Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Been playing Destiny nightly after everyone is settled away for the night. Best gunplay in any game I've played. The content they've added is great. It's a really good game now, I have to say. So much fun and theyve added a short raid Playlist which consists of 15-30 minute raids which are perfect for me where I can only get to do this anymore right before heading to bed.

    Comment


    • Apollo wrote: View Post
      Been playing Destiny nightly after everyone is settled away for the night. Best gunplay in any game I've played. The content they've added is great. It's a really good game now, I have to say. So much fun and theyve added a short raid Playlist which consists of 15-30 minute raids which are perfect for me where I can only get to do this anymore right before heading to bed.
      Geez how many months, updates, DLC and patches and NOW its a good game

      Comment


      • raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Geez how many months, updates, DLC and patches and NOW its a good game
        Yeah and you still have to pay the price of a full game to get the updates after purchasing the game when it came out. Pure robbery.

        Comment


        • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          Yeah and you still have to pay the price of a full game to get the updates after purchasing the game when it came out. Pure robbery.
          Not to mention seeing a download and installation progress bar when you have a couple hours to play before the meth kicks in

          Comment


          • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            Yeah and you still have to pay the price of a full game to get the updates after purchasing the game when it came out. Pure robbery.
            I paid regular retail price and got it all. No one purchasing The Taken King retail is doing what you say. The game is really entertaining.

            Comment


            • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              I'm so pumped for Halo 5. I hadn't played any of the halos until earlier in the summer I bought the master chief collection and played all but halo reach. Loved all of them and the story is fantastic. Looks like shit is about tho get crazy in Halo 5!
              Fuck yeah. Halo 5, black ops and fallout. Next month of releases is going to be great.

              Comment


              • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                Fuck yeah. Halo 5, black ops and fallout. Next month of releases is going to be great.
                Yeah all of those, and Tomb raider is my most anticipated game. Then there is still battlefront and siege and gears of war 4 then quantum break and the division early next year
                Last edited by Machine; Sat Oct 24th, 2015, 04:48 PM.

                Comment


                • Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I paid regular retail price and got it all. No one purchasing The Taken King retail is doing what you say. The game is really entertaining.
                  Anyone who bought destiny before the taken king came out has to pay the price of a full game again just to get the updates.

                  Comment


                  • And you'll have to do it again next year if you want Destiny 2.


                    Moving on. I've gone from on the fence to decided that I am purchasing Fallout 4. The only matters that remains is PC or PS4 and season pass or no season pass. Did you guys preorder? Is there a benefit beyond preloading to your machine?

                    What are you people doing?

                    Comment


                    • xbox version. i never pre-order. is season pass the xboxlive equivalent?

                      Comment


                      • Season pass is available for all three platforms. Essentially you pay $30 and you are entitled to all DLC now matter the individual cost.

                        Upside you might "save" money if you were to purchase all the DLC anyway.

                        Downside you don't know what the DLC will entail and as such might be a poor investment.

                        I hear the console versions are capped at 30fps and PC version has no fps limit. That's interesting. I wonder how much smoother the game will feel at 60fps? Maybe this should be a no brainer as I have a pretty good machine...

                        Where is Joey when ya need him?

                        Comment


                        • Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Season pass is available for all three platforms. Essentially you pay $30 and you are entitled to all DLC now matter the individual cost.

                          Upside you might "save" money if you were to purchase all the DLC anyway.

                          Downside you don't know what the DLC will entail and as such might be a poor investment.

                          I hear the console versions are capped at 30fps and PC version has no fps limit. That's interesting. I wonder how much smoother the game will feel at 60fps? Maybe this should be a no brainer as I have a pretty good machine...

                          Where is Joey when ya need him?
                          Season Pass is a good investment if you ask me. I'll be getting it. I'd also say that PC is the way to go, only because Bethesda are one of the few companies who Code and Program specifically for the PC. You're going to get a much better experience on the PC - in my opinion. Not to mention the fact tht Fallout 4 will be even more "Moddable" than Skyrim was; I can't even begin to imagine the amazing/ridiculous stuff people will come up with.

                          As for preorder, its really just an ease thing. Can avoid the server bog on release day and preload. Preloading is nice.
                          Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 27th, 2015, 10:39 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Season Pass is a good investment if you ask me. I'll be getting it. I'd also say that PC is the way to go, only because Bethesda are one of the few companies who Code and Program specifically for the PC. You're going to get a much better experience on the PC - in my opinion. Not to mention the fact tht Fallout 4 will be even more "Moddable" than Skyrim was; I can't even begin to imagine the amazing/ridiculous stuff people will come up with.
                            Ok, now I'm leaning more towards cold basement, office chair PC gaming.

                            Comment


                            • Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Ok, now I'm leaning more towards cold basement, office chair PC gaming.
                              Hahaha I still like to include a controller and couch in the mix for my PC Gaming. My PC setup is basically a console, as I can play it on my TV as well.

                              Comment


                              • Joey wrote: View Post
                                Hahaha I still like to include a controller and couch in the mix for my PC Gaming. My PC setup is basically a console, as I can play it on my TV as well.
                                I have that experience with my PS4. I don't have any intention of bringing my PC into the living room. I'll continue to live in the past and make occasional half serious comments about the slightly less comfort of using a PC in a traditional way.

                                I like having my PC away from everyone else, its a good place to go off and get work done. Starting November 10th its also going to be a great place to go take on radioactive super mutants with personality disorders.

                                I just read the preorder bonus from Steam. Really? A FO4 voice actor for a different game I don't own? That stinks. I think I preorder all the same because it'll preload to my PC.

                                Edit: Just checked the system requirements. I think I can run it on ultra settings and easily get a higher FPS than console. That pretty much decides it: better graphics, higher FPS and better mod community. The game is surprisingly only 30GB too by the way. I'll load it to the SSD and reap the extra speed from that as well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X