Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Politics - The Legend Continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    politely rocky.. who gives a flying fuck what the brits do or don't do with their pending divorce from the EU......
    we live here.. in ici canada...so full legal opinion or advice on brexit matters so very very little to our everyday life. Its a faculty lounge debate.

Comment

• Comment

• Hey here’s the best of both worlds - continental politics.
        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          1. Refined product demand will go back to their historical levels in early 2020. That means the refining outlook is balanced for short-to-medium term. Leaving everyone to deal with expensive regulations that will come down hard in 2020. Welcome to the New World.

No it won't. There are 2.5Billion folks in still largely rural India and China who don't have access to power via energy grids. They are going to be built as the alternative is for those two countries is to undertake building the infrastructure to handle the largest mass rural to urban migration ever witnessed.. Powering all those generators will be ossil fuels.

Expensive regulations in Canada are going to fuck your generation more than mine. We'll be dead. You will get to live with Selfie McFucknuts master plan picking your wallet clean for decades to come. They claim its for the kids... their kids... not yours.

2. North American region will see overcapacity effects in medium term. Refining capacity is growing at 1.29% pa, there's no way light product demand can keep up with this.

We drive cars and heat homes and consume a dizzying array of consumer products made from oil. Which is going to abate ?

3. My eyes are blue. High risk and high reward investments do not include refineries anymore. Tell me why recent refineries needed personal guarantees from the government?

Its not refineries. Canada has refining capacity in the east. Its already built. Its delivery. Its Pipelines. His party has killed Energy East and Northern Gateway.

Not content with that Selfie McFuckNuts got the hat trick by giving his tacit approval to continue to use ever shifting regulatory rules and has pretty much killed TransMountain. He has chased private investment capital out of Canada.

FWIW.. you get government guarantees in the not so democratic republic of congo... In the west its just assumed the government won't stand in the way of projects that have met met established regulatory approvals via the courts.

4. The North American market evolved to benefit Americans. Not us. It makes sense, but imbalances(internal market) created shows that Americans wanted to control us...

They put all the money up. Why wouldn't they expect to profit from that risk. Its not a sin to have a plan .. take a risk.. make it work and be successful.. is it ?

I know we're getting into modern refinery business... I'm worried about our shitty distribution system... But we'll see. Maybe we'll hit the jackpot and change the game for the next 4 decades.

The first step in hitting the jackpot in Canada will be to end the current governments stance on its energy file. The financial costs are real and the human costs are rising in Alberta.. and Ottawa is no where to be found.

P.S. Refinery economics sucks. Politics everywhere.

Comment

Your view is that trump cares ?
            Really ?
            Thats all you got ?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• I don't have time to talk about refinery economics, but like I said... Refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term at best. One thing that will 100% happen by 2020(if nothing serious happens to oil markets) An oil capacity wave will reach NA markets. Stronger outlook is expected until 2021/22 IMO... governments are planning for 2020. Banks say 2020, but I expect to see strong margins for few more years. Global oil demand will keep growing, duh, but refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term at best and nobody really knows what will happen next tbh.

By the way, I've already seen memorandums of more than 100+ deals.(European/RU market) and that outlook prediction is widely accepted by everyone. Incl. US lawmakers.
              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Your view is that trump cares ?
                Really ?
                Thats all you got ?

Comment

I don't have time to talk about refinery economics, but like I said... Refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term at best. One thing that will 100% happen by 2020(if nothing serious happens to oil markets) An oil capacity wave will reach NA markets. Stronger outlook is expected until 2021/22 IMO... governments are planning for 2020. Banks say 2020, but I expect to see strong margins for few more years. Global oil demand will keep growing, duh, but refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term at best and nobody really knows what will happen next tbh.

By the way, I've already seen memorandums of more than 100+ deals.(European/RU market).
                  I agree you can't talk about energy economics.
                  and for your other claims...
                  your red lining on the bullshit meter...

Comment

Comment

I agree you can't talk about energy economics.
                      and for your other claims...
                      your red lining on the bullshit meter...

Actually, economics is my thing, buddy.

Comment

1. Global oil demand will keep growing, duh. Refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term. There's no need to even argue about this point. The information is public. UK Gov, US Gov and companies like BP agree with this prediction.

2. There's no need to argue about this point too. To avoid overcapacity, light product demand needs to increase by more than 2% PA over already projected growth.

4. I agree. (number 5 point on my first post about refineries).
                        Last edited by rocwell; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

1. Global oil demand will keep growing, duh. Refinery outlook will be balanced for medium term. There's no need to even argue about this point. The information is public. UK Gov, US Gov and companies like BP agree with this prediction.

2. There's no need to argue about this point too. To avoid overcapacity, light product demand needs to increase by more than 2% PA over already projected growth.

4. I agree. (number 5 point on my first post about refineries).
                          Me.. putting and end to your flacid argument.

Comment

So what's your refinery outlook then?

I'm using this report(https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/...efineries.html) to monitor refining projects. Obviously the global oil demand will remain robust and we know that refined products growth demand has outpaced crude distillation capacity. But just by looking at future projects, you can tell that ARF will return to historic levels in 2020 and that makes refining outlook balanced for medium-ish term...

You realize that oil manufacturing and oil extracting are two different industries, right?
                            Last edited by rocwell; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Some actual statistics and facts would help you make your point. Currently, I'm giving this one to Rocwell 8 rounds to 4. Good debate though!

Comment

• To keep up with change, refineries will have to restructure, strategically reposition their assets, or leave the market.

Refineries in the United States and on the Canadian east coast are vulnerable to declining demand for gasoline, to the highly unfavorable WTI-Brent spread, and to competition from overcapacity in Europe. These trends are responsible for the recent closure of two major U.S. refineries, ConocoPhillips' Trainer facility in Pennsylvania and Sunoco's Marcus Hook refinery in New Jersey, and the proposed sale or closure in July 2012 of Sunoco's Philadelphia refinery.

Central Canada and mid-America have proven to be advantageous refining locations because of the combination of good pipeline access to Western-Canadian crude and limited product competition as a result of their relatively "locked" location. Prompted by growing exploration in Canada's oil sands, some refineries in Canada and the United States are planning to improve their processing capability toward heavier crudes, such as BP's recent major investment in its Whiting refinery in Indiana.
                                https://www.atkearney.com/energy/art...be-in-the-game
                                Last edited by rocwell; Tue Dec 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X