The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Movie Thread

Everyone likes movies. In my time here, I've seen more than one reference/discussion to certain films.I figure we should make a movie thread.

Talk about anything and everything to do with movies. old ones, new ones. Classics, duds. Whatever!

I guess maybe could start out with rating the last movie you saw...

I just got around to seeing The Prestige.

I need to see it again. I can't even rate it without having seen it again. But, I can definitely say it's a fucking masterpiece.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    Everyone likes movies. In my time here, I've seen more than one reference/discussion to certain films.I figure we should make a movie thread.

Talk about anything and everything to do with movies. old ones, new ones. Classics, duds. Whatever!

I guess maybe could start out with rating the last movie you saw...

I just got around to seeing The Prestige.

I need to see it again. I can't even rate it without having seen it again. But, I can definitely say it's a fucking masterpiece.
    Yeah that was a great movie, shocking ending.

The new hunger games movie comes out this weekend I think and I figure ill see it at some point so I rewatched the first one last night cause I had forgotten everything. Its no masterpiece but entertaining nonetheless.

Comment

I haven't seen that, yet. I got to get on that. It looked pretty good.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I took my wife to see he new Thor movie on the weekend. It was entertaining, 3 out of 5 stars in my books.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I took my wife to see he new Thor movie on the weekend. It was entertaining, 3 out of 5 stars in my books.
          I saw Thor last week... very entertaining... i'd give it just under a 4/5... it was pure popcorn fun... enjoyed it a lot more than the first one

watched Captain Phillips this past weekend... WOW... really great movie... really really great... this year's Zero Dark Thirty for sure.. best Hanks performance since Philadelphia... and that's not to put down everything he's done since then... it was just that good

Comment

I liked it, I just thought it was average and on my rating scale that is a 3.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I liked it, I just thought it was average and on my rating scale that is a 3.

lol... 4 is a bit high... but I didn't want to break into fractions... I would give the first Thor a 3... and this one was definitely more enjoyable...

Comment

last time I went to the THeatres I saw Prisoners..pretty excellent. 9/10

Comment

Has anyone seen Captain Phillips? im interested to see it and heard good things, curious to know what people thought of it.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    Has anyone seen Captain Phillips? im interested to see it and heard good things, curious to know what people thought of it.
                    me! me! me!
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                      me! me! me!
                      how was it?

Comment

how was it?
                        it ..was...fuckin...amazing..i would...say...more.. but then i would ruin it
                        2 hours of your life is soft even if at the end you dont like it its not like you spent 6 hours of your life watching lotr
                        i watched with some friends put it this why you'll be laughing every second trust me. but your gonna be tearing up in the final scenes tho......
                        Last edited by lilmamba_; Sun Nov 24, 2013, 08:54 PM.
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

I have... I commented on it a few posts back... but i'll repeat myself..

Probably Hanks best performance since Philadelphia... really gripping story... there is a point in the middle of the movie that it does kind of slow down for a bit... but that's really my only gripe... otherwise, absolutely fantastic... really gripping tense movie

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            I have... I commented on it a few posts back... but i'll repeat myself..

Probably Hanks best performance since Philadelphia... really gripping story... there is a point in the middle of the movie that it does kind of slow down for a bit... but that's really my only gripe... otherwise, absolutely fantastic... really gripping tense movie
                            What about Cast Away? I'd say that performance was on par with Philadelphia. Though, damn I haven't seen it in a long time..so, maybe it's not as good as I once thought.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              What about Cast Away? I'd say that performance was on par with Philadelphia. Though, damn I haven't seen it in a long time..so, maybe it's not as good as I once thought.
                              hated castaway. I understand it's widely loved, but I hated the living hell out of it.

back when it came out... my roommate at the time had a copy of it... and specifically only ever played it when he brought girls home, because it was guaranteed to bore the crap out of them... and lead to some boredom boning.

Comment

Working...
                              X