Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Civ VI on Switch is excellent. I'm amazed how good it is on that tiny screen.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Everyone should go get that Fall Guys game. It's a BLAST. And you can play with your kids or friends or significant other etc. Its like Mario Party .. but different. haha

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    This is all I've ever wanted ... the STALKER games were some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Super pumped for this.

This is basically my Half-Life 3. Lol I've waited a LONG time for this game.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Spider-Man

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    There's not much to do so I finally gave in today. I bought a PS4 and I bought a couple of games. I bought this game called The Last of Us Remastered because I've heard a lot of great things about it. It's only $9.99 btw. I also bought FIFA 20. I wanted to buy God Of War as well but they were out of stock.

I must say though, this game The Last of Us is addicting lol. Any other games like this that I should know of? I don't know what you call it, action/adventure game. Any recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I heard that the PS5 can play PS4 games. That will be a big hit for consumers looking to upgrade and not lose out on their inventory of old games. Xbox has had downward compatibility for a long time, so always had that edge to them.
    Its about time they brought it back. There were a bunch of Sony consoles that had backwards compatibility of some sort. Incorporating it again won't sell me on getting one again though. I'm a tough sell anyway when it comes to gaming, I no longer feel the pull for early adoption on any form of technology anymore. Not sure what happened to me. lol

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I heard that the PS5 can play PS4 games. That will be a big hit for consumers looking to upgrade and not lose out on their inventory of old games. Xbox has had downward compatibility for a long time, so always had that edge to them.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Do all the accessories shown ship in one box?

I just finished playing Spiderman for PS4. It was excellent, one of the most enjoyable games I played in quite sometime and it sort of looks now like a prelude to Miles' origin story as Spiderman. I'm sure "Spiderman MM" will be excellent. Destruction Allstars looked pretty cool and different. Godfall looked cool. So too did Little Devil Inside. The one that peaked my interest the most was Demon's Souls. The lineup in general looked stronger than last time around and has something for everyone.

I think I'll be a late adopter though. I didn't play as many games this last gen by comparison to my gaming experience on other gens. I have a tonne of games I have yet to get to. I don't even have a flatscreen better than 1080p right now. By the time I get a PS5 I'm sure there will be all sorts of cool bundles on sale. I'm hoping Demon's Souls is multi-gen but if not, meh. I'll play it someday.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Any thoughts on the PS5 and the announced launch library? Pretty solid stuff.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

No announcement yet but just knowing the game inside/out and considering the pacing on this new one, I'd guess a trilogy.

I'm 31 hours in now and I have just received a warning about the upcoming point of no return. I'm not there yet and I knew I had to be close but it gives you plenty of heads up and then lets you know there are a bunch of new side quests to discovery over the map. Based on what I know of the old game and the pacing of the new game, I wouldn't be shocked if I still had 40-50 hours of content ahead of me. Then there's apparently a hard mode/NG+ with some extra content added in.

Anyway, the game didn't let me down. It almost feels like a JRPG mixed with an action game mixed with an old school beat'em up like Streets of Rage or Double Dragon. There's one area you go through and you need to make your way up a tower. I won't spoil anything but the combat and action is outstanding and with some challenge if you're not trying to grind levels or gear.
    I got past the tower part and I thought the game would end there. It's surprisingly long and the combat is satisfying and not too hard or easy. I been cycling through so many games that I haven't been able to finish FFVII. Warzone on PC is bonkers, it's like playing a whole new game - just wished they optimized it better, it caused my CPU to overheat once.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Been playing Spider-Man this week. This one caught me off guard, it is amazing. Wow.
    A true Playstation gem. Playstation killed it with the exclusive titles this gen, and we still got two heavy hitters coming out in TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Decided to play some Skyrim again.. had beaten the game and wanted to finish some side quests that I just never got to before. Went down a Youtube rabbit hole and discovered some loop/glitch that can create these very awesome fortifying potions.

I turned my ghost blade into a 1 swing killing machine. The games is just way to easy now. But also pretty fun. Need to find an ancient or elder dragon to see what it can do.
    Alchemy + Enchanting + Smithing =

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Decided to play some Skyrim again.. had beaten the game and wanted to finish some side quests that I just never got to before. Went down a Youtube rabbit hole and discovered some loop/glitch that can create these very awesome fortifying potions.

I turned my ghost blade into a 1 swing killing machine. The games is just way to easy now. But also pretty fun. Need to find an ancient or elder dragon to see what it can do.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Been playing Spider-Man this week. This one caught me off guard, it is amazing. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I just found out that PS Now allows you to download any PS4 games in the service (300 games). I've been meaning to play like God of War, Spiderman and Doom. For $60 for a whole year I think it's pretty good value with the list of games they have for PS4; for sure there are over a dozen I'll go through.

I tried out streaming some PS3 games on there and I'd only consider that aspect of the service if it were a turn based game. My Internet is pretty good but I can still feel the latency. I'll probably just pass and stick to the downloads.

Now in 2020 it feels like the Netflix of video games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X