Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Had tested Oculus rift last fall. IT WAS HILARIOUS. Me and my friends played rollercoaster game, where you are standing in a wagon and the rail ends, you jump over the gaps, etc, its kinda extreme. I hold my own and remained calm during the short demo of the game. But when my friend put it on he was litterally falling on the ground on every turn, people had to hold him in order for him not to fall and break the equipment, I've filmed this... Hilarious stuff.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

    Comment


    • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Had tested Oculus rift last fall. IT WAS HILARIOUS. Me and my friends played rollercoaster game, where you are standing in a wagon and the rail ends, you jump over the gaps, etc, its kinda extreme. I hold my own and remained calm during the short demo of the game. But when my friend put it on he was litterally falling on the ground on every turn, people had to hold him in order for him not to fall and break the equipment, I've filmed this... Hilarious stuff.
      is it a game where u can affect things? or is it a VR movie?
      Last edited by Machine; Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 07:33 AM.

      Comment


      • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        is it a game where u cant affect things? or is it a VR movie?
        There are games adapted to this, that time it was a VR demo game, where you are able to turn your head around so it felt very real. Check the video Joey posted.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

        Comment


        • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          is it a game where u can affect things? or is it a VR movie?
          The Roller Coaster is just like a 3D VR Movie.

          But the games that will adapted to this technology are endless.
          They've already got Team Fortress 2 fully compatible I'm pretty sure.

          Comment


          • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            The Roller Coaster is just like a 3D VR Movie.

            But the games that will adapted to this technology are endless.
            They've already got Team Fortress 2 fully compatible I'm pretty sure.
            Skyrim, Mirrors Edge etc... as well. Mirrors edge is awesome with it.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

            Comment


            • Sign me up right now. That video was amazing. Can you imagine playing a career mode in NBA2K or Madden while wearing this thing? Shooters would be really good as well. Hell, even this in Minecraft would add another level of feeling you're in the game.

              So the real question is how much? FYI, it is rumored that Sony is working on a VR headset designed for the PS4:

              http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/...adset-mission/

              If Sony is doing it you gotta think Microsoft is as well.

              Comment


              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                Sign me up right now. That video was amazing. Can you imagine playing a career mode in NBA2K or Madden while wearing this thing? Shooters would be really good as well. Hell, even this in Minecraft would add another level of feeling you're in the game.

                So the real question is how much? FYI, it is rumored that Sony is working on a VR headset designed for the PS4:

                http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/...adset-mission/

                If Sony is doing it you gotta think Microsoft is as well.
                For the consumer version, which doesn't have a release date yet, they're targeting $300.
                Apparently they still have a few other tricks up their sleeve before they release.

                Comment


                • Oculus has developed a bunch of games for the Dev Kit to gives Developers some ideas, and some of the videos that have come out are amazing.. the Horror Genre seems to be something that this could really take advantage of:

                  Comment


                  • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    For the consumer version, which doesn't have a release date yet, they're targeting $300.
                    Apparently they still have a few other tricks up their sleeve before they release.
                    When you consider the price of TV's and monitors I think that's a reasonable price. I'm guessing they'll try to make this all wireless?

                    Another idea, if they teamed up with a company like Turtle Beach just imagine how much of a winning combination that would be; my headset has Dolby 7.1. I can crank that and no one in the house hears a peep. It's a beautiful thing.

                    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Been sick all week with what I think is the flu... Its been awful but being on my back away from work has given me an opportunity to play some games. So I bought The Walking Dead Season 1 off PSN for the PS Vita at a price of $5. When you factor in the DLC that's less than a dollar per episode, not bad.

                      I finished up today and I have to say it was a fun ride.

                      The game is heavy on story and the gamer making quick decisions which impact future outcomes. Not a whole lot of heavy action sequences but there was enough for this type of game. I liken it to old school point and click PC adventure games meets the zombie genre with modern controls and polish. The voice acting was all stellar for a video game. I really liked the lead character, which makes sense because the game makes you mold who he is and how others perceive him by the choices he makes; many driven around morality vs desperation & survival.

                      When I finished it off I wasn't sold on continuing on for season two. The games in my opinion is more harsh than the books, and it really sets a more intense negative tone throughout. Talk about a drain at times. I'll see what I think later, I know episode 1 of season 2 is already out on steam.

                      Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Been sick all week with what I think is the flu... Its been awful but being on my back away from work has given me an opportunity to play some games. So I bought The Walking Dead Season 1 off PSN for the PS Vita at a price of $5. When you factor in the DLC that's less than a dollar per episode, not bad.

                        I finished up today and I have to say it was a fun ride.

                        The game is heavy on story and the gamer making quick decisions which impact future outcomes. Not a whole lot of heavy action sequences but there was enough for this type of game. I liken it to old school point and click PC adventure games meets the zombie genre with modern controls and polish. The voice acting was all stellar for a video game. I really liked the lead character, which makes sense because the game makes you mold who he is and how others perceive him by the choices he makes; many driven around morality vs desperation & survival.

                        When I finished it off I wasn't sold on continuing on for season two. The games in my opinion is more harsh than the books, and it really sets a more intense negative tone throughout. Talk about a drain at times. I'll see what I think later, I know episode 1 of season 2 is already out on steam.

                        Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                        Yea I copped it on my iphone when it came out and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. Like you say heavy on story, but I didn't mind cuz it was a pretty darn good story and the dialogue was top notch. I played it twice through. The first time I tried to make all the PC choices, be all polite etc. The 2nd time I was a total dick the whole time and lol the outcome was quite different (no one came to help me look for the girl lol). Anyways it was a fun little game.

                        Comment


                        • joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Oculus has developed a bunch of games for the Dev Kit to gives Developers some ideas, and some of the videos that have come out are amazing.. the Horror Genre seems to be something that this could really take advantage of:
                          wow this guy is insanely annoying and looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt

                          Comment


                          • Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Been sick all week with what I think is the flu... Its been awful but being on my back away from work has given me an opportunity to play some games. So I bought The Walking Dead Season 1 off PSN for the PS Vita at a price of $5. When you factor in the DLC that's less than a dollar per episode, not bad.

                            I finished up today and I have to say it was a fun ride.

                            The game is heavy on story and the gamer making quick decisions which impact future outcomes. Not a whole lot of heavy action sequences but there was enough for this type of game. I liken it to old school point and click PC adventure games meets the zombie genre with modern controls and polish. The voice acting was all stellar for a video game. I really liked the lead character, which makes sense because the game makes you mold who he is and how others perceive him by the choices he makes; many driven around morality vs desperation & survival.

                            When I finished it off I wasn't sold on continuing on for season two. The games in my opinion is more harsh than the books, and it really sets a more intense negative tone throughout. Talk about a drain at times. I'll see what I think later, I know episode 1 of season 2 is already out on steam.

                            Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                            I like the game better than the TV show but towards the end it gets very, very depressing as the horrible happenings continue to pile up. I did like the twist(?) at the end of it with the "bad guy". I am looking forward to the second season but hopefully it is a little less dark. There are a couple of loose ends at the end of the game that I am interested to see cleared up.

                            Comment


                            • A colleague of mine was in on Oculus Rift through the Kickstarter campaign and he got one of the prototypes. It is wild. There isn't a tonne of content (obviously) but the potential is amazing.

                              The thing that they have figured out is the motion sickness problem, which has always been the big stumbling block. I don't like 3D tv cause it makes me ill but I have no issue with the OR glasses.

                              Comment


                              • Been playing The Park mode in NBA2K14 for Xbox One today and noticed a fellow player in all raptors gear on there earlier. Just curious if it was anyone on here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X