Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apollo wrote: View Post
    He provides an honest unfiltered review based on his opinion; there's no one cutting deals with him for favourable reviews if you get me. That's what I expect from all critics and I expect that w while remembering the final verdict is subjective. Also keep in mind what is minor to may be a bigger thing to someone else. That can also work the other way.
    That's fair. I just feel like if I listened to his reviews or got hung up on his cons more often than not I would have missed out on some of my favorite games. I mean his channels name is angry joe and it was born out of overreacting on camera. He has to live up to that and it's entertaining. He tends to love games that are heavy heavy in strategy. I do too but I also love all kinds of other games. I just have learned not to take his reviews too seriously because I disagree with him too often.

    Comment


    • Axel wrote: View Post
      The Tomb Raider game from 2 years ago~ definitely had good voice acting (Lara Croft was played by the hot chick from Grey's Anatomy) but most of the secondary characters were killed off, so they may not have a lasting impression. Now that Tomb Raider is on modern platforms, no reason to expect that the stories will be any less well-written or acted than Uncharted. The original PS system capabilities is really the only thing holding back the perception. The new game will really determine where that series goes. The last game was one of the best PS3 games in my opinion, so I have high hopes for the new one.
      Just cause it's on a modern platform doesn't mean the story will automatically be written well... These days the stories for most video games have been very poorly written. Naughty dog is at the top when it comes to stories and music composition, on top of that they take their time to develop a game that is maximized to its potential both graphically and gameplay wise. Square Enix is an alright game dev but most if not all their games are average at best, definitely no where near the level of Naughty dog. Only memorable Square Enix games for me have been Sleeping dogs and Hitman Absolution

      Comment


      • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        That's fair. I just feel like if I listened to his reviews or got hung up on his cons more often than not I would have missed out on some of my favorite games. I mean his channels name is angry joe and it was born out of overreacting on camera. He has to live up to that and it's entertaining. He tends to love games that are heavy heavy in strategy. I do too but I also love all kinds of other games. I just have learned not to take his reviews too seriously because I disagree with him too often.
        Have you even played Quantum Break? I tried it out downtown and it was nothing special tbh. Cover system is weak, gunplay is unsatisfying, and I expected more out of the time powers. The acting was great but aside from that it's a pretty generic third person game, It reminds me of the bourne conspiracy if any of you have played that. It's legit a modern version of that game with time powers lol

        Comment


        • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Just cause it's on a modern platform doesn't mean the story will automatically be written well... These days the stories for most video games have been very poorly written. Naughty dog is at the top when it comes to stories and music composition, on top of that they take their time to develop a game that is maximized to its potential both graphically and gameplay wise. Square Enix is an alright game dev but most if not all their games are average at best, definitely no where near the level of Naughty dog. Only memorable Square Enix games for me have been Sleeping dogs and Hitman Absolution
          Did you even play tomb raider? This seems pretty ignorant. Are you trying to say it doesn't have a good story? Lol And to be honest I haven't played uncharted but I've watched a ton of videos and streams and the game play in tomb raider looks better to me. Could be wrong tho.

          Comment


          • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Have you even played Quantum Break? I tried it out downtown and it was nothing special tbh. Cover system is weak, gunplay is unsatisfying, and I expected more out of the time powers. The acting was great but aside from that it's a pretty generic third person game, It reminds me of the bourne conspiracy if any of you have played that. It's legit a modern version of that game with time powers lol
            The gunplay is fantastic and so are the abilities. Don't pretend to know everything about the game after "trying it out" lol. The Bourne conspiracy?? I have that game. Lol its terrible. There isnt a single thing comparable to that game lol Can't take anything u say seriously.
            Last edited by Machine; Tue Apr 19th, 2016, 11:35 PM.

            Comment


            • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              Did you even play tomb raider? This seems pretty ignorant. Are you trying to say it doesn't have a good story?.
              This was exactly the first thing that came to my mind when reading his comment.

              Modern platform doesn't mean it will be well written, but the last game was very well written so there is no reason to expect less moving forward. The modern platform just means that there is significantly better technology for story telling than the PS1 version of Tomb Raider that rose Lara Croft to game icon.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • So I'm through four major bosses in Dark Souls and a bunch of mini bosses. I wish I gave this game more of a chance way back when because it's really good and opens up a lot after you get seven or eight hours in. It can be challenging but it's fair, no cheap stuff. It's a thinking man's RPG because everything can kill you, even weak enemies and especially in groups of two or three or more. You can't go in button smashing or without a strategy and without to then be able to change on the fly.

                Comment


                • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  The gunplay is fantastic and so are the abilities. Don't pretend to know everything about the game after "trying it out" lol. The Bourne conspiracy?? I have that game. Lol its terrible. There isnt a single thing comparable to that game lol Can't take anything u say seriously.
                  To each their own but it's an average game at best. For a console exclusive it's pretty damn garbage and the user reviews back up my statement, just cause you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me wrong. I have a friend who refuses to acknowledge how shitty Destiny is as a game, he has some weird fixation with it lol

                  Comment


                  • Axel wrote: View Post
                    This was exactly the first thing that came to my mind when reading his comment.

                    Modern platform doesn't mean it will be well written, but the last game was very well written so there is no reason to expect less moving forward. The modern platform just means that there is significantly better technology for story telling than the PS1 version of Tomb Raider that rose Lara Croft to game icon.
                    Tbh I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider. It always felt really corny and I never really liked the character of Lara Croft, it's an over hyped franchise. The only reason the reboot is doing well is because Uncharted paved the way and created a successful formula for this genre of game. It will always be a step behind the Uncharted series and Uncharted 4 will solidify that statement

                    Comment


                    • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      To each their own but it's an average game at best. For a console exclusive it's pretty damn garbage and the user reviews back up my statement, just cause you don't agree with my opinion doesn't make me wrong. I have a friend who refuses to acknowledge how shitty Destiny is as a game, he has some weird fixation with it lol
                      Lol you're a troll and a waste of time.
                      Last edited by Machine; Mon Apr 25th, 2016, 08:55 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Just moved my apartment. Started a new game of Icewind dale 1. Slow game but super fun. Really hard.

                        Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • I thought destiny was great but after my 8 years of wow I prefer closure to my games. I enjoyed the game play and PvP but I don't have the motivation to go raiding anymore.

                          Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            Lol you're a troll and a waste of time.
                            LOL how am I a troll? You literally just proved me right. You're a blind consumer, they could dish out the shittest xbone exclusive ever and you'd probably love it. This video is exactly how I feel about Xbox and Microsoft:

                            Comment


                            • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              I thought destiny was great but after my 8 years of wow I prefer closure to my games. I enjoyed the game play and PvP but I don't have the motivation to go raiding anymore.

                              Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                              It's basically all grinding, the gameplay is actually good but there's no substance

                              Comment


                              • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                LOL how am I a troll? You literally just proved me right. You're a blind consumer, they could dish out the shittest xbone exclusive ever and you'd probably love it. This video is exactly how I feel about Xbox and Microsoft:

                                Lol troll. Xbox has way better games, way better software and way better online service. It's a gamers console and you're a fool. Clearly a fanboy. This convo had nothing to do with microsoft or xbox but you showed your true bias. You never even played the game. You wouldnt put an xbox controller in your hand if it was life or death. The worst xbox exclusive is as fun as the best ps4 exclusive. Xbox has a ton of hit exclusives, ps4 has one. They are promoting indy exclusives ffs.
                                Last edited by Machine; Wed Apr 27th, 2016, 12:00 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X