Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The series is eight years old. How many young people (20-40) do you know at your work who've been there more than eight years? I think people leaving gaming companies gets blown out of proportion and I think you can chalk it up to bloggers looking for something to write about and wanting that traffic. Uncharted is the flagship exclusive for Sony and Naughtydog is one of the most successful game developers of all time. Hell, even the Vita game game("Golden Abyss", which I think should be ported to PS4) was outstanding and they only oversaw that project.

    This series is one of the only sure fire things in gaming. Mario would be on that list as well. Probably Zelda and Halo as well.

    Comment


    • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Didn't a bunch of developers who were with the uncharted frachise from the beginning quit during production of this game cause they didn't like the direction Uncharted 4 was going? What's that about?
      Eh that happens all the time. No one significant really left, Naughty dog is a very well respected successful developer. Not many people would even want to leave unless they were given an even greater opportunity, which is rare. Uncharted 4 looks like it'll be the best one yet, and i'm certain it won't disappoint.

      Comment


      • Apollo wrote: View Post
        Uncharted 4's cutscenes don't really look any different than actual gameplay. That's how goo the game looks. You know the story and gameplay will be entertaining. This will probably be the best Uncharted yet. I think this one has Drake a little older and so I'm guessing Sully may not be involved?
        Drake is probably in his late 30's so Sully is probably still around, he just won't have as big a role in the game. Which has been the trend ever since the second one, he's obviously still going to have some sort of role in the game though. I'm just looking forward to the story, so far it looks epic as always


        Apollo wrote: View Post
        The series is eight years old. How many young people (20-40) do you know at your work who've been there more than eight years? I think people leaving gaming companies gets blown out of proportion and I think you can chalk it up to bloggers looking for something to write about and wanting that traffic. Uncharted is the flagship exclusive for Sony and Naughtydog is one of the most successful game developers of all time. Hell, even the Vita game game("Golden Abyss", which I think should be ported to PS4) was outstanding and they only oversaw that project.

        This series is one of the only sure fire things in gaming. Mario would be on that list as well. Probably Zelda and Halo as well.
        I don't think Halo is very sure fire anymore. The recent releases have been flops and I feel like they are just trying to milk it now. The first three were amazing, after that it was very meh.
        Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Feb 24th, 2015, 08:11 PM.

        Comment


        • I love me Uncharted.

          Also got a little (or a lot) excited when I saw that Lego Jurassic World is coming this year, and yes, you can play as the dinosaurs.

          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

          Comment


          • Any Lego game is awesome.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

            Comment


            • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              I don't think Halo is very sure fire anymore. The recent releases have been flops and I feel like they are just trying to milk it now. The first three were amazing, after that it was very meh.
              OK remove Halo(shot in the dark, I haven't played since Halo 3) and insert Elders Scrolls (ESO doesn't count) or GTA.

              Comment


              • I know it's a little early, but ideas for NBA 2K16:

                1. Add the D-League to the game. Considering you have the rights to it, why not? Allows more flexibility in Association Mode as well.

                2. My Career: Make playing in the EuroLeague and D-League possible. Also, make it so players can't go higher than a 1st round lottery pick. I don't want to go 1st all the time. Also, no more VC for clothes and equipment please. If I want my player to wear what I wear when playing basketball (Elbow Pads and Hand Wraps for me. Gives me a unique look and better grip)

                3. My Team: This mode needs to be revamped so badly. The points system is fucked. The auction is fucked. Pleas edit this. Look at EA's Team modes. That's the one thing they do really well.

                4. More customization in Creation Modes. Please. I wanna be able to make my own jerseys and scripts. I don't want a logo on the front of a jersey, thank you. It looks cruddy.

                I have more ideas, but these are just a few I thought I'd share. Anyone agree with my ideas?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                Comment


                • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Any Lego game is awesome.
                  I love LEGO Star Wars so much.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

                  Comment


                  • 007 wrote: View Post
                    I love LEGO Star Wars so much.
                    YES! I love the 2nd game in that series...... it was so much fun. Played alongside my mom (Who loves games as much as i do) actually because co-op.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      I know it's a little early, but ideas for NBA 2K16:

                      1. Add the D-League to the game. Considering you have the rights to it, why not? Allows more flexibility in Association Mode as well.

