Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Health & Wellness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    thx guys

    Comment


    • #17
      rocwell wrote: View Post
      I'm starting CLEAN bulk up diet on Monday.. So any big and healthy meal ideas would be appreciated.
      Well one thing to help you along for sure is a good daily smoothie post workout. You could try my favorite right now:

      1 cup chocolate milk
      1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (25-30 grams of protein)
      1 banana
      1 cup of ice
      1 teaspoon of coconut oil
      1 teaspoon of creatine


      Big meals? I like chili or pasta sauce loaded with ground turkey or beef, along with a lot of veg. Mornings I have two-four eggs(I don't eat all the yolks), another protein or a bowl of oatmeal, some toast and a cup of juice or a piece of fruit.

      A big steak, veggies and a baked potato loaded with sour cream and other toppers is one of my favorites as well. I really enjoy bulking. I hate cutting. I don't buy fast food hardly ever.

      I'm also no nutrition expert. I think body beast's meal plan is online and is helpful. I know P90X's meal plan is online for sure and is really helpful. They have sections in regards to bulking. Basically it helps you calculate how much you can eat per day based on your body, level of activity and goals.

      Snooch wrote: View Post
      I got a question for you health guys.

      How can i feel full without eating as much as i do?

      Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
      No one mentioned it but I find coffee makes me less hungry. This is no good at night for obvious reasons though.

      white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Oh I definitely don't care that much, but there is a place somewhere for a discussion on "how to" about drugs, and obviously other harm reduction related aspects of drug use. Maybe not the right thread here though.
      From what I read his post would be helpful to people just starting out at fostering an addiction.

      Comment


      • #18
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        Well one thing to help you along for sure is a good daily smoothie post workout. You could try my favorite right now:

        1 cup chocolate milk
        1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder (25-30 grams of protein)
        1 banana
        1 cup of ice
        1 teaspoon of coconut oil
        1 teaspoon of creatine


        Big meals? I like chili or pasta sauce loaded with ground turkey or beef, along with a lot of veg. Mornings I have two-four eggs(I don't eat all the yolks), another protein or a bowl of oatmeal, some toast and a cup of juice or a piece of fruit.

        A big steak, veggies and a baked potato loaded with sour cream other toppers is on of my favorites as well. I really enjoy bulking. I hate cutting. I don't buy fast food hardly ever.

        I'm also no nutrition expert. I think body beast's meal plan is online and is helpful. I know P90X's meal plan is online for sure and is really helpful. They have sections in regards to bulking. Basically it helps you calculate how much you can eat per day based on your body, level of activity and goals.



        No one mentioned it but I find coffee makes me less hungry. This is no good at night for obvious reasons though.



        From what I read his post would be helpful to people just starting out at fostering an addiction.
        Wow Apollo, your diet and workout routines including the supplements suggest you have a Mark Mcguire bod...or aspire to. Would this be accurate? Good for you...dont know about the creatine though. I admit I dont know much....just the anecdotal and related to those who are typically into heavy workouts. I also have a fundamental suspicion of "supplements" which as I understand are unregulated so one needs to do much research here and not go cheap I suppose.

        Directly in response to the op....I would not discount/forget to include in your exercise routine a healthy dose of cardio (heart and lung) activity. Alternate it during the week with bulking or toning routines.

        Comment


        • #19
          Bendit wrote: View Post
          Wow Apollo, your diet and workout routines including the supplements suggest you have a Mark Mcguire bod...or aspire to. Would this be accurate? Good for you...dont know about the creatine though. I admit I dont know much....just the anecdotal and related to those who are typically into heavy workouts. I also have a fundamental suspicion of "supplements" which as I understand are unregulated so one needs to do much research here and not go cheap I suppose.

          Directly in response to the op....I would not discount/forget to include in your exercise routine a healthy dose of cardio (heart and lung) activity. Alternate it during the week with bulking or toning routines.
          I always put creatine in my pre and post-workout shakes.

          Comment


          • #20
            rocwell wrote: View Post
            I always put creatine in my pre and post-workout shakes.
            I assume you have looked into it's personal efficacy (your own circumstances eg weight, allergy or other health issues). Sometimes a check with your doctor may not be a bad idea just to be sure that the supplement and dosage is good for you.

            I am starting to sound like fucking Dr. Oz.

            Here is a link if you are interested....

            http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...y/hrb-20059125

            Comment


            • #21
              Bendit wrote: View Post
              Wow Apollo, your diet and workout routines including the supplements suggest you have a Mark Mcguire bod...or aspire to. Would this be accurate?
              I'm out to build cleanly and Mark used roids. My goal is something sustainable through a consistent workout plan; I don't aspire to look like Arnold in "Conan the Barbarian" but if that happened then I'd be fine with it.

              The average guy will see substantial gains in the first couple years of consistent regular lifting and after that gains will be diminished substantially. So basically, my goal is to see how far I can get before plateauing and then at that point maintain or grow at whatever extremely slow rate it may be. In the past I always focused on being in good shape through sports but this is the first time I really have dived into a concentrated weight lifting program. I'm telling you, it's exciting to see the progress when you commit to lifting heavy and consistently and match that with the right meal planning.

