The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know if you're using PC but damn, its like every week I have to update Origin. Just fired it up for some BF1 and bam, again with the updates?
    Nah i dont have a good enough PC for gaming

Comment

• Alright PC gamers, Humble Bundle is at it again. This time they're giving away Grid steam codes for free.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/g...content=Banner

You're welcome.

Comment

• Is the promo over?
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          Is the promo over?
          Oh yeah. Ended before Christmas.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• They gave you to the 29th to redeem the code on Steam but I redeemed mine last night. The news feed for the game on Steam says its on sale at GOG for $3 but set to be removed at 6PM EST today.

I also noticed Wasteland 2 Directors Cut was on sale at wingamestore.com for $9.50 USD. Been meaning to try it and I've never seen it so cheap so I picked it up.
            Last edited by Apollo; Sat Dec 31st, 2016, 11:41 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Been playing Rise of Tomb Raider on PS4 this week. Great play so far. Similar to the last one in gameplay. No complaints yet

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miek, if I recall around this time last year you bought XCOM 2. So whats the verdict?

I'm due to start something new. This one has been on the to do list and Humble has it on for $12USD as part of their Humble Monthly bundle. Nows the time but is it good? How does it compare to #1?

Comment

• Xcom was great. But it is a blackhole for time. If you aren't acutely aware of your time constraints it can effect life. I play it now when I have a long train ride or on the 16 hour flight back to Ottawa.

A really fun game that I would buy again.

I suggest immediately making soldiers named after all your friends, and wife. It is super fun to scream at them for missing a kill shot that has an 88% hit chance and results in the death of your rangers.

Comment

• Good stuff! Sounds like XCOM in terms of time management. Maybe I rethink this... Haha

Just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Moved.

Comment

• So I bought it. $16 CAD for a bundle that includes XCOM 2, probably another AAA and six other games is an awesome value. I'll fire up XCOM 2 tonight.

Humble Bundle is at it again and this time they're giving away free Dirt Showdown steam codes. This is only up for a day so act fast.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/d...ent=Grid_Image

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Xcom was great. But it is a blackhole for time. If you aren't acutely aware of your time constraints it can effect life. I play it now when I have a long train ride or on the 16 hour flight back to Ottawa.

A really fun game that I would buy again.

I suggest immediately making soldiers named after all your friends, and wife. It is super fun to scream at them for missing a kill shot that has an 88% hit chance and results in the death of your rangers.
                        Fooled around with the game last night. It's fun and improved. I'm on the fence about the mission timers though. I like it and I don't like it. I like that it ups the anti making for more intense and interesting combat. I don't like half my squad being busted up and wounded after the end of each mission. I ran three missions not counting the quick intro. In those missions I lost in total five soldiers and had two wounded. I never faced casualties like that in the first one until near the end of the game so the challenge is up this time around.

Comment

• So for the past 3 weeks o haven't been able to play Assassins Creed Syndicate because their servers suck and the game crashes at the loading screen while "checking for additional content".

So in frustration with modern gaming I've fired up Chrono Trigger on the Raspberry Pi and I'm loving it. Such a classic game.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            So for the past 3 weeks o haven't been able to play Assassins Creed Syndicate because their servers suck and the game crashes at the loading screen while "checking for additional content".

So in frustration with modern gaming I've fired up Chrono Trigger on the Raspberry Pi and I'm loving it. Such a classic game.
                            That's good to know - I'm a game behind and playing my way through Unity but have Syndicate sitting there waiting for when I'm done. Maybe I'll grab Uncharted 4 to put a break between games (or ideally Andromeda if it takes me that long to wrap up) if their servers are wonky.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Video Game Thread

DanH wrote: View Post
                              That's good to know - I'm a game behind and playing my way through Unity but have Syndicate sitting there waiting for when I'm done. Maybe I'll grab Uncharted 4 to put a break between games (or ideally Andromeda if it takes me that long to wrap up) if their servers are wonky.
                              Unity is good. I finished that just before Christmas then got Syndicate for Christmas but now can't play it. Very annoying. Was just getting going when it went down. Seems that Ubisoft has issues with a few games servers lately.

At least Chrono Trigger won't let me down. May go Super Mario RPG after that. Full on retro.

Comment

• That new Resident Evil looks super interesting. Seems they are going back to their roots of just throwing a ton of puzzles at you while also trying to creep the hell out of you .. and apparently the game is scary as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X