• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    started a topic The Raptors Republic Loveline

The Raptors Republic Loveline

Ok so this is kinda personal so hear me out:

So me and an old friend from high school have crossed paths. We've been going out A LOT since November. Problem is she has a bf(I don't really know the guy, but I met him once before, seems like a good dude).

But like I said, this girl and I have been going out a lot lately. We just had dinner tonight. We went to this Japanese restaurant in downtown Vancouver and I think we were there for 4 hours just talking about life, you know.

Right now, I don't really know what we're doing or what we are. I'm really confused, but me and this girl just have this GREAT connection ever since HS. And right now I feel like i'm falling for her.

Now, I've dated a lot of girls in the past but this one is DIFFERENT. It's just different. She's SPECIAL. I can't even explain it. But it feels wrong you know? so should I just move on and forget about her/stop sseing her?(which is hard to do and I don't think I can do it) or should I fight my feelings for her even though she has a bf?

Fuck, i'm so confused right now. I don't even know what to do. I guess this is what falling in love means?
    Last edited by Cody73; Sun Feb 12th, 2017, 07:52 PM.

• rocwell
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I done got married in May. Still not sure which side if fit in with!
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Haha so true... freedom is gone! Thanks man
    Fast forward five years: Mack discovers that the freedom that is gone is actually now more gone. lol

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Haha so true... freedom is gone! Thanks man

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

...I mean, uh, Congrats! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    This was supposed to be a thread for those with love issues, but I guess no-one's been disgruntled.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    This was supposed to be a thread for those with love issues, but I guess no-one's been disgruntled.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I forgot I even posted in this thing. I still stand by what I said and I too would like to have closure. haha

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Just seeing this thread for the first time... i feel like it was a tv show that just had the pilot aired and was cancelled. We gotta know what happened!?

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Impressed...RR caters to all issues...well done.

Far be it for me (with spotty record in relationships) to offer advice on matters of the heart and of profound consequence... in a blog no less. The picture tends to be woefully incomplete.

What I can offer is a link to a site I occasionally visit which also carries a q&a blog offering advice on all matters in personal relationships. The OP may want to look in and maybe even participate with "Prudence" who comes across quite "balanced" in my view.

Hope things work out.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence.html

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Title's been changed & also been sticked.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    When I met my wife, she was dating another guy. If you're committed to this and decided she's not crazy/just wasting your time/stringing you along then my advice is two-fold.

One, you have to be persistent. Not creepy, obsessive, stalking persistent but you need to make clear your interest goes beyond being friends. Don't beat around the bush and tread water and equivocate. Two reasons for this: first, if she's not serious about you this approach won't necessarily figure it out and, second, if she is serious you're just moving yourself clearly into friend zone. Moreover, you're going to end up emotionally committed (which you seem to already be) without having any idea what is happening (and.... you have no idea what is happening). That's a recipe for a big disappointment.....

Second, don't approach it as becoming the replacement boyfriend. If, if, she's interested, she's doing this most likely because she's not happy/content in her current relationship. You need to show her the possibilities of being with you - new opportunities. Also, ditching a boyfriend for a romantic stealing away can be very attractive. If it works, the relationship will follow...

Just be realistic about the possibility that she's stringing you along or using you as an insurance policy or a crutch and don't let yourself end up as the other guy. That's not cool and you're get burned.

Good luck, man.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Hey Rex, do you mind if I go ahead and change the thread title/sticky the thread? I feel like this could be expanded on & the topic would be helpful to others as well (Basically a Loveline, a place for people to ask for relationship advice like you did). I'll also go over the idea with other Mods 1st as well.

But I wish you luck. Just make sure you tread water with the subject. Don't scare her off. If she's content with her BF, accept this relationship as a friendship. She seems sweet & reasonable, so reasoning with her makes sense.
    I don't want to alarm anyone but..... That has the potential to be the greatest thread ever....

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Hey Rex, do you mind if I go ahead and change the thread title/sticky the thread? I feel like this could be expanded on & the topic would be helpful to others as well (Basically a Loveline, a place for people to ask for relationship advice like you did). I'll also go over the idea with other Mods 1st as well.
    Go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied

But I wish you luck. Just make sure you tread water with the subject. Don't scare her off. If she's content with her BF, accept this relationship as a friendship. She seems sweet & reasonable, so reasoning with her makes sense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X