              There's lots of science out there to suggest my later years in life will be of much higher quality if I commit to training throughout my life. From bone density, cardiovascular health, testosterone levels, etc. it's all greatly improved by lifting and eating right. I want to live like a much younger guy when I get old, that's another long term goal.

              Bendit wrote: View Post
              Good for you...dont know about the creatine though. I admit I dont know much....just the anecdotal and related to those who are typically into heavy workouts. I also have a fundamental suspicion of "supplements" which as I understand are unregulated so one needs to do much research here and not go cheap I suppose.
              There is a lot of "science" out there on creatine. Some of it true, some of it not true. What we do know is that it does impact muscle growth and performance when taken correctly. I invest in high quality whey protein and creatine. I don't buy the cheap stuff. You won't find anything with artificial sweeteners or flavorings in my house for example. It's a financial commitment to do this sort of thing no doubt about it. It can be done purely through consuming meats but read up on Arnold and you'll realize you must eat like a horse to do this without some whey or creatine.

              rocwell wrote: View Post
              I always put creatine in my pre and post-workout shakes.
              I think you only need to take it once a day and you want to be careful with the dosage. I know it can cause stomach problems(short term). Like Bendit mentioned, it never hurts to consult a doctor but listen to your body as well. In rare circumstances creatine consumption does have ill side affects but in most people its perfectly safe.

              Bendit wrote: View Post
              I assume you have looked into it's personal efficacy (your own circumstances eg weight, allergy or other health issues). Sometimes a check with your doctor may not be a bad idea just to be sure that the supplement and dosage is good for you.

              I am starting to sound like fucking Dr. Oz.

              Here is a link if you are interested....

              http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...y/hrb-20059125
              Because of the lack of regulation in supplements the best advice anyone can give is ignore the hype, and do your homework. The effort is well worth it and thanks for posting this.

              Comment


              • #22
                Bendit wrote: View Post
                I assume you have looked into it's personal efficacy (your own circumstances eg weight, allergy or other health issues). Sometimes a check with your doctor may not be a bad idea just to be sure that the supplement and dosage is good for you.

                I am starting to sound like fucking Dr. Oz.

                Here is a link if you are interested....

                http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supp...y/hrb-20059125
                I never really had any serious problems with this substance and I've been using it for quite some time now. The only "problem" I had was high sex drive at first, but it all settled within months

                Comment


                • #23
                  The science suggests you'll keep your "drive" much later in life by lifting.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 28th, 2015, 05:55 PM. Reason: I need proof reader...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    There is science suggest you'll keep your "drive" much later in life by lifting.
                    And don't forget to wear a good jock strap either!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I think I started a "Work Out Thread" a while back, but couldn't find it anywhere, so this will do going forward. Lol

                      Apollo, if its not too personal, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? BMI?
                      I'm about 6'1", and growing up was always around 145lbs.. a swimmers body, is what they call it I believe. Haha

                      I don't heavy lift, but I'm a big proponent of Calisthenics, and have a set of the Power Blocks (one of the best purchases I ever made). But with Calisthenics (stuff like chin ups, pull ups, push ups, squats etc) I find it to be a really refreshing workout, where you can really mix things up. I used to box as well, so have been meaing to get back into my boxing regimen.

                      As I said, I've always been on the skinny side, so for me, adding weight has always been really tough ... like harder than people trying to lose weight. The last 1-2 years, I've started to see a big difference. Still looking to maintain an "athletic build" as opposed to a "bodybuilders build" though, if that makes sense. But even still, I need about 2,500-3,000 calories a day just to ensure I don't lose anything. Lol
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Oct 28th, 2015, 02:47 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Oh I definitely don't care that much, but there is a place somewhere for a discussion on "how to" about drugs, and obviously other harm reduction related aspects of drug use. Maybe not the right thread here though.
                        Not sure if "crack" is considered a "hardcore" drug and with pot legalization coming its only a matter of time before the medicinal "crack" movement starts. In a couple years every hipster will have a crack pipe dangling off their bikes

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Snooch wrote: View Post
                          I got a question for you health guys.

                          How can i feel full without eating as much as i do?

                          Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
                          Try phyluum husks and metamucil. Then drink plenty of coffee and start doing power squats.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Not sure if "crack" is considered a "hardcore" drug and with pot legalization coming its only a matter of time before the medicinal "crack" movement starts. In a couple years every hipster will have a crack pipe dangling off their bikes
                            raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Try phyluum husks and metamucil. Then drink plenty of coffee and start doing power squats.
                            Not sure how many times I've said this, but ... I wonder about you man.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Try phyluum husks and metamucil. Then drink plenty of coffee and start doing power squats.
                              Why do you want ke to shit my pants?

                              Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Why do you want ke to shit my pants?

                                Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
                                Pretty sure shit won't be flying out of the batcave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X