Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any thoughts on the PS5 and the announced launch library? Pretty solid stuff.

    Comment


    • Do all the accessories shown ship in one box?

      I just finished playing Spiderman for PS4. It was excellent, one of the most enjoyable games I played in quite sometime and it sort of looks now like a prelude to Miles' origin story as Spiderman. I'm sure "Spiderman MM" will be excellent. Destruction Allstars looked pretty cool and different. Godfall looked cool. So too did Little Devil Inside. The one that peaked my interest the most was Demon's Souls. The lineup in general looked stronger than last time around and has something for everyone.

      I think I'll be a late adopter though. I didn't play as many games this last gen by comparison to my gaming experience on other gens. I have a tonne of games I have yet to get to. I don't even have a flatscreen better than 1080p right now. By the time I get a PS5 I'm sure there will be all sorts of cool bundles on sale. I'm hoping Demon's Souls is multi-gen but if not, meh. I'll play it someday.

      Comment


      • I heard that the PS5 can play PS4 games. That will be a big hit for consumers looking to upgrade and not lose out on their inventory of old games. Xbox has had downward compatibility for a long time, so always had that edge to them.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          I heard that the PS5 can play PS4 games. That will be a big hit for consumers looking to upgrade and not lose out on their inventory of old games. Xbox has had downward compatibility for a long time, so always had that edge to them.
          Its about time they brought it back. There were a bunch of Sony consoles that had backwards compatibility of some sort. Incorporating it again won't sell me on getting one again though. I'm a tough sell anyway when it comes to gaming, I no longer feel the pull for early adoption on any form of technology anymore. Not sure what happened to me. lol

          Comment


          • There's not much to do so I finally gave in today. I bought a PS4 and I bought a couple of games. I bought this game called The Last of Us Remastered because I've heard a lot of great things about it. It's only $9.99 btw. I also bought FIFA 20. I wanted to buy God Of War as well but they were out of stock.

            I must say though, this game The Last of Us is addicting lol. Any other games like this that I should know of? I don't know what you call it, action/adventure game. Any recommendations?
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Spider-Man

              Comment


              • This is all I've ever wanted ... the STALKER games were some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Super pumped for this.



                This is basically my Half-Life 3. Lol I've waited a LONG time for this game.

                Comment


                • Everyone should go get that Fall Guys game. It's a BLAST. And you can play with your kids or friends or significant other etc. Its like Mario Party .. but different. haha

                  Comment


                  • Civ VI on Switch is excellent. I'm amazed how good it is on that tiny screen.

                    Comment


                    • Out of the park baseball 21 is on sale on steam. The best sports manager simulation game (of any sport) out there. If you want to build a dynasty through trades, free agents and draft, but don't feel like swinging the bat yourself, then this is the game for you. Fully customizable leagues, with details that modern console games only dream of (like a team owner selling the team, so a new owner with new goals and budgets for you to suddenly adjust to).

                      On sale for $11 on steam for another week or so.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • Axel wrote: View Post
                        Out of the park baseball 21 is on sale on steam. The best sports manager simulation game (of any sport) out there. If you want to build a dynasty through trades, free agents and draft, but don't feel like swinging the bat yourself, then this is the game for you. Fully customizable leagues, with details that modern console games only dream of (like a team owner selling the team, so a new owner with new goals and budgets for you to suddenly adjust to).

                        On sale for $11 on steam for another week or so.
                        Had to do a double take and confirm this wasn't a spam ad for Out of the Park Baseball 21. Haha

                        Sup man!? How you been? What the heck are we gonna do about Dynasty?? Lol

                        Comment


                        • Joey wrote: View Post

                          Had to do a double take and confirm this wasn't a spam ad for Out of the Park Baseball 21. Haha

                          Sup man!? How you been? What the heck are we gonna do about Dynasty?? Lol
                          haha, I've been lurking lots, posting very rarely. Out of the park baseball is pretty sweet though. Random funny story about it, I made a Canadian league, so all fake players. My team had a back up infielder by the name of Truman Alcock. Greatest imaginary player name ever.

                          Dynasty will have to adjust, just like everything else.

                          Life has been pretty good for me. COVID numbers are super low on the East Coast, so other than wearing masks in stores, hasn't really made a huge difference except I am full time working from home now, so that's a bonus for me. How about you?
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X