X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Final Fantasy is a playstation staple so it makes sense that its exclusive for a year. We should be glad its not fully exclusive like it use to be. Seems like Square Enix has been trending towards making all their games multi-platform.
    I'm into the second chapter of it now. The game is excellent so far, really something special for a FFVII vet. The demo was essentially the full first chapter except for an added intro scene, some added minor cut scenes and the use of limit breaks. I mean limit breaks could have been in the demo but it seemed like I was more of a punching bag in the full game (just assuming limits work the same as the original where they activate due to damage taken).

Timed exclusivity hurts all consoles but hopefully they'll port it over soon enough so everyone can enjoy this.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

I been trynna start the home workouts as well but to no avail. Its tough being motivated when you sleep hella late every night and wake up past noon. Gotta fix my sleep schedule if I wanna workout seriously.

As for games, I finally got around to starting the witcher 3 and I've been playing Call of Duty Warzone with the boys. Witcher 3 is excellent and I'm glad I put it off cause now I have the time to fully enjoy it, there's so much content its ridiculous (in a good way). Warzone on the other hand is just another battle royale except it call of duty style so its faster paced. I find it more fun than Apex, there's less emphasis on gear and there isn't a million different types of body armour.
    I finished up most of the Witcher 3 content on Switch right before all this shit hit the fan. My play time was 175 hours after putting the finishing touches on Toussaint. I didn't even finish all the contracts or side quests, just some of those things. The game is epic in size. You're in for an amazing ride.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

It's been quite a while! I'm doing alright all things considered, how've you been!?

FF15 was the first one I played tbh and I loved it... until the ending :/

I still need to build a nice gaming PC
    Ya good man.. all things considered. Lol

And ya, I've heard that about FF15 as well, which made me reluctant to go any further ... I hate being disappointed after putting in that much effort in a game. Lol

You could probably go on to Kijiji or whatever and find a few years old CPU and GPU for cheap, and then everything else is pretty easy to find on Amazon for cheap enough as well. RAM, MB, Fan, Case, Power supply ... that's it! Lol

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

Hey NoProps!! Long time no see! Hope you're keeping well.

And ya, FF15 for PC is amazing. Need to play more of that actually ...
    It's been quite a while! I'm doing alright all things considered, how've you been!?

FF15 was the first one I played tbh and I loved it... until the ending :/

I still need to build a nice gaming PC

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Final Fantasy is a playstation staple so it makes sense that its exclusive for a year. We should be glad its not fully exclusive like it use to be. Seems like Square Enix has been trending towards making all their games multi-platform.
    Hey NoProps!! Long time no see! Hope you're keeping well.

And ya, FF15 for PC is amazing. Need to play more of that actually ...

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

I had thought it was coming out on PC, but I guess no announcement yet. Was pretty bummed about that, as I really want to play this when it comes out next month. Hopefully they announce the PC drop soon.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    And I'm home indefinitely. I'll need a few new hobbies for ??? amount of time. So, beyond setting up my home gym and working out at home(which takes major will power with all the other temptations around the house), I'm dusting off the old gaming PC. Not going to bore anyone with the specs but she was a total beast in 2015 and I'm hoping it can handle anything new I'll throw at it. First up though, I just re-installed Fallout 4. The Nvidia app optimized it to Ultra @ 1080p and so now I am ready... That said, guys, give me all your favorite mod recommendations.

Also, how are you all doing right now? You getting some gaming in? I hope you're all safe and sound and enjoying some recreational gaming during these very difficult times.

Miekenstien
    Machine
    Joey ​​
    planetmars
    RandomGuy​​​
    NoPropsneeded
    Axel
    rocwell

I been trynna start the home workouts as well but to no avail. Its tough being motivated when you sleep hella late every night and wake up past noon. Gotta fix my sleep schedule if I wanna workout seriously.

As for games, I finally got around to starting the witcher 3 and I've been playing Call of Duty Warzone with the boys. Witcher 3 is excellent and I'm glad I put it off cause now I have the time to fully enjoy it, there's so much content its ridiculous (in a good way). Warzone on the other hand is just another battle royale except it call of duty style so its faster paced. I find it more fun than Apex, there's less emphasis on gear and there isn't a million different types of body armour.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I missed that. Was is it fun to watch? Were they mic'd up like any gamer would be or were they on Skype or something as well? I'm really craving sports so much to the point I'm considering getting DAZN to re-live the NFL season. Its too bad they don't have the NBA or NHL on contract because they offer a monthly sub after a one month free trial.

The reviews are in on FFVII-Remake and the verdict is it's really, really, really good.

So, I pre-ordered last night and the game is sitting on my PS4 right now waiting to be released on Good Friday. A digital pre-order doesn't give you much but I was getting it anyway so why not? You get a theme, which I tried out and is very mediocre. You also get a Chocobo Mog summon materia, which was very crap in the original game. Maybe it packs a bigger punch in the remake. Anyway, I might redo the demo again because its not like my calendar is filled up with fun vacation destinations and other activities this spring...

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Anyone going to watch the 2k Players Tourney tonight?? Should be good entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The FFVII Remake is only a week away now. I am looking forward to it.

Finished Titanfall 2 a couple days back. I only played the campaign but it was pretty damn entertaining and the titan boss fights all offered something new to figure out.

Making my way through GTAV story mode now in the first person view. Never tried it from this perspective before. It's better like this.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    One of the learnings that came out of Italy was that if they had the their time back the spread might have been much less if that had facilities away from other hospitals dedicated solely to COVID19.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Anyone play The Division?
    Seeing the Field Hospitals being set up in Central Park in New York City is eerily reminiscent of that game. One of the craziest scenes in the whole game is when you finally make it as far north as Central Park and you see all the bodies and left over equipment ... if that game had it right, then Madison Square Garden will be next to be converted into a Field Hospital. GREAT game. Go play it.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    skyrim is a 2 player game now.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    I have more work than usual these days so no gaming to me. Only today I've managed to spend an hour playing Dota and now I'm deciding either to play Kenshi or Rimworld. If this whole lockdown thing lasts then I'll probably lose some of my clients resulting in more time for video games.

I can't wait for my new gaming laptop to arrive though. HP has insanely good value offers on their website right now, the only downside is that for the discount you get, you'll have to wait up to a month for them to assemble your purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    My quarantine playlist so far has been, NBA2k and WWE 2k17 on PS4, restarted God of War on PS3, and fired up some MVP Baseball 2004 on my original xbox. None of them have been played extensively as I've been playing more board games, some epic Gloomhaven, super hard Spirit Island, and some light and easy Marvel Legendary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X