Deadpool - MUST SEE MOVIE FOR ANY MARVEL FAN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadpool - MUST SEE MOVIE FOR ANY MARVEL FAN

If you guys haven't seen Deadpool yet you're missing out big time. Easily the best R rated movie ever, Ryan Rynolds absolutely killed it as Deadpool. Critics are saying he's nose to nose with RDJ's Iron man as the best superhero portrayal, this was easily one of my fav superhero movies. Also it had the biggest box office opening for any R rated movie ever

Easily the best R rated movie ever
    Did you mean best R-rated superhero movie ever? Because while it was fun there's probably 100 R-rated movies I'd take over Deadpool.
    It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

Comment

it was good

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        it was good
        Legit question ... how do you know, since it wasn't playing in China... Haha

Comment

Fairly (or unfairly), I compare every superhero movie to the Dark Knight. IMO, that raised the bar, and everyone else hasn't been able to keep up.

But looking forward to Deadpool. The first big screen depiction of him (in X-Men Origins: Wolverine) was completely forgettable.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Fairly (or unfairly), I compare every superhero movie to the Dark Knight. IMO, that raised the bar, and everyone else hasn't been able to keep up.

But looking forward to Deadpool. The first big screen depiction of him (in X-Men Origins: Wolverine) was completely forgettable.
            I've gotta say, I think that is unfair. Within the "Superhero" genre, there are SO many subgenres, and to simply treat them all as "Superhero" movies doesn't really do them justice in terms of Content and Characters, as the Comics would have intended.

Dark Knight was a great movie, period. But what made it great were the characters and performances more than the Story Arc in my opinion. Not the Superhero elements.

I mean, within "Superhero Movies", you can have Space Operas (Guardians of the Galaxy), you can have a Heist Flick (Ant Man), you can have a Comedy (Deadpool), you can have Drama (Dark Knight), you can have a World War 2 movie (Captair America), you can have a Political Action Thriller (Civil War) etc. But really, they are just Action/Adventure flicks at their heart. We might as well be including Star Wars and Buddy Cop movies as "Superhero" movies too, no?

Comment

Dark Knight was a great movie, period. But what made it great were the characters and performances more than the Story Arc in my opinion. Not the Superhero elements.
              Without question, the most overrated movie of the last 10 years. A wilfully joyless, humourless slog devoid of any semblance of wit or charm, packed to the brim with far too many plots, subplots, and weighty issues, that goes on at least an hour too long and bludgeons you with it's gravitas cause the interminable run time still isn't long enough to explore any of its themes. It's a well-made movie and there are lots of great performances (I still love Oldman in these movies and Bale is clearly the best Batman) but it wouldn't crack my top 5 superhero movies list.

In no particular order, I'd go with: Superman (original), Spider-Man (Sam Raimi), X-Men 2, The Incredibles and the Avengers (just cause the whole idea of the franchise was so insane it should have failed totally). Dark Knight would go in the next tier I guess....

It's funny cause another Batman would be my most underrated movie: the original Michael Keaton movie. It hasn't aged well and it's unfairly compared to movies out of its time but that film was incredibly important and influential. Burton crafted a great film that no one wanted made and everyone thought would be a disaster without having any of the current formulas or rules available to him.

Comment

I prefer Superman 2 over Superman.. but ultimately it was supposed to be one long movie anyway. Anyway that's my favourite super hero movie and I don't think anything can beat it.

I was having this debate with a friend. It's hard to compare one movie to another because experience matters.

Watching Empire Strikes Back as a kid for the first time in my PJ's on a Saturday afternoon on my parents TV was an experience like none other. As an adult those memories flood back and it makes it my favourite movie of all time. However if I analyzed it with no emotions attached then its actually very cheesy and sub-par to a lot of other movies. But you can't really separate your emotions when watching a movie or tv show either.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Legit question ... how do you know, since it wasn't playing in China... Haha
                  if something isn't available for me to pay for it. i download it. i will pay for it again later when i am able.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    Without question, the most overrated movie of the last 10 years. A wilfully joyless, humourless slog devoid of any semblance of wit or charm, packed to the brim with far too many plots, subplots, and weighty issues, that goes on at least an hour too long and bludgeons you with it's gravitas cause the interminable run time still isn't long enough to explore any of its themes. It's a well-made movie and there are lots of great performances (I still love Oldman in these movies and Bale is clearly the best Batman) but it wouldn't crack my top 5 superhero movies list.

In no particular order, I'd go with: Superman (original), Spider-Man (Sam Raimi), X-Men 2, The Incredibles and the Avengers (just cause the whole idea of the franchise was so insane it should have failed totally). Dark Knight would go in the next tier I guess....

It's funny cause another Batman would be my most underrated movie: the original Michael Keaton movie. It hasn't aged well and it's unfairly compared to movies out of its time but that film was incredibly important and influential. Burton crafted a great film that no one wanted made and everyone thought would be a disaster without having any of the current formulas or rules available to him.
                    the dark knight isn't supposed to be funny. i like spiderman 2 more than one. agree with bat bale as the best and the first batman movie. if i was rating top 5 superhero movies would probably be spiderman 2, xmen 2, avengers, ironman, and punisher with the big swede. i thought that was a great punisher movie and was upset they changed the punisher.

my main problem with superman one is that stupid flying scene. soooooo bad. i also didn't like him explaining to a pulitzer prize reporter his exact weaknesses.

if we are adding in cartoons i really like the dc cartoons. the war movie was really good, as well as the supergirl one.
                    Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Feb 18th, 2016, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I'm going to the Deadpool tonight... hoping it's a good one.

Comment

Went last night, not a comic nerd, had no idea what i was going to see......

Laughed my ass off for 2hours.

So damn good.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          I've gotta say, I think that is unfair. Within the "Superhero" genre, there are SO many subgenres, and to simply treat them all as "Superhero" movies doesn't really do them justice in terms of Content and Characters, as the Comics would have intended.

I mean, within "Superhero Movies", you can have Space Operas (Guardians of the Galaxy), you can have a Heist Flick (Ant Man), you can have a Comedy (Deadpool), you can have Drama (Dark Knight), you can have a World War 2 movie (Captair America), you can have a Political Action Thriller (Civil War) etc. But really, they are just Action/Adventure flicks at their heart. We might as well be including Star Wars and Buddy Cop movies as "Superhero" movies too, no?
                          That's why I added the "unfairly" disclaimer. Everything discussed in this thread is mere opinion. What's good/bad, long/short, funny/dark, superhero/non-superhero are all in the eye of the beholder. IMO, guys who wear capes, have alter-egos, and who I read in comic books as a kid, constitute superheroes. I never read any Jackie Chan/Chris Tucker comic books

For the record, Star Wars is in a category of its own

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            That's why I added the "unfairly" disclaimer. Everything discussed in this thread is mere opinion. What's good/bad, long/short, funny/dark, superhero/non-superhero are all in the eye of the beholder. IMO, guys who wear capes, have alter-egos, and who I read in comic books as a kid, constitute superheroes. I never read any Jackie Chan/Chris Tucker comic books

For the record, Star Wars is in a category of its own
                            I suppose that's fair. Lol

And speaking of which, has anyone seen a trailer for the new Rush Hour TV Show? It looks bad ....

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Did you mean best R-rated superhero movie ever? Because while it was fun there's probably 100 R-rated movies I'd take over Deadpool.
                              It is near the top of my list

Comment

Working...
                              X