The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Not yet. All my kicks hit the back of the net after going through the uprights. lol

That video made me league though.
    The video is pretty funny and is totally not remotely what you'd expect, even from a glitch.

Saw another where a returner fielded a kickoff at their own 2, then walked backwards 2 yards (into their own end zone) and got credit for a TD.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• LOL that's messed up. I haven't had any weird stuff happen yet. I've been playing franchise mode. I never pick the Packers because they're always too good and established. Instead I pick an AFC team that tends to struggle and is close to Toronto, so the Bills it is. I immediately relocate them to Toronto(sorry Buffalo) and change their name to the Toronto Huskies while simming the first season and trying to move some older guys for picks.

I'm already at the end of season one in Toronto now. Madden has this new feature in supersim that allows you to take control of the key moments such as the two minute drill, red zone and key 3rd downs if you want to. It allows you to sim games but also gives you a chance to interject and hopefully impact the game in favor of your team. It's surprisingly very challenging with a bad team but also rewarding and allows me to keep up while simming.

This year's franchise mode is far and away the best of the series, no other title is close in my opinion. They have the best of everything along with some new ideas mixed in there.

One of the biggest surprises for me this season is the commentating and overall presentation. They upped it considerably. I don't think I'll be turning off the commentators anytime soon.

Comment

• So I just got a beta invite to Battlefield 1. Won't be able to try it until tomorrow night but I'll go download it tonight so it's ready. The email says I get access to Conquest and Rush modes in the Sinai Desert map. The email doesn't say how long the beta is open.

Comment

So I just got a beta invite to Battlefield 1. Won't be able to try it until tomorrow night but I'll go download it tonight so it's ready. The email says I get access to Conquest and Rush modes in the Sinai Desert map. The email doesn't say how long the beta is open.
          Damn I'm jealous!! I hope there is an open beta. Let us know what u think!

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            Oh wow, turns out the open beta actually starts tomorrow! Def playing this tomorrow.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              Just an FYI, if you join EA's free Battlefield group thing on their website it gives you access to betas early or in some cases betas closed to the public.

Comment

Just an FYI, if you join EA's free Battlefield group thing on their website it gives you access to betas early or in some cases betas closed to the public.
                Thanks man, good to know

Comment

• So I went with the PC from BestBuy, so now to expand from my traditional PC gaming of Snes emulators.

Where you homies go for games?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 1. Go sign up for Steam and download their marketplace app to your PC.
                    2. Monitor isthereanydeal.com. My recommendation is to check off the following: Steam, Gamergate, Greenman gaming, GOG, Humble Store, Wingame Store. Scroll down further and check PC so it filters out Mac.
                    3. Bookmark that. Now everytime you click that bookmark you'll see all the sales currently at these shops. They all sell Steam codes that you can then redeem through your Steam App.

My favorite sites in particular are Greenman Gaming, Humble Store and Steam. Greenman has great deals on throughout the year(you need a free account to see the best savings). Humble offers huge savings on bundled sales and part goes to charity. Steam puts on large sales periodically through the year.

Another idea is to check of Origin Access. It's a $5 monthly sub you can cancel anytime but you gain access to a large selection of games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, FIFA 16, etc.

And welcome to the club. There's no going back.

Comment

1. Go sign up for Steam and download their marketplace app to your PC.
                      2. Monitor isthereanydeal.com. My recommendation is to check off the following: Steam, Gamergate, Greenman gaming, GOG, Humble Store, Wingame Store. Scroll down further and check PC so it filters out Mac.
                      3. Bookmark that. Now everytime you click that bookmark you'll see all the sales currently at these shops. They all sell Steam codes that you can then redeem through your Steam App.

My favorite sites in particular are Greenman Gaming, Humble Store and Steam. Greenman has great deals on throughout the year(you need a free account to see the best savings). Humble offers huge savings on bundled sales and part goes to charity. Steam puts on large sales periodically through the year.

Another idea is to check of Origin Access. It's a $5 monthly sub you can cancel anytime but you gain access to a large selection of games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 4, FIFA 16, etc.

Just a note about origin access - its half the price if you subscribe for the year at $29.99

Comment

• Indeed, good point. So if you like the games and you think it offers more than six months value it's cheaper to get the annual membership. Especially if you also have an XB One as well.

I don't have a XB1 but I do have a PC and I've been trying it this month. It works well. You just login and download whatever game you like from the library. I've tried BF4 Premium which takes up huge disk space and DAI. So I got my $5 worth no doubt.

Comment

Indeed, good point. So if you like the games and you think it offers more than six months value it's cheaper to get the annual membership. Especially if you also have an XB One as well.

I don't have a XB1 but I do have a PC and I've been trying it this month. It works well. You just login and download whatever game you like from the library. I've tried BF4 Premium which takes up huge disk space and DAI. So I got my $5 worth no doubt.
                          I got PS4.

I'll check that out for sure. Haven't had a gaming capable PC since the original Call of Duty so well out of the loop.

Comment

1. Go sign up for Steam and download their marketplace app to your PC.

Ok, done steps 1, 2 and 3. Lots to look at and figure out.

Origin Access sounds pretty good too. Will poke around a bit more before making any purchases. Got my PS4 controller hooked up, so at least easy controller to use.

Comment

• Check Humble Store in a couple days. They will be revealing the top game in their upcoming Humble Monthly bundle. I think a month of Humble Monthly is like $12 but usually the feature game is fairly new and over $30-40 to purchase. The others which are a surprise until the official complete reveal tend to be worth around $40-50. So there is a gamble but if you like the early reveal game(Which you get right away) then the rest is merely a bonus.

If you go to the website they show you what past Humble Monthly bundles looked like.

Comment

Check Humble Store in a couple days. They will be revealing the top game in their upcoming Humble Monthly bundle. I think a month of Humble Monthly is like $12 but usually the feature game is fairly new and over $30-40 to purchase. The others which are a surprise until the official complete reveal tend to be worth around $40-50. So there is a gamble but if you like the early reveal game(Which you get right away) then the rest is merely a bonus.

If you go to the website they show you what past Humble Monthly bundles looked like.
                                Will do. So far I've only played some N64 emulator (which is awesome since my old PC didn't run it well).

Comment

Working...
                                X