they don't have the same rules that we do (see China with their labor laws as an example)... common sense rules at that, but that's a debate unto itself. But again, I could see this being a sacrificial lamb when compared to the larger items.

But lets be honest - Trudeau could score the golden deal, best deal imaginable, and you would still find something to be upset with him about, no? Lol
            Disagree. If he gets a deal done that gets more Canadians more money I would commend him.

Comment

No, I agree with their decision to pull out and renegotiate. The agreement allows for that. If that is what the basis of why nafta comes to an end, then ok, but it isn't. Two countries are angry that one country who feels that they are being taken advantage of, or economics of the deal no longer work for them is pulling out of the deal.

Those two countries are now trying to leverage being 2 against 1 into better deals for themselves. One country is more than willing to let the agreement expire and negotiate one on one with the others.

I don't know what Mexico is pushing on their side, I know what turdo is doing on our side. His agenda has nothing to do with international trade, and everything to do with politics.

It's not one country. It's one man. No one mentioned anything about NAFTA until Trump. It wasn't an issue.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                It's not one country. It's one man. No one mentioned anything about NAFTA until Trump. It wasn't an issue.
                Pretty sure he spoke about nafta on the campaign trail and was elected president

Comment

• I am surprised this item didn't come up...

"Major automakers urge Trump administration: don't ditch NAFTA"

https://ca.reuters.com/article/busin...BN1F42MI-OCABS
                  “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

Oh, surprise, surprise.
                    No surprise.....No surprise.

This was released ala Trump procedure to deflect again the news that Mueller just finished interviewing Sessions and is all set to interview Trump.

The following link will show once again that these two Reps. have absolutely nothing in terms of the hot button allegations in the tweet. They even admit they are surmising ...whatever..."secret society"??? Oh boy! And its the same 2 agents who got fired (and were having an affair). Stormy Daniels might have been a better analogy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ety_texts.html
                    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

Oh, surprise, surprise.
                      Can you imagine if 50,000 records from the Trump White House just went missing? Fucking Bendit would be up in arms screaming "Kompramat!!! Kompramat!!!!!".....

Not sure if you pointed out but the NSA also misplaced records it was under a court order to preserve in a totally separate matter. Remember, these are the top people DanH tells us should make decisions cause they are better than us....

Comment

• Strzok and Page, who were allegedly having an affair with each other, left or were removed from the Robert Mueller probe in the summer of 2017. Printouts of text messages between these two from August 2015 to December 2016 were given to members of Congress Friday evening, according to a letter by Sen. Ron Johnson. Text messages between the two from December 14, 2016 to May 17, 2017 were reportedly lost due to a technical glitch on the FBI’s part.

“The loss of records from this period is concerning because it is apparent from other records that Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page communicated frequently about the investigation,” Johnson wrote.

Gowdy said the explanation for the missing text messages may be fishier than the official explanation, saying he saw Strzok and Page discuss getting rid of texts in a printout of the messages he and other members of Congress received last week.

“Lay aside this glaring five-month gap in text that the world’s premier agency somehow missed” the bias of these agents, Gowdy began. “What Johnny and I saw today was a text about not keeping texts. We saw more manifest bias against President Trump all the way through the election into transition.”

“It’s a strange coincidence,” Ratcliffe said. “It’s possible these these messages that were missing, perhaps it is a strange coincidence.”

“It makes it harder and harder to explain one strange coincidence after another,” he said.
                        http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/23/...keeping-texts/

Comment

• with the Washington wagons circling the agency to protect it from charges of corruption. This time, the appropriate tag line is “too big to believe.”

Yet each day brings credible reports suggesting there is a massive scandal involving the top ranks of America’s premier law enforcement agency. The reports, which feature talk among agents of a “secret society” and suddenly missing text messages, point to the existence both of a cabal dedicated to defeating Donald Trump in 2016 and of a plan to let Hillary Clinton skate free in the classified email probe.

If either one is true — and I believe both probably are — it would mean FBI leaders betrayed the nation by abusing their powers in a bid to pick the president.

More support for this view involves the FBI’s use of the Russian dossier on Trump that was paid for by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. It is almost certain that the FBI used the dossier to get FISA court warrants to spy on Trump associates, meaning it used the opposition research of the party in power to convince a court to let it spy on the candidate of the other party — likely without telling the court of the dossier’s political link.

Even worse, there is growing reason to believe someone in President Barack Obama’s administration turned over classified information about Trump to the Clinton campaign.

As one former federal prosecutor put it, “It doesn’t get worse than that.” That prosecutor, Joseph *diGenova, believes Trump was correct when he claimed Obama aides wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower.

These and other elements combine to make a toxic brew that smells to high heaven, but most Americans don’t know much about it. Mainstream media coverage has been sparse and dismissive and there’s a blackout from the same Democrats obsessed with Russia, Russia, Russia.

Partisan motives aside, it’s as if a scandal of this magnitude is more than America can bear — so let’s pretend there’s nothing to see and move along.

But, thankfully the disgraceful episode won’t be washed away, thanks to a handful of congressional Republicans, led by California Rep. Devin Nunes, chairman of the House’s Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. After he accused the FBI of stonewalling in turning over records, the bureau relented, at least partially.

The result was clear evidence of bias against Trump by officials charged with investigating him and Clinton. Those same agents appear to have acted on that bias to tilt the election to Clinton.

In one text message, an agent suggests that Attorney General Loretta Lynch knew while the investigation was still going on that the FBI would not recommend charges against Clinton.

How could she know unless the fix was in?
                          https://nypost.com/2018/01/23/eviden...ng-at-the-fbi/

Comment

• A little flashback to 2016:

(CNN)A meeting this week between Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton is creating headaches for Hillary Clinton's campaign.

Lynch and Bill Clinton met privately in Phoenix Monday after the two realized they were on the same tarmac, an aide to the former president said. The encounter took place ahead of the public release Tuesday morning of the House Benghazi Committee's report on the 2012 attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya.

The meeting is raising questions about whether the independence of the Justice Department, which is conducting an investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email server, might have been compromised.
                            http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politi...nch/index.html

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Can you imagine if 50,000 records from the Trump White House just went missing? Fucking Bendit would be up in arms screaming "Kompramat!!! Kompramat!!!!!".....

Not sure if you pointed out but the NSA also misplaced records it was under a court order to preserve in a totally separate matter. Remember, these are the top people DanH tells us should make decisions cause they are better than us....
                              Bendit cries its theatrics but they have an informant, a whistle blower.

Comment

Bendit cries its theatrics but they have an informant, a whistle blower.
                                Perfect. Make it official. Initiate legal proceedings now. Stop talking and take action.

Comment

Working...
                                X