No announcement yet.

Y'all Qaeda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These constitutionalists essentially believe the real power belongs at the state level; they appear to be anti federal government, there's a difference. They believe in their right to have arms because it's in the Constitution. They believe in forming militias because it tells them it's their duty in the Constitution. I'm not defending them as they scare the shit out of me too but I'm just explaining these points based on my understanding.

Christianity is not about violence and Jesus only gets violent once in the text when he gets angry with fat cats doing business in the temple. He never physically hurts them. The Bible also is against civil disobedience. I would argue that these groups tend to be of a conservative mindset and most people who believe in Christianity tend to have a conservative mindset and never should religion be brought into this. There are a lot of Conservatives out there but not many extreme constitutionalists. Crazy people do crazy things and if it weren't Christianity it would be something else. The overall Christian faith is one of being kind, showing forgiveness, loving your neighbours, etc.

I think the Constitution has turned them radical. They view the feds are violating the constitution and theyre turning it around and taking it to the extreme to prove their point and draw attention to themselves. Similar to radical Islam, just not remotely as violent.

Comment

• Fully understand and in all instances you cite it is a perversion of what is. They, at the very least, need a re-education. For myself. whenever you tote a gun as a tool to solve a disagreement I shut down to your point of view.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        These constitutionalists essentially believe the real power belongs at the state level; they appear to be anti federal government, there's a difference. They believe in their right to have arms because it's in the Constitution. They believe in forming militias because it tells them it's their duty in the Constitution. I'm not defending them as they scare the shit out of me too but I'm just explaining these points based on my understanding.

Christianity is not about violence and Jesus only gets violent once in the text when he gets angry with fat cats doing business in the temple. He never physically hurts them. The Bible also is against civil disobedience. I would argue that these groups tend to be of a conservative mindset and most people who believe in Christianity tend to have a conservative mindset and never should religion be brought into this. There are a lot of Conservatives out there but not many extreme constitutionalists. Crazy people do crazy things and if it weren't Christianity it would be something else. The overall Christian faith is one of being kind, showing forgiveness, loving your neighbours, etc.

I think the Constitution has turned them radical. They view the feds are violating the constitution and theyre turning it around and taking it to the extreme to prove their point and draw attention to themselves. Similar to radical Islam, just not remotely as violent.
        Bendit wrote: View Post
        Fully understand and in all instances you cite it is a perversion of what is. They, at the very least, need a re-education. For myself. whenever you tote a gun as a tool to solve a disagreement I shut down to your point of view.

in their view the federal government is taking what they see as "the peoples". that, to me, is the excuse they tell themselves to not have to say "ours". you could take all federal land and divide it by the amount of citizens to see how much is "one persons". that is of course ridiculous.

i don't think they need to be re-educated. they do need to respect federal law. the way to change things in a democracy is to have your representatives do your bidding. the right to bear arms and protect yourself from tyranny only applies when the government is being tyrannical. two idiots setting a bush fire that goes out of control are arsonists, not freedom fighters.

Comment

• Reeducation to me sounds creepy. I agree with Miek, they need to respect the law and at the same time the law needs to come down hard on them.

Think what you want, just make sure you respect the laws of the land. If you take over a government building by force, to me, that sounds like an act of terrorism or an act of war.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Reeducation to me sounds creepy. I agree with Miek, they need to respect the law and at the same time the law needs to come down hard on them.

Think what you want, just make sure you respect the laws of the land. If you take over a government building by force, to me, that sounds like an act of terrorism or an act of war.
            I meant re-education in a generic sense. These are individuals who have another view/interpretation of the law (in effect the constitution) and in some cases fundamentally believe the Federal govt. (more so) is an illegal entity. They have a 1780s mindset on this.

So, how does anyone relearn that which has been warped-taught them in the first place? Couldn't think of a better term than "re-educate"...re-teach ?...re-assimilate?...re-indoctrinate? no, strike the last one lol.

Did you get the "creepy" feeling thinking Pol Pot, Mao?....be honest now

No matter ...the school system needs to be in there but it's probably too late for the older ones unless the prison system has a schooling component haha.
            Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jan 29th, 2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              I meant re-education in a generic sense. These are individuals who have another view/interpretation of the law (in effect the constitution) and in some cases fundamentally believe the Federal govt. (more so) is an illegal entity. They have a 1780s mindset on this.

So, how does anyone relearn that which has been warped-taught them in the first place? Couldn't think of a better term than "re-educate"...re-teach ?...re-assimilate?...re-indoctrinate? no, strike the last one lol.

Did you get the "creepy" feeling thinking Pol Pot, Mao?....be honest now

No matter ...the school system needs to be in there but it's probably too late for the older ones unless the prison system has a schooling component haha.
              my wife's cousin works for the ccp in hunan. she is pretty high in provincial government. over the past 4 years she has had many colleagues taken for re-education.

i think the spirit of the group is right. but i think that they chose a stupid and completely false time to make a stand. they belittled everything they said they believed in to try and bully the feds into releasing prisoners and then tried to go a step further and use this occupation to further their own gains. i am reading now they are playing the victim card.

if, big if, the american government somehow went insane and started flaunting the constitution and freedoms then these people would be right to do what they do and would most likely be heroes for it.

Comment

• Looks like all the kooks are now in custody. Hope when they get their prison terms the system can educate them on acceptable constitutional reform methodologies.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta..._from_the.html

And the godfather of this movement has been apprehended as well (Cliven Bundy daddy to the main instigators in Oregon)

Comment

• good ... call me old fashioned but i look at them as traitors and should be beheaded on the block

they didnt like the way government was running so they resolved to use extreme tactics unders the cloak of liberty

fake patriots

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                    good ... call me old fashioned but i look at them as traitors and should be beheaded on the block

they didnt like the way government was running so they resolved to use extreme tactics unders the cloak of liberty

fake patriots
                    Today I learned "old fashioned" refers to 15th Century Europe ... Hahah

But I agree, these guys need to be made an example of, lest you face potential anarchy.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Today I learned "old fashioned" refers to 15th Century Europe ... Hahah

But I agree, these guys need to be made an example of, lest you face potential anarchy.
                      lol ... i have a Tywin Lannister view of governance

Comment

Working...
                      X