Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS polled after Trump's address:

I never watched it yet, what did you all think?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Correct, but I'm just sticking with the theme of blaming "Justine" for everything
      Haha.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        But again, no one is asking if these organizations "agree", "believe", what they're denomination is, none of that, so I don't see how this is discriminating at all. Its really just asking if they do or plan to discriminate against others; if yes, then go nuts you just don't get grant funding; if not, then great, you're in the money.
        Except that they are the governmemt and aren't allowed to refuse public funding based on what someone might believe.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          2(a) - Trudeau is not preventing anyone from practicing their religion.
          2(b) - Trudeau is not preventing anyone from free thought/belief.
          I would argue that the Trinity Western case is dispositive on the first point that a person cannot be denied or deprived of a governmental benefit as a result of that person's religious beliefs alone, which is what the point of this application is.

The compelled speech case is tougher as courts are all over the palce in Canada on this in terms of saving certain breaches of the Charter but the SCC has been clear that: "anything that forces someone to express opinions that are not their own is a “penalty that is totalitarian and as such alien to the tradition of free nations like Canada even for the repression of the most serious crimes.” National Bank of Canada v. Retail Clerks’ International Union et al. (1984) SCC; Slaight Communications Inc. v. Davidson (1989) SCC.

Again, it's a clear breach of 2(b). Might be savable under Section 1 but I would argue it isn't.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I've been consistently left my whole life, socially and economically, and agnostic. To me, the policy we're discussing reads as, at best, a sloppily conceived and executed initiative that unintentionally discriminates against someone who's pro-life by compelling them to say they agree with something they don't agree with. And at worst - all of the above wasn't unintentional, but completely intentional.
            Obviously completely intentional, we will see the unintended consequences when mosques refuse to say they are anti abortion and still want government grants.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Except that they are the governmemt and aren't allowed to refuse public funding based on what someone might believe.
              It has nothing to do with "Believe". Are you just ignoring that part on purpose? Lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                CBS polled after Trump's address:

I never watched it yet, what did you all think?
                Oh, my favourite thing was the Democratic response.

First of all, they threw out Mayor Quimby's kid. "it's pronounced DREAM-AH! DREAM-AH! I'll kill you if you don't say DREAM_AH!".

Then, LOL, they put him in front of a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Jesus Christ that was funny. I mean, bravo to the staffer who thought putting a Kennedy in front of a fucking car wreck was a good idea. That's a bold move, Cotton. I wonder why it's hood was up? Maybe the engine got flooded?! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Hopefully they managed to get the dead body out of the trunk before the shoot. I mean, the only thing that would have been better is if they put the hookers and blow right on stage. Fucking hilarious. In the time of #METOO hashtags, etc. they put up a goddamn Kennedy, in front of a car wreck. I can't even imagine what they were thinking.

Though, it does solidify one of my pillars of understanding current US politics: 1. Trump is not a Republican. 2. The Democrats have temporarily lost their minds.

Comment

Obviously completely intentional
                  LOL is it though? Or just through the distorted lenses of your personal beef with Trudeau?

Comment

Obviously completely intentional, we will see the unintended consequences when mosques refuse to say they are anti abortion and still want government grants.

If Trudeau bends for mosques but not churches, then I will join you in your Justine-bashing

Comment

• As for Trump. It went on way too long but he pushed his agenda that he ran on, trumpeted good news stories and he had some good scripted lines. Didn't say "I" 50,000,000 times like the last guy.

Solid B. Maybe B+.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Oh, my favourite thing was the Democratic response.

First of all, they threw out Mayor Quimby's kid. "it's pronounced DREAM-AH! DREAM-AH! I'll kill you if you don't say DREAM_AH!".

Then, LOL, they put him in front of a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Jesus Christ that was funny. I mean, bravo to the staffer who thought putting a Kennedy in front of a fucking car wreck was a good idea. That's a bold move, Cotton. I wonder why it's hood was up? Maybe the engine got flooded?! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Hopefully they managed to get the dead body out of the trunk before the shoot. I mean, the only thing that would have been better is if they put the hookers and blow right on stage. Fucking hilarious. In the time of #METOO hashtags, etc. they put up a goddamn Kennedy, in front of a car wreck. I can't even imagine what they were thinking.

Though, it does solidify one of my pillars of understanding current US politics: 1. Trump is not a Republican. 2. The Democrats have temporarily lost their minds.
                        Here's a more serious take on his speech and where he stands with Republicans.

It’s an observation so strikingly true that you wonder why you didn’t think of it earlier. “Donald Trump,” a friend said the other day, “is teaching the Republican Party how to fight and how to win.”

The evidence is everywhere every day, and it was on vivid display Tuesday night. The president remains in a fighting mood, determined to keep punching his way forward.

The Trump way starts with the passage of the historic tax cuts despite tiny Republican majorities in Congress and scare tactics from the left. Before passage, polls showed the public was strongly opposed — but Trump pulled, pushed and bullied his party over the finish line.

The roaring results, with millions of workers already getting bonuses, pension boosts and pay hikes, vindicate his determination.

Another piece of evidence is that the government shutdown over the “Dreamers” was a huge defeat for Democrats, and Trump piled on the pain with a blistering ad about crimes by illegal immigrants that helped force divided Dems back to work.

The decision by the House intelligence panel to write and release its memo on possible FBI misdeeds is yet more evidence of a new fighting spirit. Even Speaker Paul Ryan, averse to conflict by temperament and training, forcefully supported the memo’s release, saying it was time to “cleanse” the FBI.

This is not George Bush’s or John Boehner’s Republican Party. This is Trump’s GOP, as he demonstrated in spades in his first State of the Union address.
                        https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/state-...ld-trumps-gop/
                        And it goes on from there. The writer makes some interesting observations.

Comment

• President Trump told a Republican lawmaker he will “100 percent" release a classified intelligence memo written by GOP members on the House Intelligence Committee, as he left his first State of the Union address.

“[Inaudible] release the memo,” Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., can be heard saying on the C-SPAN hot mic.

Trump responded: “Don’t worry, 100 percent.”
                          http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2647636

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I've been consistently left my whole life, socially and economically, and agnostic. To me, the policy we're discussing reads as, at best, a sloppily conceived and executed initiative that unintentionally discriminates against someone who's pro-life by compelling them to say they agree with something they don't agree with. And at worst - all of the above wasn't unintentional, but completely intentional.
                            This piece touches upon your last sentence and also unpacks the kerfuffle.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/v...sy-many-wanted
                            “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?”

J.M. Keynes

Comment

• Ok, don't wait. Let's go. Start a criminal investigation, too. Put everyone under oath. Two sides, two different stories. Somebody will go to jail if criminal investigation is initiated.(And I'm talking about politicians here.)

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                This piece touches upon your last sentence and also unpacks the kerfuffle.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/v...sy-many-wanted
                                The crux of the matter boils down to whether or not the anti-abortion proviso in this particular government grant actually does violate a religious group’s fundamental freedoms. There are no laws preventing anti-abortion groups from doing anti-abortion work—they just can’t do it with Summer Jobs Program money. This is less of a problem for a pro-life evangelical church looking to hire students to mow their lawn than it is for a pro-life evangelical church looking to picket an abortion clinic. This distinction is important and anyone trying to flatten it is being more than a little disingenuous.

Comment

Working...
                                X