Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    This is awesome:
    Kudos to BK for allowing themselves to get blasted by customers, for the greater good. lol

Comment

• This is priceless. Hannity is such a hack.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Funny that so many people are talking about one page memo w/o reading the bill first... Most immigration law changes are already explained in that anti-immigrant 300+ page bill(Not raise act, I wrote about it few pages back, can't remember the name) Dems will never agree to any deal based on that bill cuz of criminalization tactics, so I think Trump's one-page memo sends a clear signal that he's ready to work with Dems to get $25B for the wall. Again, there's a much bigger play here now... I wouldn't be surprised if Trump showed support for DREAM act in exchange for $25B. #panicmove
        Anti-immigrant. LOL. You ever try to immigrate to Canada? Or, well, any other country in the world? Hell, trying to get work visas in many countries is next to impossible but Americans wanting to put some reasonable restrictions on illegal immigration is "anti-immigrant". Okay.

The Dems should definitely shut down the government again over this. I think that's a great plan. In fact, they should keep doing it right up until November.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Anti-immigrant. LOL. You ever try to immigrate to Canada? Or, well, any other country in the world? Hell, trying to get work visas in many countries is next to impossible but Americans wanting to put some reasonable restrictions on illegal immigration is "anti-immigrant". Okay.

The Dems should definitely shut down the government again over this. I think that's a great plan. In fact, they should keep doing it right up until November.
          Clearly you haven't read the text in full. I have no problem with stopping illegal immigration. Lol that bill is not even about visas. It's mostly about general immigration laws, bureaucracy and ICE. But it's definitely an anti-immigrant bill(cuz of criminalization part) and in my opinion, it's a very very weak one. Gangbangers section is weak and embarrassing. Juvenile delinquency laws left untouched. Most immigrant gangsters are using juvenile delinquency laws to pass admissibility test. And then there's criminalization part. Absolutely bonkers. They want to put immigrants to jail for failing to update their address within 10 days. First offence 6 months jail sentence(likely sentence would be $2000 fine, but that's a misdemeanor anyway), 2nd offence is a felony and carries 2 years jail sentence. And that's just a small part.

Just to be clear, I don't have any problems with something like this and more..:

“(b) Reentry Of Criminal Offenders.—Notwithstanding the penalty provided in subsection (a), if an alien described in that subsection was convicted before such removal or departure—

“(1) for 3 or more misdemeanors or for a felony, the alien shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

“(2) for a felony for which the alien was sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 30 months, the alien shall be fined under such title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both;

“(3) for a felony for which the alien was sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 60 months, the alien shall be fined under such title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; or

“(4) for murder, rape, kidnapping, or a felony offense described in chapter 77 (relating to peonage and slavery) or 113B (relating to terrorism) of such title, or for 3 or more felonies of any kind, the alien shall be fined under such title, imprisoned not more than 25 years, or both.

“(c) Reentry After Repeated Removal.—Any alien who has been denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed 3 or more times and thereafter enters, attempts to enter, crosses the border to, attempts to cross the border to, or is at any time found in the United States, shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
          That section is fine... but tell me... what kind of government jails legal immigrants for "administrative offences"? That's not even a thing in the Western World. Fucking stupid.
          Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 26th, 2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Laura Huhtasaari, a 38-year-old former teacher, is trying to bring anti-immigration populist ideas back to mainstream Finnish politics and her campaign for the presidency has seen her reputation soar ahead of the first round of voting on Sunday.

Her Finns Party has employed tactics from a variety of populist politicians, echoing Donald Trump with her “Finland first” slogan and French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen, who used nationalism as a key theme in her campaign.

Her eurosceptic rhetoric sounds a lot like that of former Ukip leader Nigel Farage, even telling of her admiration for the 53-year-old’s Brexit campaign as she told supporters to “take their country back”.

She said: “I look at Nigel Farage’s example. It took 17 years, but Brexit came.

