X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Machine wrote: View Post
    I believe it has come out that the rumor about game pass coming to switch is false. But you will be able to play game pass on your phone, ipad or pc with or without an xbox controller. Microsoft is revamping their PC store this year and it will be revealed at E3 along with game pass expansion to PC.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    That's too bad but if it comes to PC and Android it can will probably hit Switch by virtue of jailbreaking the console and installing Android or Windows 10.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, they're all doing that now already. One can surmise that Sony and Nintendo will continue to invest and improve in those areas. Sony is the first big player to jump in deep and carve out a place in the market but they need to improve their tech to lower latency. I won't touch streaming gaming until it reaches the point of being as responsive as traditional gaming is. Project xCloud interests me a great deal for what it may bring to the table in terms of gaming on Nintendo Switch. Playing brand new AAA Xbox games with no latency on Switch would be amazing, I love gaming away from the TV.

Edit: I also home Valve gets in the game because the PC has some exclusive experiences that can be enjoyed with a controller. For example, I've been messing around with Project Zomboid this week. It looks simple at first but its deep, challenging and very entertaining.
    I believe it has come out that the rumor about game pass coming to switch is false. But you will be able to play game pass on your phone, ipad or pc with or without an xbox controller. Microsoft is revamping their PC store this year and it will be revealed at E3 along with game pass expansion to PC.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Yeah, they're all doing that now already. One can surmise that Sony and Nintendo will continue to invest and improve in those areas. Sony is the first big player to jump in deep and carve out a place in the market but they need to improve their tech to lower latency. I won't touch streaming gaming until it reaches the point of being as responsive as traditional gaming is. Project xCloud interests me a great deal for what it may bring to the table in terms of gaming on Nintendo Switch. Playing brand new AAA Xbox games with no latency on Switch would be amazing, I love gaming away from the TV.

Edit: I also home Valve gets in the game because the PC has some exclusive experiences that can be enjoyed with a controller. For example, I've been messing around with Project Zomboid this week. It looks simple at first but its deep, challenging and very entertaining.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Mar 13th, 2019, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    This is something a lot of companies in entertainment businesses could learn from. Microsoft tried to shove things down gamers' throats that they did not want and as a result greatly lost because of it. They learned from that, made changes and are climbing back. Good on them but they have a long way to go in order to catch Sony and Nintendo for that matter.
    Yeah. The thing is, the whole industry is about to change. It is not about winning with hardware anymore. Hardware is only an option and a fraction of the user base companies are trying to reach. Microsoft still plans to give the best hardware experience for people that prefer console like myself but its all about choice. Console exclusives won't exist next generation. It will be all about reaching people on every device just like with movies, TV and music.

What Im curious to see is how google plans to make its mark in this space. They announced their intention to reveal their plans soon.

Last edited by Machine; Wed Mar 13th, 2019, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Machine wrote: View Post
    Microsoft is all in on consoles and it has been reported everywhere. Not only are they coming out with a digital only cheap option soon. In 2020 they are coming out with 2 consoles. A very affordable console and another premium console they claim will be the most powerful of the next generation similar to the X. Microsoft is all about choice and pro consumer moves for gamers these days. I love play anywhere, love cross play, love game pass (cheapest way to game these days with a great library already which continues to grow). They are now all in on first party adding 7 new studios last year and all first party games come out day one on game pass which you will be able to play from any device soon with streaming. And then there is xcloud. Really can't beat that ecosystem.

This is something a lot of companies in entertainment businesses could learn from. Microsoft tried to shove things down gamers' throats that they did not want and as a result greatly lost because of it. They learned from that, made changes and are climbing back. Good on them but they have a long way to go in order to catch Sony and Nintendo for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post

I thought Microsoft said they were done making new consoles.
    Microsoft is all in on consoles and it has been reported everywhere. Not only are they coming out with a digital only cheap option soon. In 2020 they are coming out with 2 consoles. A very affordable console and another premium console they claim will be the most powerful of the next generation similar to the X. Microsoft is all about choice and pro consumer moves for gamers these days. I love play anywhere, love cross play, love game pass (cheapest way to game these days with a great library already which continues to grow). They are now all in on first party adding 7 new studios last year and all first party games come out day one on game pass which you will be able to play from any device soon with streaming. And then there is xcloud. Really can't beat that ecosystem. Microsoft is going global looking to reach billions of gamers with a subscription model similar to netflix and spotify. Sony has resisted to this point and is only now revealing plans to follow suit and trying to catch up the the ground work microsoft has been putting in the past couple years.

