Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    The shortages are also likely to be costly for provincial and federal governments. In a policy paper developed with colleague Anindya Sen, Wyonch argues that the government could lose $800m in revenues to the black market – far outpacing the anticipated tax revenues of $300m-$600m in the first year of legalization.

Leave a comment:

• jimmie
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.
    The supply is not the problem; the delivery is. And that's provincial jurisdiction. It was a stupid move to go online-only, and also to not allow people to apply for retail licenses until legalization, which is why they're talking about April for retail. Ford had better have a plan to get a ton of those applications approved before April or the complaints are going to get a lot worse.

The black market isn't likely going to grow much if at all because of the hiccups -- those who had never tried weed or had a supply source pre-legalization are just going to wait out the online delivery or wait until retail is available to start indulging, and those who already knew the kush most likely also have a "pre-legalization alternative source" they can turn to until things sort themselves out.

Simple growing pains of a new industry.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Made my order on the 17th of October. Got it today.
    Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is a complete failure.
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Classic government inefficiency getting in the way of its own policy.
    This isn't as much a Federal Level thing, as it is a Provincial level issue, no? I would think so anyway.

Also, it's to be expected. If this keeps up beyond the first few months, then we definitely have some work to do, but I would think that this sort of "rough roll out" was a fore gone conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    I think it will get relatively better in ontario when private stores open, but I would much rather be able to sell what I grow, and have a quality control board instead of being forced to buy and resell government approved suppliers.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Black market must be thriving. Trudeau's supply and demand strategy is complete failure.
    Classic government inefficiency getting in the way of its own policy.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yeah it took me a long time to get my order as well.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    anyone in ontario make an order, and still not have it delivered? this is the 6th business day for me, and they said due to the delay allow for 5 days.

my dad lives in nova scotia, and he gets to buy it at the liquor store. he bought the strongest available, and said it wasn't as strong as what he grows himself.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Mack, it might be time to do a puppy intervention!
    He's just like dad. They'll have to drag us i there, kicking and screaming!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I get scared outside after eating edibles. Prefer them at home on a day I have planned on doing nothing.

I think there is going to be some strict packaging rules, and there should be.
    I think people need to be educated on proper storage as well. If there are kids in the house it needs to be well out of reach like people should be doing with medications. That's my view on it anyway but I'm a pretty cautious Dad.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Mack North wrote: View Post
    I had an edible candy on my dresser a few months back, left my place for about an hour and came home to the wrapper on the floor and the candy nowhere to be found. Needless to say, my dog got it and it just so happened to be his birthday. So now I have to hide edibles along with my beers, just so that he doesn't get them. The guy loves getting buzzed/drunk/high lol
    Mack, it might be time to do a puppy intervention!

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    I think edibles is a safer route if the person knows what they're doing. There are a lot of dangers with edibles however. I almost think edibles should be contained in drinks that can be bought at liquor stores. It would greatly reduce the risk to children, animals and people in general.
    I had an edible candy on my dresser a few months back, left my place for about an hour and came home to the wrapper on the floor and the candy nowhere to be found. Needless to say, my dog got it and it just so happened to be his birthday. So now I have to hide edibles along with my beers, just so that he doesn't get them. The guy loves getting buzzed/drunk/high lol

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    I think edibles is a safer route if the person knows what they're doing. There are a lot of dangers with edibles however. I almost think edibles should be contained in drinks that can be bought at liquor stores. It would greatly reduce the risk to children, animals and people in general.
    I get scared outside after eating edibles. Prefer them at home on a day I have planned on doing nothing.

I think there is going to be some strict packaging rules, and there should be.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X