Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    He's from Vermont, a state which has tried to join Canada several times in its History. Lol They basically are Canadian.
    I suspect they might try again now.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      No, let them all keep doubling down on the "they're all racists" stuff. It only helps the good guys.
      Was it you who posted an anecdote months ago about overhearing some Republicans saying why they'd lean towards Trump? How they acknowledged he was a douche, but they were so tired/fed up with the establishment?

I believed the story, but didn't think that half the nation agreed with those sentiments. What a fascinating turn of events in the months that followed.

Comment

• Roughly half the votes from both sides were placed not to vote for a candidate but to vote against another candidate.

I don't know how that ties into "rednecks". McCown makes himself sound like a bigot by tossing that out there. Extremely ignorant and contradictory to voting history.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Roughly half the votes from both sides were placed not to vote for a candidate but to vote against another candidate.

I don't know how that ties into "rednecks". McCown makes himself sound like a bigot by tossing that out there. Extremely ignorant and contradictory to voting history.
          I'm sure Bobcat's tweet was tongue-in-cheek.

But hey, he's a straight shooter. He says what's on his mind

Comment

• He's not one to hide his feelings, that's for sure.

Comment

• So Trump's economic advisor would like the US to go back to the gold standard:

You’ve written before about going back to some sort of gold-based monetary system. Is that something the U.S. could do unilaterally, or would we need to convene other nations and get them on board?

I’m not opposed to a new Bretton Woods conference, and if it takes place at Mar-a-Lago, I’m fine with that. But anything the U.S. does because we print the international reserve currency, unilateral action would almost instantly be accommodated by other countries.

In terms of gold being involved, some people may think of that as a throwback, but I see it as a sophisticated, forward-looking approach because gold is neutral and it’s universal. It’s a well-accepted monetary surrogate that transcends borders and time. If you look at the foreign reserves of the most important countries, they keep them mostly in gold. I don’t want to read too much into it, but it proves that gold is not some barbarous relic.
              http://fortune.com/2016/08/18/trump-...-judy-shelton/

Comment

• So they legalized weed in Cali. It's working.

Comment

• In Mexico...

Comment

• Trump won with less total votes than Romney and McCain lost with in 2012 and 2008 respectively. Way to show up, America.

Comment

• The electoral map broken down by county:

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Trump won with less total votes than Romney and McCain lost with in 2012 and 2008 respectively. Way to show up, America.

well what did everyone expect? Rape lawsuits, hacking accusations, FBI.. nasty, brutal campaigns. Fucking embarrassing.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Trump won with less total votes than Romney and McCain lost with in 2012 and 2008 respectively. Way to show up, America.

I know this isn't the point, but why do people insist on mis-leading bar graphs? It looks like half as many democrats showed up, when really it was roughly a 10% drop each election. Still a huge problem, but I despise non-zero intercepts on bar graphs.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• When those who voted for Hillary realize Canada doesn't want them:

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I know this isn't the point, but why do people insist on mis-leading bar graphs? It looks like half as many democrats showed up, when really it was roughly a 10% drop each election. Still a huge problem, but I despise non-zero intercepts on bar graphs.
                              But then it wouldn't prove the point they're trying to make with that chart. My guess is that some Bernie supporters stayed home. Its like people who make this stuff think everyone is stupid and will fall for anything. It hurts their credibility in the end because they're not comfortable enough in their viewpoints to present the data or information clearly and fairly. I mean it can be argued it is presented fairly because it's labeled but we all know this kind of misleading presentation has a specific intended goal behind it.

Like you said, Dem turnout has fallen election over election since 2008 by approx. 10% where as Republican turnout is relatively steady.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Nov 10th, 2016, 10:41 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• It's been interesting watching liberals heads collectively explode on social media. It's amazing how many people believe Trump being elected will lead to mass deportations of immigrants (namely Mexicans and Muslims) and all kinds of other ridiculous predictions.

First of all, if you're in the US legally, Trump can't, and won't do anything about it. There's nothing to be done. This whole notion that trump is against immigration is ridiculous. He's against illegal immigration. And as I've argued here before, everyone should be against ILLEGAL immigration. So yes, people that are in the US illegally will be deported. And guess what, all he has to do is enforce the existing immigration laws! Laws that every country has and enforces! The only reason the number of deportations in the US will be so large is because Obama hasn't been enforcing existing laws and there's so many people coming to the US illegally. Not to mention all of the people whose green cards are expired that just never leave.

I will say this though, if any of the terrifying predictions liberals are making now actually come to pass, I'll be on the libs side making all kinds of noise about it.

Also, I'm not happy Trump is president. But I do think it's better for Canada and the US that he is instead of Clinton.
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X