Last edited by Machine; Wed Mar 13th, 2019, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post

I don't know. They're coming out with a digital only Xbone soon. If they plan on not launching a new hardware console in the next year or so then they're probably going to lose to Sony in a big way unless they plan on leveraging xCloud for greater experiences on their current tech and gamers sign up for that. Personally I don't want my gaming to always depend on an internet connection even though I have good internet.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Just read an article about Project xCloud. This is very promising and I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft's next console leverages this tech to help deliver some experiences that Sony cannot if it chooses to go simply with traditional hardware.

Beyond that there's a rumor that xCloud might be coming to Nintendo Switch with the whole Xbox library. That's a HUGE score if it's true.

https://www.windowscentral.com/project-xcloud?amp

This section of the article is why I know it will be a success.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Just read an article about Project xCloud. This is very promising and I wouldn't be shocked if Microsoft's next console leverages this tech to help deliver some experiences that Sony cannot if it chooses to go simply with traditional hardware.

Beyond that there's a rumor that xCloud might be coming to Nintendo Switch with the whole Xbox library. That's a HUGE score if it's true.

https://www.windowscentral.com/project-xcloud?amp

The system would see latency-sensitive aspects of a game handled locally, such as inputs and collision, while other parts, such as graphics-intensive outputs, would be backed by the cloud.

Microsoft-registered patents also hint at an AI-enhanced backend, with instances of Xbox One titles cached in xCloud's active memory. These remote instances aren't linked to profiles, allowing players to seamlessly "boot" and request these preloaded titles, without perceptible initial load time. Paired with usage data, the service can anticipate demand, scaling resources to player needs. This would further enhance the on-demand nature of xCloud, reducing overall wait times.
    This section of the article is why I know it will be a success.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Days Gone is the next big exclusive. It looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    I finished The Last of Us and, although it did get better after the halfway point, overall I was disappointed but that is probably mostly due to the hype the game got. The story was mediocre and the gameplay was not exactly fun and became more of a chore at times. The mini puzzles were so basic and just became annoying as it was the same thing just repeated over and over: find a plank to cross a gap, find a ladder to climb a wall and find a skid so the girl who can't swim can cross the water. That being said, I have seen a couple trailers for The Last of Us Part 2 and my god that game looks amazing and much improved. Looking forward to it.

I am now about halfway through Spiderman and this game is super fun. I love Insomniac and loved Sunset Overdrive on xbox. They killed it with spiderman. It's one of those games you will want to complete 100% and find all collectibles etc. Swinging around is just so fun that you will never use fast travel. Combat was actually challenging at first but very rewarding once you get the hang of it. Great game.

Last edited by Machine; Thu Mar 7th, 2019, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Downloaded heroes of the monkey tavern for switch. It was on sale, old school dungeon crawl. Have a 16 hour flight, and hoping it is like mordor. Loved that old game

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    This has to be the oldest thread on the forum. First post was October 11th, 2011.

Been playing some Mount & Blade Warband lately. I wish Bannerlord would release already.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    So i finally finished God of War and it is definitely up there as one of the best games I have ever played. It actually took some ideas from Ninja Theory's Hellblade game and just did it 10x better. The story was super interesting and kept driving you forward to learn more. Gameplay was fun and they kept it varied enough throughout. I highly recommend this game if you haven't played it.

I am now about halfway through The Last of Us Remastered. The game is decent so far but way overhyped in my opinion. The story is just ok. It is pretty cliche and predictable though I expect it to get better considering the reviews it got. The gameplay is pretty boring. I do realize it is a last-gen game and games have improved a ton since then but so far I'm not overly impressed. I do intend to finish it though. Will play spiderman next and then probably the uncharted games before I go back to my xbox.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Ohh true. Ya, Red Dead isn't on PC. Good call. Forgot it was on XBox as well. Which makes it even dumber that it's not on PC, since the XBox is basically a PC in a box.
    Yeah Im shocked they didn't put it on PC. On the X its the best looking game I have ever played I'd say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X