“I don’t plan to wait that long.”
            https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...eu-immigration

The foundation continues to crumble.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

EDIT: my bad
              Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jan 26th, 2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• https://ca.news.yahoo.com/religious-...191428770.html

Just need one judge to say this anti abortion views disqualifies an entity from summer jobs grants is against freedom of religion and bam, Justine owes every religious person who applies for a summer jobs grant 10.5 million.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Jan 26th, 2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Make Arsenal Great Again? MAGA!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/religious-...191428770.html

Just need one judge to say this anti abortion views disqualifies an entity from summer jobs grants is against freedom of religion and bam, Justine owes every religious person who applies for a summer jobs grant 10.5 million.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
                    Except it's not a violation of 'freedom of religion' because, nobody is being prevented from practicing their religion.

Comment

Ugh, nationalism is a curse.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Except it's not a violation of 'freedom of religion' because, nobody is being prevented from practicing their religion.
                        No, they are because they're forcing people to sign onto things counter to their beliefs to gain access to funding they and others who share their views supported through tax dollars. Religion isn't about sitting in a fancy building and listening to someone read from a book at the front.

It's tolerance through intolerance.

People who truly believe in their religion cannot check the box and so they're being discriminated due to religious belief. This is one example of why the Liberals will lose their power. Its also an example of why minority governments are far superior to majorities. People have to work together in a minority.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 26th, 2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

No, they are because they're forcing people to sign onto things counter to their beliefs to gain access to funding they and others who share their views supported through tax dollars. Religion isn't about sitting in a fancy building and listening to someone read from a book at the front.

Tolerance through intolerance.
                          Tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund discriminatory groups.

If a religious group is anti-LGBT, knock yourselves out, religious group. Believe whatever you want. Just don't expect the government to pay for your ability to discriminate.

Comment

Tax dollars shouldn't be used to fund discriminatory groups. If a religious group is anti-LGBT, knock yourselves out, religious group. Believe whatever you want. Just don't expect the government to pay for your ability to discriminate.
                            You can be against abortion and not be a discriminatory group. It's a religious belief. One could accuse the Liberal party as being a discriminatory group in that case because they believe in abortion and they're preventing people who don't from receiving government funding.

How many times have you been asked about your views on abortion or LGBTQ while in an interview? People agree to disagree all the time and come together to get work done. This is a major overstep by the Liberals.

Comment

If a religious group is anti-LGBT, knock yourselves out, religious group. Believe whatever you want. Just don't expect the government to pay for your ability to discriminate.
                              You changed your post so I'll respond to this above.

This is the problem with some on the left. Its black or white: either your with us or you're a fucking hateful piece of shit who deserves no rights or even mercy.

There's no in between with the "tolerant" intolerant. Just because you have a belief that is counter to something does not make you anti whatever the hell it is. You know there are people out there who just want to be left alone to believe what they want and they want others to go ahead and believe what they want. I think most people fit this category.

Comment

You can be against abortion and not be a discriminatory group. It's a religious belief. One could accuse the Liberal party as being a discriminatory group in that case because they believe in abortion and they're preventing people who don't from receiving government funding.

How many times have you been asked about your views on abortion or LGBTQ while in an interview? People agree to disagree all the time and come together to get work done. This is a major overstep by the Liberals.
                                Beliefs aren't sacred. The problem is when beliefs are treated as sacred.

An LGBT person can't change their sexual orientation. But a religious person can change his/her beliefs. They just choose not to.

Anyways, I admit I'm not well-versed in the details of Trudeau's policy, so I can't discuss specifics. But I'm interpreting this as a way to weed out hate groups from government funding.

Do you hate LGBT?
                                Do you hate women?
                                Do you hate minorities?
                                Do you hate whatever?
                                Etc.

If you answered yes to any of the above, please proceed to door number 2, and collect your 'denied' stamp.

Like you said earlier, the Government is no longer tolerating the intolerant.

Comment

Working...
                                X