                      2. My Career: Make playing in the EuroLeague and D-League possible. Also, make it so players can't go higher than a 1st round lottery pick. I don't want to go 1st all the time. Also, no more VC for clothes and equipment please. If I want my player to wear what I wear when playing basketball (Elbow Pads and Hand Wraps for me. Gives me a unique look and better grip)

                      3. My Team: This mode needs to be revamped so badly. The points system is fucked. The auction is fucked. Pleas edit this. Look at EA's Team modes. That's the one thing they do really well.

                      4. More customization in Creation Modes. Please. I wanna be able to make my own jerseys and scripts. I don't want a logo on the front of a jersey, thank you. It looks cruddy.

                      I have more ideas, but these are just a few I thought I'd share. Anyone agree with my ideas?
                      It's a $70 game. The best "enchancement" they could do to the series would be one of the following:
                      a. Remove the payment walls in the game(making gamers grind like a hardcore NES RPG to get anywhere in the game is clearly a plot to gouge gamers for extra money to get at all the content, hence "payment wall").
                      b. Make the game free to play, removing the $70 price tag, and charge gamers for everything in game.

                      As soon as EA Sports can make a decent NBA game 2K will be on the ropes. The price gouging scheme won't work when there is viable competition not pulling those dirty tricks. I'm glad they're not in football because while EA gets knocked for not being innovative or creative enough, they're not essentially blocking content by making it such a grind to get to all the content that it destroys all fun without forking over more cash.

                      Comment


                      • Apollo wrote: View Post
                        It's a $70 game. The best "enchancement" they could do to the series would be one of the following:
                        a. Remove the payment walls in the game(making gamers grind like a hardcore NES RPG to get anywhere in the game is clearly a plot to gouge gamers for extra money to get at all the content, hence "payment wall").
                        b. Make the game free to play, removing the $70 price tag, and charge gamers for everything in game.

                        As soon as EA Sports can make a decent NBA game 2K will be on the ropes. The price gouging scheme won't work when there is viable competition not pulling those dirty tricks. I'm glad they're not in football because while EA gets knocked for not being innovative or creative enough, they're not essentially blocking content by making it such a grind to get to all the content that it destroys all fun without forking over more cash.
                        EA will catch up real quick. Give Live a year or two and 2K is screwed, they started off well but now they are like Apple when it comes to making NBA games. They dropped some crazy innovative shit but after that they just coasted and never really built on it, while other competitors caught up and added better features.

                        Comment


                        • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          I know it's a little early, but ideas for NBA 2K16:

                          1. Add the D-League to the game. Considering you have the rights to it, why not? Allows more flexibility in Association Mode as well.
                          They had the D-League in past versions of the 2K games. You could even play the D-League games if you wanted. Don't know why they got rid of that.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            They had the D-League in past versions of the 2K games. You could even play the D-League games if you wanted. Don't know why they got rid of that.
                            I'd love to be able to use a D-League players in My Team. Like how you can use CHL guys in HUT.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                            Comment


                            • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              EA will catch up real quick. Give Live a year or two and 2K is screwed, they started off well but now they are like Apple when it comes to making NBA games. They dropped some crazy innovative shit but after that they just coasted and never really built on it, while other competitors caught up and added better features.
                              Gamers will eat a generic product for a new roster if they perceive "value". See Madden every second or third year.

                              The problem 2k faces is that they're gouging hoops fans on this micro transaction bullshit. You can't charge $70 for the game and then essentially take use a free to play model in game. That's called greed and eventually the well will be dry.

                              Comment


                              • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                I'd love to be able to use a D-League players in My Team. Like how you can use CHL guys in HUT.
                                Pretty sure you could in 2k12 or 13. And really, not MUCH has changed since those versions.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X